Another good set of modders (non-M&B) to correspond with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Beastro

Regular
Hi, I'm just getting back into M&B after a few months absence and noticed your mod series and thought that a good source of information on the age your dealing with would be the modders and info gathers of the Empire Total War mod The Rights of Man.

I've yet to play your mod but thought it they might be a good place to get extra info on the age.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1186

They're a good source for information on the early 18th Century, Tomsin in particular has a deep knowledge of the Russian Army of the age.

I look forward to trying out you guys' Beta release. :smile:

Edit: I've seen in a thread that your trying to find unique units to add to several faction trees, the guys at TROM can help you out with that big time.

As mentioned before, Tomsin can really help you out with filling up the Russian tree.

The problem is, frankly, we are limited in Factions due to no module system (Bjorne lost his.). Of course, the next version would be much better. I, as a add-on maker, cannot model, so I'm limited in that as well.

That sucks. :sad:

TROM is just a team of two guys, one a modeler, the other does the balancing and stat management for the gameplay, the rest of us are beta testers that put in their 2 cents of historical information for them to try out.

Anyway I just decided to link them to you guys in case you ever needed some help with certain information on the age you guys can work with. TROMs foundation is based on making ETW realistic so I don't think your two philosophies can mesh all that much more beyond information.

I do play ETW sometimes, and I'm currently waiting for Empire to become a little more stable before I download any mods.

Anyway, the team (which consists of a motley group of about 5-9) is working on about 4 Projects for AoB. Bjorne, as the founder is pretty much working on everything, SovietSoldier is pretty much doing the same, Antifiriz, Dibujante, Tiberius and Me are working on 1716, Tavener was/is working on Scandinavia. Also some of us have other responsibilities regarding mods, as Tiberius is trying to finish EATRC Chapter III after D'Sparil retired, I'm an EATRC moderator and add-on maker, Dibujante is rarely active I think, Antifiriz was working on some Turkish mod and Tiberius and I are in an RP. Anyway, I'd think we should get a stable version before we actually get historical accuracy. The stability of RoR is REALLY bad, and I hope it gets remade.

I do play ETW sometimes, and I'm currently waiting for Empire to become a little more stable before I download any mods.

If you ever do try an ETW mod out, try TROM. It's philosophy is based around realism but not to the detriment of gameplay.

Unlike other ETW mods it's more system req friendly since it's focus is on quality and not quantity (for example DarkMod with army battles having 10,000 or more soldier on the battlefield at once). and thus hasn't grown much from the base game, just fine tuned it more.

Venitius said:
The stability of RoR is REALLY bad, and I hope it gets remade.
I am actually thinking of completely leave ROR. For some strange reason everything went wrong... I donno about this. But. Ya. Maybe remaking it from the start could be a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom