Another definitive poll?:Do you like bannerlord?

Do you like the game as it is?

• Yes

Votes: 64 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 72 52.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Gandamula

Sergeant at Arms
A simple question, no but, to define the general feeling of fans of the game. Be honest, don't say that you've discovered that you don't like the game after two hundred hours of gameplay , nor that you like it if you don't.
Try to set aside your expectations and stick to only what exists.

Last edited:
It is so hard to answer this question with just yes or no. I enjoy it while playing battles and even sieges(using RBM btw). Graphics is not relevant to me but I think they are okay. The hard part is being a vassal or a king. There is almost nothing to do in the game other than fighting when you become one of those. It is so hard to set aside expectations, I was hoping there would be improvements of roleplaying on being a vassal and a king. I am more inclined to say no since my only enjoyments in game battles and trade and battles get so repetitive that it starts to bore you. Right now, I spend 400 hours in the game and I am sure I will spend more. Then, why I am sayin no? Because M&B is unique and there is no other game that makes feel in the way of a M&B game while playing it. If there was game like this, If it would offer more diplomacy more roleplaying, I would not spend any other second on Bannerlord.

you should clarify in the poll that you're asking about vanilla or not. i considered you asking about it.

In its current form I do not like it and would not recommend it to my friends.

you should clarify in the poll that you're asking about vanilla or not. i considered you asking about it.
I mean, even when thinking about warband nobody is thinking about strictly the vanilla experience, realistically. Quite the opposite...

But yeah, I like Bannerlord vanilla. Still needs fixes (sieges) and some additions but I played it a bunch and enjoyed it

I considered your question as "Do you like vanilla Bannerlord 1.6.0" and I selected Yes.
It is already a good game, with a huge potential.

don't say that you've discovered that you don't like the game after two hundred hours of gameplay
listen, you might not understand this but "playing a bad game" is not an unreasonable act

First of all, you have to experience a bad thing to realize what is good and vice versa, there has to be a comparison so you could judge it justly if one is better or worst than the other, thus you can say one is good and the other is bad. Utopia doesn't exist, there is bad game everywhere, "good game" is disappointingly ultra-minority, but lucky we human as a Intelligent creature, we learn from what failed and what worked, and use this experience to creat a better product. Baumkuchen is my favorite dessert, but If i can only have it for the rest of my life, i probably can no longer tells you why i liked it. So is a game, if you only play a "good game", you will never understand what is bad, and can not make any kind of improvement, and for you, every single game will be equally "bad".

Secondly, you have to do a in-depth analysis to really see if a game is good or not, and obviously it take times, a lot of times. We are not IGN, we didn't get paid to pump 100 reviews and critics out within 3 days after the game release. People who played bannerlord 200 hours could obviously analize it better than the one with 20 hours, and M&B is definitely not a game you can learn how it works completely with only 20 hours. If people didn't play it long enough, they won't see how bad spear is and the affect of it on the combat system, how the eco system failed catastrophically at the late game, or the top tier troops getting slaughtered easily, and the list go on.

A simple question

And back to your question, my answer is no because of how bad spear is in this game. Bannerlord as a human-input-contolled battle/combat sim, everything or mechanics drifted apart from real world give unpleasant experience for people whom understand it. It don't have to be complete realism but overhead slam fiesta in SP is too much for me and Star wars light saber left click swing attack spamming party in MP is not my tea either.

you should clarify in the poll that you're asking about vanilla or not.
Reviews should not based on a modifiled game, just like how we review cars, we don't give review to a car based on a tuned version of it, if you think a game is good because all the modifications you have collected which is created by third party, than it is not the game but the mods you have are "good"

Last edited:
of course I do, I wouldn't be here wasting my time interacting with something optional if I hated it

it just need some more work and love before I can say to my friends or discord group it is the must have game, right now it is an okay game with great idea and potential.

Reviews should not based on a modifiled game
i kind of agree but disagree.
for "official" reviews, yes. for "unofficial" ones, no.
if a game is super modifiable or have many mods available, that's a plus, no?
similar to cars if they have available aftermarket modified parts or no. or selling huge numbers yearly so the potential aftermarket parts is high. or if the car is easy to modify/work on is a plus.

I am surprised by the results, had to do a double-take. However I also changed my view from negative to positive. Taking an extensive break from the game itself gave good insight & perspective into the progress that had been made thus far.
So I voted Yes, the new additions will definetly keep me engaged for another full playthrough.

For mp I'll say no, mp has no love, for the time being (hopefully is all we can say). Sp, it's a no, because the game still needs a lot of work, such as fixing bugs, crashes, balancing etc. The other side of sp is that it needs more content, more rpg elements and I don't want bannerlord to just to rely on mods to improve the game. Now don't get more wrong, I love mods, but to make native a better game with mods is disappointing.

No. The game doesn't have much going for it other than endless repetitive fighting. The world feels empty and the NPC Lords you can interact with feel like cardboard cut-outs. I've ranted about the singleplayer more than enough so I'm not gonna do it again but I will say that it feels as though a majority of people singing the game's praises really haven't spent any time on any of the pervious Mount & Blade games.
Is Bannerlord a good game? Sure
Is Bannerlord a good Mount&Blade game? No
At this point only mods can save it

The question is whether you like the game, however you play it, for me mods are an integral part of any game, when they exist, I don't even see the difference.

Doesn't matter what people say, the poll should be just whether or not you play the game.
People can whine a lot, but I bet a large majority of them still play and enjoy it, it's just that it still doesn't fit their full expectations.
So my honest answer would be yes, I like it, evident by a couple hundred hours spent playing it. And yet I hope and expect it to become much better, because the game has so much potential.

Is Bannerlord a good game? Sure
Is Bannerlord a good Mount&Blade game? No
it's just that it still doesn't fit their full expectations.

You guys are correct, dislike or hate is come from love, some peoples here like me "dislike" the game because it isn't what we would "love" to see, which is a significantly better and improved title of M&B series as it should be. This is the reason why there are so many complain threads here, If people really turly hated this game to the gut they or I would not have been here but just forget about it.

If "Bannerlord" came from some random unknow indie studio like "taleworlds" undoubtedly it would be loved more than where we at right now
But "Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord"? I think most of us could agree on where the problem start at.

I voted No as I still don't see any incentives to play after a few monts of EA playing around 250 hours.

However my decision can change in the future if they keep adding more immersion to the game. The last patch was a solid one.

i like the game but i stop playing after i have tried out the updates since always more work to be done i won't start playing continually until they fix the big issues like sieges and diplomacy all the general annoyances

Back
Top Bottom