Resolved Another new save file. Another new save that is corrupt (Solved)

Users who are viewing this thread

This **** is not getting fixed.

1.0.1 - corrupt save file and would not load if excessive saving had been done. (Baffled thats even a thing)
Made new save on 1.0.2. Played on that until today when 1.0.3 rolled out and I quote: ''Fixed a critical issue that corrupted save files after a certain number of saves.''
Well too bad its the same thing over again. Can't load this save either now, when it's supposed to be fixed.

For clarification. Started on 1.0.2. All was fine. 1.0.3 hits. Few hours later, ta-daa, back on square one.

I'm not however gonna start a new save until this is fixed. Two 30 hours saves I'm not getting back.

Yea, that is why I am just gonna wait until they fix it so I can start playing single player again. No point even tarting a new game if I know that file will be corrupted as well.

Alright, ive played about 500 days, got a couple of towns, almost clan tier 4. And ive came across two type of crashes.

One is a very early, crash. This crash is avoidable, usually this happens early on in the game, if you go around a town and accept a mission, you can get a CTD which corrupts your game. The only way to avoid this, is to do a couple of "SAVE AS" instead of just "Save" Its avoidable. This only affects one save file. This is a type of crash, where you can load into the game, but as soon as you hit one specific date, you crash.

However, here comes the kicker.
Theres another crash, the one which OP is experieriencing, and which i just came across. So basically, when you save and then load, something happens to your save file, i dont know excatly, but it seems to grow in size, however if you save and load 45 or 55 times (varies between players), it basically corrupts your save. It doesnt matter if you remove it and take a way earlier save, if you load in to that and save again, and then load back. You crash. Which means its unavoidable. The patch, only fixed one load in, basically it uncorrupted your save, however if you did one more save and load, it corrupts it again. Keep in mind this is a ticking timebomb, as soon as you hit that threshold, it corrupts your save file.

So my guide, is if you have a lot of save and loads, and you are well into the campaign, stop now and wait. It doesnt matter if you save as, if you do a total of 45 or 55 save and loads, it corrupts your save. Even if it was completely clean. This ****ing atrocious by taleworlds, ever since Warband you have had problems with corrupted save files, and you still ****ing have it.

Did no one QA this? I mean this is a problem that practically breaks your game and campaign, that has reached a huge portion of your playerbase, and its genuinely kicking me down as a motivated player.

Alright, ive played about 500 days, got a couple of towns, almost clan tier 4. And ive came across two type of crashes.

One is a very early, crash. This crash is avoidable, usually this happens early on in the game, if you go around a town and accept a mission, you can get a CTD which corrupts your game. The only way to avoid this, is to do a couple of "SAVE AS" instead of just "Save" Its avoidable. This only affects one save file. This is a type of crash, where you can load into the game, but as soon as you hit one specific date, you crash.

However, here comes the kicker.
Theres another crash, the one which OP is experieriencing, and which i just came across. So basically, when you save and then load, something happens to your save file, i dont know excatly, but it seems to grow in size, however if you save and load 45 or 55 times (varies between players), it basically corrupts your save. It doesnt matter if you remove it and take a way earlier save, if you load in to that and save again, and then load back. You crash. Which means its unavoidable. The patch, only fixed one load in, basically it uncorrupted your save, however if you did one more save and load, it corrupts it again. Keep in mind this is a ticking timebomb, as soon as you hit that threshold, it corrupts your save file.

So my guide, is if you have a lot of save and loads, and you are well into the campaign, stop now and wait. It doesnt matter if you save as, if you do a total of 45 or 55 save and loads, it corrupts your save. Even if it was completely clean. This ****ing atrocious by taleworlds, ever since Warband you have had problems with corrupted save files, and you still ****ing have it.

Did no one QA this? I mean this is a problem that practically breaks your game and campaign, that has reached a huge portion of your playerbase, and its genuinely kicking me down as a motivated player.

Hello, yes and thank you.

I just hope the devs can fix this, and more permanently.

I have also just now experienced my first save file corrupting crash with v1.0.3. Both autosave and normal save files can't open when loading from the start screen. (Application Crash: The application faced a problem. We need to collect necessary files to fix this problem. Would you like to upload these files now?) then it crashes when trying to upload the crash files.

I have also just now experienced my first save file corrupting crash with v1.0.3. Both autosave and normal save files can't open when loading from the start screen. (Application Crash: The application faced a problem. We need to collect necessary files to fix this problem. Would you like to upload these files now?) then it crashes when trying to upload the crash files.

Welcome to the club, take a seat and enjoy the wait. I wanna ****ing k i l l meself. ?

Same problem here. These things are not right, half the world is locked up in his house, we have nothing else to do apart from playing Bannerlord, we cannot wait !! XD

Back
Top Bottom