Another niche mp game ruined by crybabies

Users who are viewing this thread

King_Bark

Banned
This game has lost its appeal by the way its been altered to appeal to casuals who couldn't accept that going naked and feint spamming with a greatsword is the way that the game is best enjoyed.

The huge swing arc which was intended to make hitting your opponent easier led to even more effective spins, led to a turn cap that further limits what you can do.

The narrow window for canceling an attack, plus the slow "combat speed" when holding a block or attack, the relative ease of blocking, and the delay when changing movement direction has made it so the best way to play is to back up and block while waiting for your opponent to make a mistake.

The overpowered archer and cav classes have led to spam and abuse by new players who give up trying to melee.

Feints, footwork and spinning is now considered a troll tactic, and kiting and block spamming is skillful, whereas in warband it was the opposite.

Yet another niche multiplayer game ruined by trying to appeal to people who complain about being outplayed, and demand that the tactics used against them be removed instead of trying to replicate them or accepting that they don't like the game and moving on. Now that the reddit people have gotten what they thought they wanted the game is dying, because all of the limitations they've placed on good players have made the game worse. Appeal to the niche audience who appreciates m&b multiplayer for what it is, or appeal to no one and have a dead game.

Another example of this is the insurgency franchise. People who wanted to corner camp and kill people with better reflexes and movement complained until the devs nerfed explosives and hip fire and added a suppressed assault rifle that's better than any other gun in the game and is excellent for camping, they made armor op as well and now the initial appeal of the first game, which was fast paced hard-core fps with short time to kill, is totally gone.

My man, this is probably the last game where someone knows what the game studio was doing.

I don't know how you can say they try to appeal to casuals when they have skirmish and captain
I don't know how you can say they try to appeal to pro's when they tried to remove deaths and add crushthrough on all 2hs

The reality is that no one knows what taleworlds was doing.

My man, this is probably the last game where someone knows what the game studio was doing.

I don't know how you can say they try to appeal to casuals when they have skirmish and captain
I don't know how you can say they try to appeal to pro's when they tried to remove deaths and add crushthrough on all 2hs

The reality is that no one knows what taleworlds was doing.
Is this post ironic? I'm not even going to address what you said because you're probably just being disingenuous. Sorry if I flamed you, but I couldn't think of a way to say what I meant without offending someone.

Are you the same Bark that ruined the fun MP battle game last night and had to be told by the server mod to play nice?

Is this post ironic? I'm not even going to address what you said because you're probably just being disingenuous. Sorry if I flamed you, but I couldn't think of a way to say what I meant without offending someone.
Why would that be disingenuous? Been around for long enough to know that whatever casuals you're talking about don't exist on the forums. All the casual things TW is putting is them putting it alone, nothing to do with any of the players I know of. The two examples i mentioned about deaths and crush on all 2h's are some of the best examples because you can not find any thread of message that even asked for it.

You might feel like taleworlds is appealing for casuals, which it does in some way, but no one actually asked for this. There really are not many crybabies wanting the game to become easier.

It's a studio issue, not playerbase.

Why would that be disingenuous? Been around for long enough to know that whatever casuals you're talking about don't exist on the forums. All the casual things TW is putting is them putting it alone, nothing to do with any of the players I know of. The two examples i mentioned about deaths and crush on all 2h's are some of the best examples because you can not find any thread of message that even asked for it.

You might feel like taleworlds is appealing for casuals, which it does in some way, but no one actually asked for this. There really are not many crybabies wanting the game to become easier.

I was reading posts on reddit from years ago. Those people were there, they whined the loudest about core game mechanics and got the game ruined and now they've left to ruin another game with their complaints.

Sounds like a skill problem
It is a skill problem. What I was doing was so effective that they had to nerf the way I play for others to not ragequit. Now if I play the game I don't bother trying to play by the numale meta, I just keep trying to play how I used to and die most of the time because it doesn't mean anything to me to be good at a game with these whack design choices.

It is a studio issue. They listened to people who created a false consensus on a heavily moderated website and they tried to meet a demand that wasn't really there, leading to what we have now.

It’s like when you first play super smash bros and they think Donkey Kong is the most OP character and then when you actually get good at the game and you realize he is ****. Same thing here, people just get killed by stuff that’s super easy to deal with but they just don’t know how to deal with it yet

It’s like when you first play super smash bros and they think Donkey Kong is the most OP character and then when you actually get good at the game and you realize he is ****. Same thing here, people just get killed by stuff that’s super easy to deal with but they just don’t know how to deal with it yet
Not true. they've been progressing more and more towards nerfing feints and footsies in favor of people who turtle up with a shield, which is not better in terms of entertainment and isn't more skillful either.

Not true. they've been progressing more and more towards nerfing feints and footsies in favor of people who turtle up with a shield, which is not better in terms of entertainment and isn't more skillful either.
They buffed feints honestly with removing block delay. If they turtle up in a shield just kick the **** out of them. Re bind kick to shift

They buffed feints honestly with removing block delay. If they turtle up in a shield just kick the **** out of them. Re bind kick to shift
Kicks don't hit against someone moving backwards. The timing and range of kicks is so they can only be used defensively. Blacking has gotten easier, but that has the opposite effect of what you said. It's easier to block against feints. A big problem for me is the chaining attack animation has been left in and it's no longer faster or more damaging than doing two separate attacks, and when you're chaining it's slow to transition into a block., but I choose to do it anywaysince it looks cool.

Last edited:
It is a studio issue. They listened to people who created a false consensus on a heavily moderated website and they tried to meet a demand that wasn't really there, leading to what we have now.
I wish for you to bring up these false consensus threads on the forums. I seriously don't know what you're talking about.

I would like to see feints further nerfed, at least the ones where you turn to pretend you are attacking, the weapon clips through the block (Because the attacker didn't release) and then for some reason in some crazy world the feinter can magically switch attack directions through your block and land an attack before you can attack.
It's absurd and unintuitive. If you're block makes physical contact with the opponent's weapon it should count as a block even if they haven't released yet. In real life it's called a beat.

Back
Top Bottom