Announcement: Trailer! (Check it out!)

Users who are viewing this thread

nice vid! :smile: I guess it's time I actually started making that stuff for you :grin: (not that I have time...just enthusiasm :smile:)

I'm liking that, and you did that with windows movie maker? kudos to you for sticking with it, last time i tried to use it it crashed continuously, mayb had soemthing to do with my spangly lightsabres that took up large ammounts of space, but anyway,
very nice initially, i agree that towards the end it seems a bit forced but it shows that M&B definately has potential for battle scenes
a few qs
1) whats the music you used?
2) how do you fly around on the battlefield?

Windows movie maker does crash -alot-. I probably had to redo a large part of the trailer three times because I lost progress and the save was corrupt.

The music is the intro music from Metal Gear Solid 2
You can 'fly' in the battlefield when you're in edit mode. Do a search on edit mode for some more infomation about it. :smile:

Fantastic Mod.

*Downloaded*

A great mix of different races and different weapons and armor, I especially like how basically everything thats tailor made for the elves looks really bad if you accidentaly try to create a human character and use it.

I do have a few questions about the trailer aswell though.

The 'Flying Scene' where the camera is moving through a hopefully elvish treetop village, Is the village in the current version? and if so where? or is it for the next version? in which case I approve throughly and would point you in the direction of developing a full elvish area.  :mrgreen:

The part where the camera is floating around ships, will a future version incorporate ship battles into the general gameplay? Or will a new contienent be added for people to explore?

P.S. Please excuse my excesive use of question marks '?'  :wink:

Fantastic Mod.

*Downloaded*

A great mix of different races and different weapons and armor, I especially like how basically everything thats tailor made for the elves looks really bad if you accidentaly try to create a human character and use it.

Thanks. :smile:

The 'Flying Scene' where the camera is moving through a hopefully elvish treetop village, Is the village in the current version? and if so where? or is it for the next version? in which case I approve throughly and would point you in the direction of developing a full elvish area.

It's not in the current version. One of the next versions main focus is enhancing the entire Elven race and their role in the mod. The scene you saw is the Elven capital that I've been working on the last few weeks. It's a really huge and spectacular scene. Check the last few pages of the Progress reports thread for more info, or the planned features thread for general information about the next version.

The part where the camera is floating around ships, will a future version incorporate ship battles into the general gameplay? Or will a new contienent be added for people to explore?

The next version will have a (Trollish city) scene with the ruins of the old Human capital, and the remains of the Trollish fleet that invaded that land. It's all scenery, naval combat will not be included in the mod.

P.S. Please excuse my excesive use of question marks '?'

No worries, this forum needs some more activity and I'm more than happy to answer any questions anyone has. :wink:

Highelf said:
The 'Flying Scene' where the camera is moving through a hopefully elvish treetop village, Is the village in the current version? and if so where? or is it for the next version? in which case I approve throughly and would point you in the direction of developing a full elvish area.

It's not in the current version. One of the next versions main focus is enhancing the entire Elven race and their role in the mod. The scene you saw is the Elven capital that I've been working on the last few weeks. It's a really huge and spectacular scene. Check the last few pages of the Progress reports thread for more info, or the planned features thread for general information about the next version.
Yay Finally some recognition of the shear awesomeness of the elvish race.  :mrgreen:

I look forward to seeing that elven capital aswell, "A treetop city you say? Excellent.".

The next version will have a (Trollish city) scene with the ruins of the old Human capital, and the remains of the Trollish fleet that invaded that land. It's all scenery, naval combat will not be included in the mod.
I like the idea of scenery for sceneries sake, an interesting idea, instead of a whole lot of skybox.  :mrgreen:

I think you kinda ****ed up the end (I don't mean the credits). It just looks a bit stupid when you show those characters do "moves" infront of the camera :lol:

Anyway, great trailer!

I've nary seen a better trailer. Well done. :cool:

The music seemed to fit in well IMO, it just did... there was something about it...

I've got to download that mod at some point. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom