Annoying Siege problem

Users who are viewing this thread

very simple question... for god sake how to take enemy city or a castle?
I tried ten times to take the city and always the same thing happens, my soldiers one by one climb by ladders and can not ever get to the wall.
it is impossible to ever have to fight right soldiers normally can not penetrate to the wall enemy kills them one by one.
What is the purpose to guide people in an attack on enemy cities if every time the same thing happens. I can not make more ladders ,Siege tower. How do you take cities?

21amrrq.png

5flxq9.png

She is right, actually; though leading the attack can be suicidal, under the right conditions it can be, if done properly, the key to success.  Do not try to kill everyone at the top of the ladder by yourself, however.

taking the enemy castle or city is extremely easy. It is just a matter of how many archers/ ranged unit enemies have.

In the party screen place all archers at the top of the tree, that will guarantee their presence in the battle.
( not all your unit show up depending on your battle size )

Assemble about at least 40- 50+ archers then simply hold position ( only archers )  when the battle begins.
Place infantry elsewhere.

You can place archer in front of infantry if you want to save your valuable high-tiered infantry unit or
You can place infantry in front of archer if you want to save your archers.

Or

You can hold position on archers and let infantry charge. This will significantly increase the infantry's casualties
( depending on the unit though ) but your archer will have a better chance to attack enemy as enemies will
be vulnerable to arrows as they attack your infantry.

Don't forget to use siege crossbow to take out the enemy archers yourself. Your archers will attack all units
but they won't just snipe out enemy archers. You gotta kill the sneaky one yourself. Crossbow in M&b is 
much more accurate than bow ( once you get about 150 -200 proficiencies and 3-4 draw I believe ) and you just have to worry about law of gravity when aiming the enemy archers.

These method work in every game / most mods ( mod which is not strayed too far from M&B ).

The Mercenary said:
Be the first one up the ladder.
This is true - if you wear decent armor and bring a shield, standing at the top of the ladder is pretty harmless - the defenders are so mooshed together around you that they can't get a proper swing going. Then, you just tell your men to hold position at the top of the ladder, and wait for them to arrive. Overhead swings are the key to success in killing the nearest men.

You're English in the HYW, so try this:

Bring a heck of a lot of Longbowmen (the fully upgraded type) and a small core of Billmen and Sergeants as a siege. Walk up to the castle, hit hold position and let your archers fire at will. Add your own shooting to it to pick off their bowmen. You will soon shoot down their bowmen and yours will start sniping the French on the walls.

If you want to just charge, try using Billmen to crash the ladder, as they have the best range and a good punch.

Seff said:
This is true - if you wear decent armor and bring a shield, standing at the top of the ladder is pretty harmless - the defenders are so mooshed together around you that they can't get a proper swing going. Then, you just tell your men to hold position at the top of the ladder, and wait for them to arrive. Overhead swings are the key to success in killing the nearest men.

That sounds like suicide to me, but I have had some success with jumping over the bad guys on top and leaping off of the wall, then running up the stairs and engaging the enemy from behind.

Benny Moore said:
Seff said:

That sounds like suicide to me, but I have had some success with jumping over the bad guys on top and leaping off of the wall, then running up the stairs and engaging the enemy from behind.

Nah. It's quite easy if you have 3 heavily reinforced and high hit point shields plus a good longsword.

I meant that standing at the top of the ladder invariably ends with me being punctured by half a dozen arrows from the sides, and my subsequent defeat.  If there are no archers (which is very rare), usually someone with a long polearm will smack me from behind the guy I am cutting up.  When there are six points coming at me, unsynchronized, there is no way for me to get a blow in.

I managed to win the Paris Yeah! It was Bloody ... I killed the most enemy with bow. I attack 7 times, after every attack I had to wait my health to recover and then i can attack again. Morale was low and just waiting i lost 30 soldiers and suffered attacks from the side. It was difficult.
King refused to give me Paris, after that I became a rebel English. Soon after that I suffered two major attacks from France and the third time they attacked me with 500 soldiers and then I lost Paris. Game Over :lol:

Xelvod said:
I managed to win the Paris Yeah! It was Bloody ... I killed the most enemy with bow. I attack 7 times, after every attack I had to wait my health to recover and then i can attack again. Morale was low and just waiting i lost 30 soldiers and suffered attacks from the side. It was difficult.
King refused to give me Paris, after that I became a rebel English. Soon after that I suffered two major attacks from France and the third time they attacked me with 500 soldiers and then I lost Paris. Game Over :lol:

Good job. I suggest filling up only on English Longbowmen. Those guys are scary if you use them right. Especially in sieges - if you have enough of them, they'll mow down almost every attacker.
Benny Moore said:
I meant that standing at the top of the ladder invariably ends with me being punctured by half a dozen arrows from the sides, and my subsequent defeat.  If there are no archers (which is very rare), usually someone with a long polearm will smack me from behind the guy I am cutting up.  When there are six points coming at me, unsynchronized, there is no way for me to get a blow in.

Well, If you're careful, you'll catch the arrows on your shield and be able to force your way off the battlement, into the midst of the defenders.

well if your desperate, and think you can handle two Chevalier de la France and you have hours on your hand, turn battle size to two, you will have a random person with you against two random French units...for 150 rounds...roughly...that is if  a lord isn't in the city and their garrison is exactly 300

Back
Top Bottom