Annoyed by Jav-Cav

Users who are viewing this thread

Let's hope that those Skirmish tweaks won't affect anymore already badly affected Captains Mode.
I would say that cav AI in CM is terrible leading to silly 1-horse (rest parked) Rambo playstyle where most classes are defenseless.
Also how to defend the last flag with 20 Spears Infantry vs solo cav with few parked horses?

Before the cav in CM was used to harass archers, to replace shields for 2handed infantry, to make havoc, split enemy units and then engage in the middle of the fight or run into battle at high speed which was really realistic. Now it is an arcade joke.

Please fix Slow Motion Bug for CM while giving different Formation than Line and dying. We are waiting for it a year now.

Removing Throwings from horseback is a thing i think is a double edged sword. There is a balance reason for pickable perks on the "weaker" light cav, for example Battania because they dont have heavy cav. If you would now only allow battania cav to use throwables, it will destroy every other cav because it can just gear itself up with highland javs and kiting around other horses and in the end killing these horses. i actually do like throwing from horseback, so i may be biased but i think that is a strat that will eventually lose its significance when the skirmisher meta ends.

I never felt like cavalry kiting is a huge thing.

1. You don't have enough ammo

2. Throwing backwards isn't easy due to the turncap.

3. even if you manage to throw backwards you get significant lower damage by throwing against your own forward movement.

If cavalry kiting was good Horse Archers would see more play and so far I haven't seen that Kind of kiting effectivly ingame.

Moving one direction while facing another is a high risk since you can easily run into obstacles which can lead to a quick death when mounted.

If Battania would keep it's javs they get from perk I don't think it would be much of a deal.
Battania's cav is really strong against all lighter units but weaker against heavy cavalry.
And the javelins for the Battania's rider aren't that good. At least compared to the "meme sticks"

If Battania is the only faction with jav-cav I'd be fine with it, it would be unique. But right now every faction with the exception of Vlandia maybe is using jav-cav a lot.

Horse archer has been nerfed to near uselessness already. This would just make it so that cav has no ranged ability at all. I think a more sensible solution is to make horse archer and jav cav good but nerf ranged damage for all ranged weapons, except the rock maybe.

Probably the most problems with jav-cav have the players who cannot properly ride cav.
Good cav player know that he has to be careful on some units.
If you go towards a skirmisher with cav just have to know he can kill the horse. It is realistic, no?
Horses are strong weapon if used properly anyway in any mode.
It's all about unit selection, isn't it?

Probably the most problems with jav-cav have the players who cannot properly ride cav.
Good cav player know that he has to be careful on some units.
If you go towards a skirmisher with cav just have to know he can kill the horse. It is realistic, no?
Horses are strong weapon if used properly anyway in any mode.
It's all about unit selection, isn't it?

Well I don't mind skirmishers using their throwables that's what they are supposed to.
What is annoying is giving throwables to your cavalry.
That's what happens in every competetive match right now.
I suppose it's not a big issue in public matches since people that meet at random don't have much teamplay.
But dropping throwables for your cavalry is ridiculously strong.

Nerf throwables to nerf cav. If throwables werent that op the cav couldnt abuse them.
They aren't op though. Have you played the game when it first released? Throwables were nerfed to the ground, and in siege it is not worth it to even throw those dinky javelins and throwing axes that deal 30 damage or so. Crossbows/bows can 1-2 shot enemies. And they nerf and make the ranged option with the least amount of range and the least amount of ammunition deal the least damage too??? Every time I play empire I throw my spears away as a recruit because it's just a waste of time to try and throw them with the potential to miss when you're so much more effective in melee range and can reliably help your teammates (yeah maybe they're still good for skirmish since it's basically a war of attrition, but that's pretty much it. Stop ruining other game modes for the skirmish already, most players/casual players don't care about skirmish. Deal with that separately).

Nerf cav. It's way more annoying than throwing weapons and always has been. There's always people complaining about cav in-game, nobody is complaining about throwing weapons that I see. Increase the price/stop making cav so spammable, reduce horse armor/HP, make spears useful by dismounting cav - because even if you stop a cav with a spear it takes way too long to kill him with a 1handed weapon or the spear and he just gallops away like nothing happened. If you stopped a cav with a spear and then immediately hit the cav player with the spear (while the horse is "stunned"), the cav player should be dismounted. That would fix the annoyances that cav players cause, and would be less forgiving to them just blindly walking into speared infantry because they can currently afford doing so with little to no consequences.

@AVRC when will we have a nerf here? Cant we just get a hotfix? Current state of the game is either getting killed by cav or people running off form melee fights that they can switch to throwables to deal massive dmg. It`s literally a throwing fest.

@AVRC when will we have a nerf here? Cant we just get a hotfix? Current state of the game is either getting killed by cav or people running off form melee fights that they can switch to throwables to deal massive dmg. It`s literally a throwing fest.
Soon. Just a couple more months ?

Back
Top Bottom