Another Try

Users who are viewing this thread

Aragton450

Recruit
I've decided to give Brytenwalda another try ever since I uninstalled due to how much time it took to upgrade troops. Though I will be playing in a slightly cheating-fashion.

-I will see if I can edit the module.ini file to edit the XP gain as I'm not that patient.

-I'll be playing more legit than in other mods, only starting off with 100-150 proficiency in each weapon, and at least 1 in each skill and of course -le troops and stuff-

I hope you guys won't be offended, but that cheating mentality stuck. I'd love to do so legit, but it's a weird mix of feelings.

My Goals:

-Create my own Kingdom
-Kill Penda [is that his name?]
-Get a sword.
-Try to not get bored
-Have fun!

Question: Are the Anglo/Saxons the ones who worship Wotin? [if so I'm going to have a REALLY bad time]  :sad:

I don't rely on upgrading my troops so the high xp demand doesn't bother me, you can get your troops from prisoners. Last play I had 500-600 medium or better troops in less than 200 days, didn't recruite any from villages and didn't pick light units from prisoners. At that point I had no settlements so starting my kingdom was quite easy.

Edit: Forgot to answer your question, I think most anglon and saxon factions are christian, Mierce and Penggvern are pagan.

East seaxna
Suth Seaxe
and Mierce, are pagan
East engla has pagan villages too btw
About Pengwern, never thought it was pagan :O

Athkor said:
I've decided to give Brytenwalda another try ever since I uninstalled due to how much time it took to upgrade troops. Though I will be playing in a slightly cheating-fashion.

-I will see if I can edit the module.ini file to edit the XP gain as I'm not that patient.

-I'll be playing more legit than in other mods, only starting off with 100-150 proficiency in each weapon, and at least 1 in each skill and of course -le troops and stuff-

I hope you guys won't be offended, but that cheating mentality stuck. I'd love to do so legit, but it's a weird mix of feelings.

My Goals:

-Create my own Kingdom
-Kill Penda [is that his name?]
-Get a sword.
-Try to not get bored
-Have fun!

Question: Are the Anglo/Saxons the ones who worship Wotin? [if so I'm going to have a REALLY bad time]  :sad:

Troop upgrades are not at all that slow, they seem normal to me. Check under mod options, you can enable the troop recruitment to take twice as long, as some people thought the troops upgrade too fast, which they absolutely do, in my opinion. (Not lower tier ones but later tier ones inappropriately quickly)

Don't cheat. It sucks.

And yes, both Angles and Saxons worship Woden, though a lot have converted to Christianity, more so with Angles (Bernaccia and parts of East Angla), not sure about Mierce. Saxons are mainly pagan afaik.

By the way, nice goal that, killing Penda. :razz:

Good luck.

you could try editing it. go to brytenwalda module and find the exp script, it will say 3.0 for troops. change the script to whatever you like, for your case, higher it.

@Alfredthegreat That's what I did :razz:

Also I have 64 elite Angle Troops rescued from prisoners and leveled up. My cavalry unit cuts down through most armies, and I captured Penda, got his relation to -100 aaaaannddd... I CAN'T kill him, help?

Also first tournament I went to: Won, maximum bets won, and sword. Lol. I just need to create my kingdom and I'll b about done! Just until I help the East Engles destroy Mierce.

Something else: I can kill any other lord fine without -100 relation. Just found this out! And now I swear the unhonorful and cruel lords are hiding from me xP

Three things bothered me the most , making me quit my campaign in Brytenwalda:
1) Once you create your own kingdom you have constantly 10 factions that are at war with you no matter what you do. At the end I was bored . My lords were so weak that got constantly wiped out by enemy caravans . I had to do everything on my own ...breaking sieges conquering settlements ... I never had time to go back home ... It kinda felt unrealistic...
2) The terran looked extremely mountainous wherever you gave battle ... Already not having the possibility to counce from horseback annoyed my but I could accept it for historical accuracy reasons... but having to fight always  on cliffs and slopes and riffs was too much after some time.
3) Too many lords of defeated factions , kept riding around on their own , practically for ever...
This mode is so amazing , so well worked in so many details, so colourfully rich of new features... and yet I hope those two or three things could be fixed ..... :roll:         

Jason L. said:
1) Once you create your own kingdom you have constantly 10 factions that are at war with you no matter what you do. At the end I was bored . My lords were so weak that got constantly wiped out by enemy caravans . I had to do everything on my own ...breaking sieges conquering settlements ... I never had time to go back home ... It kinda felt unrealistic...
2) The terran looked extremely mountainous wherever you gave battle ... Already not having the possibility to counce from horseback annoyed my but I could accept it for historical accuracy reasons... but having to fight always  on cliffs and slopes and riffs was too much after some time.
3) Too many lords of defeated factions , kept riding around on their own , practically for ever...
This mode is so amazing , so well worked in so many details, so colourfully rich of new features... and yet I hope those two or three things could be fixed ..... :roll:       

Being one who started conquering parts of Ireland I can tell you the following:

