Version number
e1.5.7.
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

SellSword

Recruit
When the new patch rolled out for rebellions a few new bugs came out this is one of them. Was at war with aserai and vlandia at the same time with empire culture for my MC, and what happened is Sturgia owned lageta BUT I was not at war with them. I noticed that vlandia was sieging and took the town however funnily enough sturgia encountered the vlandian army before they could put any TROOPS into the garrison of the town. This caused me to be able to snatch up a city extremely easy HOWEVER, the town was already at LOW LOYALTY and since it was being SIEGED by VLANDIA the loyalty was in rebellion levels low with the RED HOUSE ICON appearing. This caused me to be UNABLE to SIEGE the CITY most likely due to the fact that it was about to SECEDE from the main faction but currently was not a SEPERATE REBELLION. When I went to SEND TROOPS, ATTACK, I was prompted with you have ENCOUNTERED LAGETA with the options to SEND TROOPS ATTACK or Continue SIEGE, ALL OF THESE OPTIONS ARE UNUSEABLE and will not let me SIEGE.I am assuming this has to do with REBELLION mechanic, because I would most likely NOT fight REBELS since it is technically not my CITY at the moment.

This has also just happened to me with send troops onto a enemy faction that was raiding a village I went to send troops to defend a village and the game would not let me fast forward or anything it let me click retreat though which prompted my immediate surrender even though I easily outnumbered them. I am going to take a break from this game for now hopefully it gets more fleshed out but this bug will kill off a lot of enjoyment from the game.

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:

C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier.
Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

When the new patch rolled out for rebellions a few new bugs came out this is one of them. Was at war with aserai and vlandia at the same time with empire culture for my MC, and what happened is Sturgia owned lageta BUT I was not at war with them. I noticed that vlandia was sieging and took the town however funnily enough sturgia encountered the vlandian army before they could put any TROOPS into the garrison of the town. This caused me to be able to snatch up a city extremely easy HOWEVER, the town was already at LOW LOYALTY and since it was being SIEGED by VLANDIA the loyalty was in rebellion levels low with the RED HOUSE ICON appearing. This caused me to be UNABLE to SIEGE the CITY most likely due to the fact that it was about to SECEDE from the main faction but currently was not a SEPERATE REBELLION. When I went to SEND TROOPS, ATTACK, I was prompted with you have ENCOUNTERED LAGETA with the options to SEND TROOPS ATTACK or Continue SIEGE, ALL OF THESE OPTIONS ARE UNUSEABLE and will not let me SIEGE.I am assuming this has to do with REBELLION mechanic, because I would most likely NOT fight REBELS since it is technically not my CITY at the moment.

This has also just happened to me with send troops onto a enemy faction that was raiding a village I went to send troops to defend a village and the game would not let me fast forward or anything it let me click retreat though which prompted my immediate surrender even though I easily outnumbered them. I am going to take a break from this game for now hopefully it gets more fleshed out but this bug will kill off a lot of enjoyment from the game.
Thank you @SellSword for reporting this. To help find and fix the bug I need some more specific answers regarding the situation.
Can you please confirm whether what I understand about your situation is correct?

0. You are in an Empire cultured kingdom (Is this your own kingdom or one of the original Empire factions?)
1. You are at war with Vlandia and Aserai
2. Lageta was initally owned by Stugia
3. Vlandia besieged Lageta and captured it.
4. A Sturgian army attacked to the Vlandian army and prohibited them from putting garrisons in Lageta
5. Lageta was weak in terms of loyalty but under Vlandian control.
6. You attacked Lageta but you could not lay siege on it. Instead, you were prompted with a "Send troops to attack" or "continue siege" but were unable to press any of them.

If you can just say correct or not correct(and explain why it is not correct) to each statement it would really help with the debugging process.

Few extra questions:
  • Were your health above 20%?(i.e. you are able to participate in combat)
  • Did the rebellion already occur from your understanding? (i.e. the flag is in reverse color)
Again thank you for your report and hope to hear from you about the bug.

Thank you @SellSword for reporting this. To help find and fix the bug I need some more specific answers regarding the situation.
Can you please confirm whether what I understand about your situation is correct?

0. You are in an Empire cultured kingdom (Is this your own kingdom or one of the original Empire factions?)
Currently in the southern empire and my culture is empire

1. You are at war with Vlandia and Aserai

In my other save I was but this problem happened in my current game where I am currently at war with just vlandia

2. Lageta was initally owned by Stugia

Yes after conquering from western empire

3. Vlandia besieged Lageta and captured it.
Yes
4. A Sturgian army attacked to the Vlandian army and prohibited them from putting garrisons in Lageta
Yes
5. Lageta was weak in terms of loyalty but under Vlandian control.

Yes because of how weird the rebellion system worked it showed only the units that were in the garrison which is 0 but when you go to attack all of a sudden it will show the militia of lageta as well in which it prompted and said you have encountered lageta forces.

6. You attacked Lageta but you could not lay siege on it. Instead, you were prompted with a "Send troops to attack" or "continue siege" but were unable to press any of them.

Yes this is exactly what happened I went to besiege castle and when it was done preparing for siege I was given those options and could not click on any of them.

If you can just say correct or not correct(and explain why it is not correct) to each statement it would really help with the debugging process.

Few extra questions:
  • Were your health above 20%?(i.e. you are able to participate in combat)

• Yes I was 100% health

• Did the rebellion already occur from your understanding? (i.e. the flag is in reverse color)

• The rebellion did not occur it was in the Red house icon
Again thank you for your report and hope to hear from you about the bug.

I will upload a save with the link posted above or post here my current issue in the game is I tried protecting a village that was being raided by a vlandian and would not let me fast forward the simulated battle and the battle was not happening in the simulation either, it allowed me to retreat in which I was instantly captured.

I uploaded the save file if you want to test it out you could probably just look for a village being raided and just defend the village with lower numbers so the ai doesn't move

Last edited:
In the save file we got, Lageta was not under siege. Do you have a save file that is just before Lageta siege started?
Also, it would be great if you can capture a video to show what is wrong more clearly.

Back
Top Bottom