[Announcing] Hundred Years War: 1357

Users who are viewing this thread

MAKE SURE IN THIS VERSION that the french do not play on the english side and the french do not fight for the english.

playing as the english,quarter of the french army wore english uniforms. Really destroyed the atmosphere..

Yeah, likewise, I really love 100 Years War, and I'd like a version for Warband.

Man, was it fun to have an Army of 100 Billmen, and just have htem form a line as Cavalry charged...was rape!

Any news Llew? You have mentioned occasionally in the forum that you are working on more than one project, may I ask if this is the mod you are concentrating on at the moment? Those polearm models you unveiled a while ago really whet my appetite for this mod :smile:

Yes, actually there is news. This is the other project I was working on, and some good progress is being made.

Funny story, really. For most of the summer and fall I've been planning on basically remaking HYW from the ground up; new models, weapons, etc. But last night I realized it was taking way to long, and doing everything over again was a good plan if I never wanted to finish.

So I sat down to see what it would take to actually port it over to Warband, and about an hour later, it was 80% ported.  :razz:

Yeah, procrastination is awesome.

What I'm doing now is going through and replacing old models with new ones that I've been stockpiling over the summer. It will certainly have a face lift when it comes out, though not as complete as I originally planned. No release date though; work is crunching badly right now, so time to mod is sporadic at best.

Heh, I indulged myself a little this evening. I'd made custom shields and horses for the main characters of the war (Edward III, Edward the Black Prince, Charles V, Du Gusclin, etc,) and this evening I say down and made a bunch of custom faces, based on effigies. Edward, father and son where the funnest, and I quite like the result. Charles and Bertrand were a bit harder, as they both have weaker faces and chins especially. It's hard to capture a double chin with the face editor. I made a shot at both of them though.

I'll probably do John Chandos tomorrow, but I don't have much to go on. His tomb appears to be outside, so if there was a likeness on it, it's long gone. It does give me a bit of license though.

Any other characters you'd like to see?

Didn't follow the thread, but I wonder if it'll still be the HYW theme? I mean there will be only England and France or you'll add more factions?
Because I remember playing the old version and the game ended up really fast.

Yes, the current version about ready for Warband is just the two factions.

HYW 1357 is on hold at present, and I don't know whether I'll continue it for warband or not. I have another idea I might pursue instead.

Llew2 said:
Yes, sir, your worship. Right on it!

At all, just use the Combination of OPS Project:Warband mod, as i see so far you just added items, towns names, dialogues etc... then editing them again would take maximum a week.

Belendor said:
Llew2 said:
Yes, sir, your worship. Right on it!

At all, just use the Combination of OPS Project:Warband mod, as i see so far you just added items, towns names, dialogues etc... then editing them again would take maximum a week.
I do believe your sarcasm detector is broken. :razz:

Lord Drake said:
Hope you finish this. The normal version with just the two factions is well... not quite as interesting.
I probably won't be working on this one for a while. I do have other ideas for expanding this, but it's not announcement worthy, if I even end up doing it.

Back
Top Bottom