Another niche mp game ruined by crybabies

Users who are viewing this thread

They did nerf blocking tho in the early stages of the game. Only more recently that mistake was rectified.

There are some weird clipping spin animation-breaks that happen in melee, which some players know how to make happen more regularly than others, but they aren't sufficient for any good players to rely on against another good player as a means of winning. Whatever you think of how the devs treat combat now, which in fairness is with more respect to what good players have to say, it is a fact that the initial iterations were based on masses of casual feedback which severely weakened the combat system. Even now, it is plagued by many changes from Warband that were made in the name of casual appeal - swing arcs being a prime example.
I agree, I don't know who they were listening to when they added block delay but they removed it since then.
Reworking kicks, adding a turn cap was a step in the right direction. Hopefully they rework other aspects of the combat system, like swing arcs and removing attack delay.
I don't think devs make combat decisions based on 'crybabies' like OP suggests. He simply needs to git gud since he's crying about not being able spam kicks and spin like a beyblade.

What do you mean? The overwhelming feedback during the initial alpha was fantastic!

*wink wink wink*

Ah, yes comrade, I simply... misspoke. Yes! Misspoke! The feedback of Bannerlord's closed testing period drew only unprecedented praise and acclaim! I declare this game will be a resounding success!

Everybody in the whole alpha were very critical of the combat. It’s improved a lot since then, but if you think anyone supported the super wide swing arcs and movement speed you’re insane.

Something was off immediately when players like myself were killing comp players like a third of the time back then.

I don't think TW listened to casuals at all; the combat system in many ways actively worsens everything a casual complained about in Warband e.g. random spinning/ballerina is far worse than Warband and the turncap far looser, feints look uglier and sillier than ever, cav and archers are more annoying. Kicks are counter-intuitive to new players and basically cheating when you figure them out vs someone who doesn't know how to use them. The only change in the direction of casuals is nerfing spam, which lowers the skill ceiling. They also barely listened to good players, only doing so late into development and even then selectively.

They just didn't whatever some random devs wanted 5-6 years ago and then slowly we've managed to argue with later devs to make minor improvements, with an overall result still being weak.

I agree, it's very common to blame "casuals" or whatever group when a sequel game is bad, and while that is sometimes the explicit reason, in the case of bannerlord almost all the decisions were made internally, ignoring player feedback except for in the abstract (i.e. "i think this will appeal to more players"). During the beta practically everyone was complaining about the gameplay, not just the 360 noswingers, but due to how chaotic the taleworlds office structure sounds, none of this feedback could be acted upon.

What is "block spamming" ? Do you mean blocking correctly?
The tactic anyone would use against someone who blocks and backs up is to rotate into the swing and hit earlier in the swing arc, but it's super punishable since you can't move in and out of range with the combat speed debuff

Everybody in the whole alpha were very critical of the combat. It’s improved a lot since then, but if you think anyone supported the super wide swing arcs and movement speed you’re insane.

Something was off immediately when players like myself were killing comp players like a third of the time back then.
Swing arcs are bad, but having a different movement speed while blocking or attacking is also bad.

Back
Top Bottom