Announcing BladeCast Masters Tournament - In partnership with TaleWorlds

Users who are viewing this thread

If NA makes a team it will be filled with players with 4+ years of competitive expierence in both EU and NA tournaments. Saying we would be “stealing a spot” is just insulting. I’ve spent the last few weeks playing matchmaking searching for this EU superiority I keep hearing about, but other than Peter, Brian, Anchor and Thorr I’ve yet to see anything that truly stood out as dominant.

Ebdanian Admiral said:
If NA makes a team it will be filled with players with 4+ years of competitive expierence in both EU and NA tournaments. Saying we would be “stealing a spot” is just insulting. I’ve spent the last few weeks playing matchmaking searching for this EU superiority I keep hearing about, but other than Peter, Brian, Anchor and Thorr I’ve yet to see anything that truly stood out as dominant.
sorry i stopped playing wbmm

Ebdanian Admiral said:

That's because they're the only 4 top players that play it all the time? 99% of all the other top players don't try and is just another IG alternative?

Fietta said:
That's because they're the only 4 top players that play it all the time? 99% of all the other top players don't try and is just another IG alternative?

Nothing compares to IG!

Ydral said:
Only interested in watching if Purzel is casting to melt me with her accent. :fruity:

I agree

EDIT: I was made aware today that at least one person was annoyed by my comment. I was wanting to express that I enjoyed Purzel's streams. I also enjoy Warband streams from all the other streamers and appreciate the effort they put in, I meant no disrespect and wish I had expressed myself better ^^

I hate being NA, not that I qualify for this tournament either way, but dang I hate the fact that NA has never enjoyed as large of a player field, or general participation in this wonderful game.

:cry:

NA has had some great moments a few years back. Though, given their smaller starting player pool, it's not too surprising that the decline impacted them faster.

That said, Europe is struggling now too. There's a serious lack of leadership in the scene with few players willing to take up the responsibility of organising a team. Look at the amount of free agents growing every tournament. Rosters and team names keep changing, which means rivalries are less intense and matches feel as though they mean less. Not sure what the solution is, though with no Bannerlord release date in sight, those wishing the scene to survive in a meaningful way will need to act.

Anyway, I don't believe any EU tournaments have stopped NA competing, just that they must do so with bad ping.

This might not be the thread to do it but just to bounce some ideas off if anyone cares.

IMO the problems are:

- stagnant meta
- lack of consistency in the scene, each tournament is standalone and the periods between are dead
- dwindling player pool

Solutions:

- serverside balances/other rule changes
- something for clans to sink their teeth into between tournaments, such as a perma ladder, or tying WBMM into a scrim ladder similar to ESL
- less to do here but some way of communicating the scene to larger warband scene. combined with a more ongoing competitive environment it likely would lead to retaining more players.

Some of this is too little too late but it's worth thinking about even for the mythical beast that is bannerlord.

OurGloriousLeader said:
- something for clans to sink their teeth into between tournaments, such as a perma ladder, or tying WBMM into a scrim ladder similar to ESL
It might be good to create dedicated topics for the discussion of these points. Both seem like good ideas, but at least the former will probably need a fair bit of debate in the community.

OurGloriousLeader said:
- less to do here but some way of communicating the scene to larger warband scene. combined with a more ongoing competitive environment it likely would lead to retaining more players.

Some of this is too little too late but it's worth thinking about even for the mythical beast that is bannerlord.
I talked to Imemine about this the other day (what can moderation do to help the MP community) and she noted that the promotion of things like the mentor program would be a good way to engage the broader community. Similarly, it may help to share cool moments (clips, etc) and promote events & community tools on the forum and social media. Taleworlds just launched its MandBEsports on Twitter and Facebook so folks can try and engage with that. There are also a bunch of community driven accounts dealing with Warband MP (and the M&B franchise in general) like
https://twitter.com/BladeCast_TV
https://twitter.com/MnBcomp
https://twitter.com/Wolfpack_Greed
https://twitter.com/Jabdimelborn
https://twitter.com/KoMWarband

Debate in the community is eternal and fruitless. I'd say you instead need some relatively authoritative tournament admins to just institute it, try it, and keep adjusting as we go.

The mentor programme was tried often and did nothing. Definitely agree on spreading clips around.

The twitter/facebook stuff is fine but it doesn't grow the scene alone - just keeps it contained (kind of an echo chamber without growth).

I think places like the M&B subreddit and the larger steam community are untapped in terms of showing off clips/youtube etc. There are some large-ish twitch streamers that dip in to Warband sometimes. Also large events always get wider interest.

OurGloriousLeader said:

I second the idea of having a perma ladder. However, I am not sure if this is still working in the competitive scene at its current condition. We have a lack of consistency in the team structure which makes it hard to establish a perma ladder. So this might be something we should do right at the start of BL.

OurGloriousLeader said:
The mentor programme was tried often and did nothing.
This was more or less an idea to welcome new players in the community after BL release and to acknowledge the contribution of the mentors in general.

OurGloriousLeader said:
I'd say you instead need some relatively authoritative tournament admins to just institute it, try it, and keep adjusting as we go.
Go for it! :razz:

OurGloriousLeader said:
Agreed. Something little such as weekly official matches for a Seasonal leaderboard ranking which eventually would lead to a tournament based off of those rankings.
Ex. English Premier League (Football/Soccer)

Back
Top Bottom