Another New Book: "Written In Blood"

Users who are viewing this thread

Winter

Master Knight
A mere six months after the last one, I'm back with another book! This one is another medieval fantasy with swords and wars and a tantalising hint of magic. It's also a standalone novel that's not part of any series. If that sounds good, well, it should!

Check it out at the Written In Blood page on my website: http://streetofeyes.com/wp/archives/1237

And if that wasn't enough, I've got another project entering the final stages -- a visual novel game I'm writing with a whole team of artists, composers and sound designers. It's a strategy/visual novel hybrid kind-of like The Banner Saga, with a ton of hand-drawn art, custom music and retro sci-fi style. It's called The Next World. We've got a store page set up on Steam with screenshots and an official trailer: http://store.steampowered.com//app/427860

That one should be out late this month.

I haven't said this enough, but I'm super grateful for all the support you guys have given me in doing this stuff, playing or reading, posting reviews, and sharing the word around. This forum is where I started out a decade ago. My goal has always been to try to entertain people with my stories. It means a lot that you're still on board for the ride, old friends and new ones alike.

Old post about The Impostor Prince:
I don't post here much anymore, but some of you may remember me as that guy who used to write for M&B and made some story-based mods that were popular back in the day.

I've been writing novels and other games for a while now, and I wanted to let people know about my latest book, The Impostor Prince, an action-packed medieval fantasy with some lovely historical swordfights, which just came out and is getting a great response. You can find out more about it on the TIP page on my website: http://streetofeyes.com/wp/archives/1125

If you're a fan of M&B, you should in no way miss this one.

I've read some of it and looked at the concept art, but when she talks about her Mk5, I can only think of the MK 23;

mk23lamsd1.jpg

Odd

But good writing anyhow. Ignore my random thought.  :wink:

Buxton said:
I've read some of it and looked at the concept art, but when she talks about her Mk5, I can only think of the MK 23;

mk23lamsd1.jpg

Odd

But good writing anyhow. Ignore my random thought.  :wink:

We have a model of the Mk5 on the website, you know. :razz:

Although you're of course welcome to imagine it differently.

Ferrously,
Winter

I've started reading. Only a few lines so far. I'll do acouple of pages then start my coursework.

Archonsod said:
I'm worried my employer may notice a leap in productivity when I finally stop reading the website ....

don't read teh internetz! buy teh b00k!  :mrgreen:

Merlkir said:
don't read teh internetz! buy teh b00k!   :mrgreen:

He doesn't need to, he won the damned book.

Which makes me wonder why he's reading the site, sounds suspicious to me . . . *squints at Archonsod*

Mistrustfully,
Winter

MrCrotch said:
How did he win? Was it a suck up contest?
Check the thread released in off-topic about it. 

Winter, I hate to tell you, but a new epee and foil are priority purchases over your book, sorry.  I kind of need them for a tournament coming up.  :wink:  Next paycheck, though, has Street earmarked. 

Knight of Cydonia said:
I may buy a copy at some point...
but having read it all online for free, I doubt I will.

Well, given how the point of it is to let people read it whichever way they want, I don't see that as a bad point.

You might reconsider when the whole series is out.

Forcefully,
Winter

Copied from the main streetofeyes.com page:

Empathy doing well on Kindle

At this moment in time, Street: Empathy is ranked at #3450 in total sales on the Amazon Kindle. Even better, it's now ranking #11 on the bestseller list in Technothrillers and #13 on High Tech. I'm really thrilled at seeing Empathy ranked right next to the likes of Gibson, Morgan and Stephenson, and it shows that this story can compete with the best the big publishers have to offer!

Regards,
Ryan

I think the Kindle and other electronic reading devices are going to be a new wave of the future, simply because of the convenience of being able to carry hundreds of books with you and to read any of them comfortably wherever you like. I don't think they'll ever replace print books entirely, but things like this with Empathy shows the growing power of the electronic format over print.

Upbeatly,
Winter

I know I read and commented on the first chapter or two of Street, but I haven't checked back in recently. But I might buy it in the near future; you never know. Congratulations on getting it published, Ryan!

1st Customer review! :smile:

Benjamin Delaroche:

I've been looking for a good Cyberpunk book to add to my collection when the cover caught my eye, and continues to be caught by the excellent style of the writer.
A great book for anyones collection and a author to look out for in the future.
Totally satisfied.

yaaay! :smile:  (Winter, is that your alter ego?  :mrgreen:)

Winter said:
I think the Kindle and other electronic reading devices are going to be a new wave of the future, simply because of the convenience of being able to carry hundreds of books with you and to read any of them comfortably wherever you like.

If they ever actually get a format which works perhaps. The Reg doesn't seem to think much of the Kindle itself. It's somewhat fitting that Street is doing well on an electronic format though :lol:

Archonsod said:
If they ever actually get a format which works perhaps. The Reg doesn't seem to think much of the Kindle itself. It's somewhat fitting that Street is doing well on an electronic format though :lol:

I'm not keen on it myself, but if a ****ty product does well in the market, then better products will surely follow. Eventually. :razz:

Merlkir said:
1st Customer review! :smile:

Benjamin Delaroche:

I've been looking for a good Cyberpunk book to add to my collection when the cover caught my eye, and continues to be caught by the excellent style of the writer.
A great book for anyones collection and a author to look out for in the future.
Totally satisfied.

yaaay! :smile:   (Winter, is that your alter ego?  :mrgreen:)

I did not, in fact, post that review. Nor did I ask someone to post it. The guy did it all on his own without any input from me, and I for one appreciate his fair and balanced review. :wink:

Zalson said:
I know I read and commented on the first chapter or two of Street, but I haven't checked back in recently. But I might buy it in the near future; you never know. Congratulations on getting it published, Ryan!

Thanks, man! I assure you that Empathy is worth every penny, and it's certainly not expensive by market standards. Some of those pennies will even find their way back to me! I highly recommend buying it as the print book is nicely laid out, nicely printed, and is a lot easier on the eyes than a computer screen. Plus, it's a really good story.

Another little factoid of how the announcement and release of Empathy has changed Street's profile: the legitimate traffic on streetofeyes.com from January 2008 to May is now half again as much as for the entire year of 2007.

I'm pretty chuffed with that.

Smugly,
Winter

Back
Top Bottom