SP - General Annoying battles in the forest

Users who are viewing this thread

Kypshak222

Recruit
Hi,

I am a big fan of your game, and I am interested in proper development of your content. I am playing bannerlord since its release, everything is good except battles. Location of battles. Forest locations are very annoying. Even when I catch enemy party on plain spot of the campaign map it drops me into the forest in battle map. How to avoid this? I have no glue. If you could consider this issue in your further patches that would be great.

Consider all the battlefields provisional. A system based on regions is coming in a future release.

That said... forest battles are great if you're overmatched by cavalry. They're especially good for countering horse archers.

If you don't like the battlefield that has generated for you, you can retreat your army (in the tab screen). At the moment, they tend to cycle through 2 or 3 battlefields for any location - sooner or later you'll get one you like.

If you don't like the battlefield that has generated for you, you can retreat your army (in the tab screen). At the moment, they tend to cycle through 2 or 3 battlefields for any location - sooner or later you'll get one you like.
Isn't retreating reduces your influence or something? Read that somewhere here on the forums, but never get a chance to test it myself.

Consider all the battlefields provisional. A system based on regions is coming in a future release.

That said... forest battles are great if you're overmatched by cavalry. They're especially good for countering horse archers.

Thats good idea but retreating 3-4 times to catch a proper battle field is something out of proper satisfying game experience. This little issue brings this beautiful game to an unplayable point. I hope our turk brothers from talewords will arrange the solution for this issue. I wish they could make a selection of battlefield. Player can choose where to fight. Forest, mountain or plain. Historically majority of medieval battles were held on plain terrain. Generals were used to prefer plain. Nomads and european knights were fighting on plain. Why? The reason is cavalry. Every respectfull army would consist of cavalry. That is why most of battles were on plain. Why talewords developers created this annoying forest locations ?? No need. Not Historically accurate. I am not telling that nobody fought in the forest. But majority of battles were not in forest.

Back
Top Bottom