Another niche mp game ruined by crybabies

Users who are viewing this thread

King_Bark

Recruit
I would like to see feints further nerfed, at least the ones where you turn to pretend you are attacking, the weapon clips through the block (Because the attacker didn't release) and then for some reason in some crazy world the feinter can magically switch attack directions through your block and land an attack before you can attack.
It's absurd and unintuitive. If you're block makes physical contact with the opponent's weapon it should count as a block even if they haven't released yet. In real life it's called a beat.
It's unintuitive for the person who's trying to feint on you in order to avoid trading blocks and attacks one for one for 20 minutes. They've already fixed the clipping for attacks that were initiated and canceled, and you can already do really well without using feints. You should look at what happened to mordhau when they slowed down movement, added a turn cap and nerfed fainting most people left the game. Spinning is realistic and exists in real martial arts as well.

Younes

Grandmaster Knight
WBWF&SNWVC
Not spoonfeeding you, but if you look you'll see how hostile people from singleplayer are towards m&b multiplayer. They think core game mechanics are exploits.
This isn't spoonfeeding, it's called backing up your claims lmao. Also why are you talking about singleplayer? It involves 0 footwork lmao, it's literally bots my man, they walk in a straight line towards you.

The only thing you need to know for SP is how to kite, you could learn this playing 5 minutes of full invasion.

It's unintuitive for the person who's trying to feint on you in order to avoid trading blocks and attacks one for one for 20 minutes. They've already fixed the clipping for attacks that were initiated and canceled, and you can already do really well without using feints. You should look at what happened to mordhau when they slowed down movement, added a turn cap and nerfed fainting most people left the game. Spinning is realistic and exists in real martial arts as well.

Feints going through the body isn't a good combat system.

Alkix

Recruit
I really don't have a problem with spinning by itself. It's fun and flashy, and can be effective when dealing with multiple attackers. My main complaint is that A) If you don't release your weapon can't be interacted with AND B) the person who charged their attack first can switch directions and attack faster than a person can drop a block and attack. This is mind boggling confusing if you are the defender and want to attack on the same side you are blocking.

King_Bark

Recruit
This isn't spoonfeeding, it's called backing up your claims lmao. Also why are you talking about singleplayer? It involves 0 footwork lmao, it's literally bots my man, they walk in a straight line towards you.

The only thing you need to know for SP is how to kite, you could learn this playing 5 minutes of full invasion.

Feints going through the body isn't a good combat system.
Do you have a source to back that up?
People feint by hilt spamming because the window for canceling an attack is very narrow and punishing and half the time a feint won't make the swishing noise, and they do it really close to their opponents because footwork has been nerfed. Making it so held attacks can be blocked would be addressing a problem that's only an issue because of other poor game design choices, such as having a slower movement speed while blocking and attacking, and having the window to cancel attack be short, easy to miss and different for each weapon.

Last edited:

_COS_

Recruit
Do you rely on spinning and kicks in melee? You'd easily get punished by good players with or without old kicks and turn cap lmao. Sounds like you need to git gud.
I agree that sp people are retarded but devs don't listen to them when making combat decisions. They have a group of experienced players they listen to, I think. If they listened to sp retards, they would completely remove feints and probably blocking too.

King_Bark

Recruit
Do you rely on spinning and kicks in melee? You'd easily get punished by good players with or without old kicks and turn cap lmao. Sounds like you need to git gud.
I agree that sp people are retarded but devs don't listen to them when making combat decisions. They have a group of experienced players they listen to, I think. If they listened to sp retards, they would completely remove feints and probably blocking too.
I can beat u ez

King_Bark

Recruit
Hop on duel whenever you want, spinning only works on new players.
Not true. Somebody won a duel tournament by spinning and using inverse. I've used it against players who are good and won tournaments before, it's just that it's been nerfed.

Gibby Jr

Marquis
They did nerf blocking tho in the early stages of the game. Only more recently that mistake was rectified.

