Another New Book: "Written In Blood"

Users who are viewing this thread

Good news, everyone! My new column for Xenagia.net, THIRD PERSON PERSPECTIVE, is now live! This will be a bi-weekly look into fiction and all the things surrounding it, including publishing and the writing industry.

Check out http://www.xenagia.net/columns/list-column.phtml?colname=thirdpersonperspective for the introduction and first article, Vanity Vs. Self.

Dreadedly,
Winter

Right, here is something you all should know about, so pay attention:

STREET: Clairvoyance is out! The print paperback edition has been released and is ready to buy at fine stores everywhere.

It's the full second volume in my explosive trilogy of intrigue, action and insanity, so if you haven't started reading STREET yet, now would be a great time and the paperbacks are a great way of catching up.

Check out our Ordering page for more info on where to get it.

If you're interested in buying both volumes, I can tell you that the Empathy paperback will soon be lowering in price to match Clairvoyance. We're also giving out vouchers for free Smashwords copies of Empathy, which you can find here. The voucher code is LU64N .

In short, this is an awesome story and belongs on your bookshelf. Do something about it!

Regards,
Ryan

Winter said:
Right, here is something you all should know about, so pay attention:

STREET: Clairvoyance is out! The print paperback edition has been released and is ready to buy at fine stores everywhere.

It's the full second volume in my explosive trilogy of intrigue, action and insanity, so if you haven't started reading STREET yet, now would be a great time and the paperbacks are a great way of catching up.

Check out our Ordering page for more info on where to get it.

If you're interested in buying both volumes, I can tell you that the Empathy paperback will soon be lowering in price to match Clairvoyance. We're also giving out vouchers for free Smashwords copies of Empathy, which you can find here. The voucher code is LU64N .

In short, this is an awesome story and belongs on your bookshelf. Do something about it!

Regards,
Ryan

Link doesn't work.  :???:

Link definitely works, we just had some goings-on with the website getting a server move. Any outages were and are very temporary.

Emphatically,
Winter

ETA is next year. If everything goes well, I expect it could be done somewhere around July, because novels are a lot of goddamn work.

On the plus side, this is gonna be the LAST ONE for STREET. I'll finally be done and I can start doing projects with half a chance of mainstream success again. :razz:

Laboriously,
Winter

First post is updated with a brand new book! Fantasy, swords, intrigue and murder. Copypasta:

"I don't post here much anymore, but some of you may remember me as that guy who used to write for M&B and made some story-based mods that were popular back in the day.

I've been writing novels and other games for a while now, and I wanted to let people know about my latest book, The Impostor Prince, an action-packed medieval fantasy with some lovely historical swordfights, which just came out and is getting a great response. You can find out more about it on the TIP page on my website: http://streetofeyes.com/wp/archives/1125

If you're a fan of M&B, you should in no way miss this one."

ejnomad said:
Awesome! Good to see you around again if only for one post.  :razz:
Thanks, man. I wish I still had ten tons of time to kill on internet forums, but I'm doing this writing/designing gig full-time now and that's what my life is. Not that I'm complaining. It's exactly where I wanted to be when I first started hanging out here 10 years ago; making my own games, calling the shots for a whole team. It ****ing rocks.

Besides, the place has moved on without me. I'm sure people have stepped up to fill the grumpiness vacuum. There's other, younger men who can still afford to work for free. I just hope people here will check out my new stuff and appreciate it the same way my old mods were.

Amazingly, I've got another new fantasy novel coming out later this year! Here's a cover preview.

http://streetofeyes.com/files/WIBcover.png
WIBcoverSmall.jpg

Winter said:
ejnomad said:
Thanks, man. I wish I still had ten tons of time to kill on internet forums, but I'm doing this writing/designing gig full-time now and that's what my life is. Not that I'm complaining. It's exactly where I wanted to be when I first started hanging out here 10 years ago; making my own games, calling the shots for a whole team. It ****ing rocks.

Besides, the place has moved on without me. I'm sure people have stepped up to fill the grumpiness vacuum. There's other, younger men who can still afford to work for free. I just hope people here will check out my new stuff and appreciate it the same way my old mods were.

Some of the old guard are still around. I miss the hell out of Storymod. I have ridiculously fond memories of playing it.

Happy things are going well for you! I haven't picked up any of your books, because I mostly listen to audiobooks these days. I'll get off my ass at some point here, since I'm a big fan of fantasy and I've been looking for new authors.  :smile:

Llew said:
Winter said:
ejnomad said:

Some of the old guard are still around. I miss the hell out of Storymod. I have ridiculously fond memories of playing it.

Happy things are going well for you! I haven't picked up any of your books, because I mostly listen to audiobooks these. I'll get off my ass at some point here, since I'm a big fan of fantasy and I've been looking for new authors.  :smile:

Ha, now there's someone else I remember! Good to see you, mate. At least you can find my writing in other games now? In fact, nobody knows this yet, but I'm planning to let the TW forum in on a pre-release beta test of my upcoming Lovecraftian VR horror game Euclidean. Like, tonight. Unless circumstances conspire against us. In which case it'll be tomorrow. I'm creative director for the whole project so stakes are high. :razz:

Oh, I know all about the trend towards audiobooks. In fact, the audiobook version of Impostor Prince is being recorded as we speak! That'll probably be out around October. It's not a short book so it takes some doing. Got a great narrator for it, though. An audio version of Written in Blood will be probably early next year. That one's quite a bit fatter than TIP.

So yeah, keep your ears peeled. It'll be worth it. Everyone who's bothered to leave a rating or comment has really liked Impostor Prince so far.

[EDIT] http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,337768.0.html

Hullo chaps. Written In Blood is now finished with its first editing pass, which means it's time for beta readers to tear through it and tell me what's good and what's less good. Anyone interested in checking out an awesome, gritty fantasy adventure before it's published, for the low low price of some feedback at a decent turnaround time, post below or send me a PM. Anyone who delivers will get an acknowledgement in the published version.

For a shiny preview of the cover, see a couple of posts above.

Back
Top Bottom