1) Yeah it could happen, might be due to low right to rule altho I have 99 and some factions really hate me.. It's realistic tho, imagine that you're an already fed up big @$$ faction and then you see a new kingdom that has just risen and stole the lands of you/your friends.. Heck, even if they were stealing fiefs from your enemies you'd declare a war  against them for an easy way to get more land.
@Weak lords: You should take just ONE fief for yourself, which isn't a village (town most recommended). The other ones you SPLIT by lords, BUT, the ones who are LOYAL: high relation with you, also you can ask your Chancellor (if you don't have him yet he will appear a fairly long time after you get your chamberlain and constable) about one of your vassals and what they think about you.
And 2nd factor is STRENGTH, which comes from their renown. They will have more and better troops. Also note what troops they use, which troops you think are better/worse, and you can change your kingdom's culture for lords&fiefs to have other troops (you can do it via chancellor too iirc)

#// Starting Hate Post #\\
Those vassals are RETARDS tho, first of all most of them are assholes, they don't want to follow your campaign even if a fief of your kingdom is under attack! Sometimes you can make those mules move if you tell them that you have a task for them to follow you.
Also, when they reach 400 troops and then you gather them, win a very hard battle but your vassals' army got crushed, they'll start regening troops.. The problem here is that even when they have 250/400 troops they still wouldn't follow your campaign..
I had SO much annoyances from those vassals... Also I reached -100 with two of em just because I wasn't giving them fiefs as much as they wanted because it would reduce my relation with other vassals&those ones didn't deserve it etc..
#// Ending Hate Post #\\

2) Yeah terrain can be bad at some times, but saying it's extremely mountaineous WHEREVER you start a battle is ridiculous.

3) Easy to fix, here's the script (4th page):
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,283638.45.html

Jason L. said:
once you take a lord prisoner your relation with all factions change and even neutral and friendly factions (NOT allied/friendly with the faction you are at war with) may gradually come to hate you. teh most anoying feature of the mod, makes little sense. but you can speak to a priest in your hall (assuming you have one), give him some money (so that "people will like me" option, or some such) and that will reset your relations with several faction to positive one. you can even totally negate the negative relation with the faction you are at war with. otherwise you'll slide into a perpetual war cycle with virtually no end in sight.
TML should fix the terrain issue, iirc.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,255556.105.html

O.K. thanks for your jentile attention ...
My skills on mixing with files are very limited.. (You can't teach an old dog new tricks)
I was Just wondering: why couldn't there be some kind of official patch to fix those little, but maybe important, details?   

There is one thing that made me quit playing for a while, money. the troops in brytenwalda cost way too much, and i tried to get all of my money back by prisoners, but some times i can't find the prisoners and sometimes the ransom brokers respawned at the other side of the map, and i was getting bankrupted every week and i can't do anything meaningful, it's just me getting money and doing the same thing so i wouldn't get banrupk

Yeah, but you can deal with it in many ways, you just need to find the right one.
For example, one GREAT way is what I call "The caravan bug"
When you look at item prices but from your inventory, what do you see on a, for example, North Horse (not lame or stubborn or whatever, just north horse):
You see it costs 2000 schillingas, right?
But after some time, you look again and its the exact same horse but costs 580!
Now it's just a visual bug, and i'll even explain why below:

First of all when trading with towns you should get the same price always, it depends on trading skill and perhaps other factors, but it doesn't matter if you see it costs 580 or 2000 in your inventory, because in towns it will still have the low price to sell it and high price to buy it (awesome logic, I sell a heavy north horse cheaper than I buy a lame one :S )

Secondly, this is the interesting part, the caravans. Now, I still don't know what excatly affects this, but, the prices in caravans change like your item prices if looking from inventory, BUT, the price that you see when looking from INVENTORY is in NO WAY related to the CARAVAN prices. I've had many many cases where I'd see my north horse costs 580 when I look from the inventory but I can sell it for 2000 at a caravan, and vice versa.
Another thing is the BUYING prices change with the selling prices in caravans. So for example a mail coat will only cost you 4,500 to buy, and you can sell it laters for 4,500 too if the bug stil applies.

Another thing to have in mind, the caravans always "switch" after some time.. the bug can last for 3 months and turn back to normal or last for a week, turn back to normal for a day and then last for another month, etc.

TLDR:
So after battles I take the most expensive item and sell it at caravans when the bug applies.

Also, if you have a stable army you should start noting what troops you're hiring from prisoners... for example you kill a band of outlaw warriors, and they have 60 Scoti as prisoners.. but each of those scoti take you a 158 schillingas per week, while not being THAAAAAAT much strong. They're as strong as, say, a Duguth, but the Duguth costs 60 or smth like that.

@Vesku WHAT THE HELL? How????

Start with a deer pack around Eoferwick, you get your first 10k from it. Buy heavy mercs, you are good to go against theows and morths, keep killing bandits, selling prisoners and selling loot. Freeing prisoners give you a large army rather quicly. Everytime you have a bit extra buy enterprises in towns. With that character I had no lair, no wagon and no settlement by day 300, only a roaming party killing everything on my way. I had Mierce's armier beaten several times as I never took their lords prisoners, same goes for several other factions. One big battle brings you 30k easily and with all the enterprises you gain money each week. It adds up quite quickly if you have troops and party skills that enable you to keep fighting at every opportunity.

Oh my, that sounds awesome

...And here I am, sitting at day ~1200+++, having my own kingdom, almost half of Ireland conquered, but I don't even have a SINGLE enterprise/acre of land bought :S

Back
Top Bottom