There are some weird clipping spin animation-breaks that happen in melee, which some players know how to make happen more regularly than others, but they aren't sufficient for any good players to rely on against another good player as a means of winning. Whatever you think of how the devs treat combat now, which in fairness is with more respect to what good players have to say, it is a fact that the initial iterations were based on masses of casual feedback which severely weakened the combat system. Even now, it is plagued by many changes from Warband that were made in the name of casual appeal - swing arcs being a prime example.

Goyyyio

Regular
Bro I'm just having fun having Europeans throw sh*t at me everytime I get in a Skimrish with 250 ping. I swear to God, every single match I get a vote kick. Funny enough sometimes I perform better than the average Europe player. Emphasis on sometimes, because sometimes I get -80 score which results in everyone losing their sh*it and calling me an n-word (for some reason nobody notices when an 60 ping player does so). Fun times in this game, although none of this would happen if TW just gave SA a server

Goyyyio

Regular
They did nerf blocking tho in the early stages of the game. Only more recently that mistake was rectified.

There are some weird clipping spin animation-breaks that happen in melee, which some players know how to make happen more regularly than others, but they aren't sufficient for any good players to rely on against another good player as a means of winning. Whatever you think of how the devs treat combat now, which in fairness is with more respect to what good players have to say, it is a fact that the initial iterations were based on masses of casual feedback which severely weakened the combat system. Even now, it is plagued by many changes from Warband that were made in the name of casual appeal - swing arcs being a prime example.
How are swing arcs better for the casual appeal anyways? They suck in every single way

Greedalicious

Grandmaster Knight
WB
How are swing arcs better for the casual appeal anyways? They suck in every single way
Easier to get accidental kills, official servers dont have friendly fire, and you can die without expecting it so basically if you die its not necceserarly your fault.

Turnaround

Veteran
WBNWVC
"They listened to people who created a false consensus on a heavily moderated website and they tried to meet a demand that wasn't really there, leading to what we have now."
For what it's worth the people who run the reddit all played Warband multiplayer and wouldn't be influencing what people say in random threads.

Zarthas

Knight
My man, this is probably the last game where someone knows what the game studio was doing.

I don't know how you can say they try to appeal to casuals when they have skirmish and captain
I don't know how you can say they try to appeal to pro's when they tried to remove deaths and add crushthrough on all 2hs

The reality is that no one knows what taleworlds was doing.
I maintain that TW is some kind of elaborate tax scheme and sometimes accidentally hires game developers.

Hans 77

Knight
WBWF&SVC
For those that remember, Bannerlord's combat back in 2020 was painfully gimmick-based and surface level -hence why so many singleplayer bot farmers (and/or people who only played 5 hours of Warband mp before permanently ragequitting) were able to suddenly burst onto the scene and compete eye-for-eye with (and in multiple cases outperform) veteran Warband players.

Since that time, Bannerlord's combat has thankfully improved, becoming more grounded and skill-based with ever increasing tech, and while it's still a long way off from Warband, at least it's trending in the right direction. That said, the swing arcs are still brutally bad, there's still no justification for adding directional shield blocking, and the struggle to properly balance utility classes (cav and archers) continues to this day.

I think the reason it took so long for the developers to begin straightening out the combat is because for a long time they had the, uh...let's just say wrong people in their ear telling them what was good for the combat mechanics. Unfortunately, they gave this small minority of self-serving malcontents too much sway in their mp suggestions, and so for almost two full years no real progress was made.

Goyyyio

Regular
I think the reason it took so long for the developers to begin straightening out the combat is because for a long time they had the, uh...let's just say wrong people in their ear telling them what was good for the combat mechanics. Unfortunately, they gave this small minority of self-serving malcontents too much sway in their mp suggestions, and so for almost two full years no real progress was made.
For example?

Hans 77

Knight
WBWF&SVC
I cannot directly identify this group, because doing so would probably make me *disappear*.

But we ALL know who they are

Younes

Grandmaster Knight
WBWF&SNWVC
I cannot directly identify this group, because doing so would probably make me *disappear*.

But we ALL know who they are
What do you mean? The overwhelming feedback during the initial alpha was fantastic!

*wink wink wink*

Top Bottom