Announcement - On Hold for Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruger

I can't tell if it comes as a big suprise, I have a feeling that some people kind of guessed it. Anyways Cèsar and I have decided to stop developling further on this mod until Warband is released, and thats for several reasons. Mainly lack of time and insecurity of how much of the stuff we are currently working on will have to be reworked one more time for Warband, would be sad to have made a bunch of stuff just to see that it can't be used whatsoever.

Thanks alot for the support so far.

For this version 1.011 of game exists a lot of great mods. I doubt a lot of modders will be willing to rework their mods because of Warband. I am not decided whether even to buy this Warband or not and whether it will be worthy of buying because I am not interested in multipayer. So, I don't know if it is a good decision of yours or not to wait. But Warband will be issued very soon and for that reason that isn't any matter to wait for this short time and then to decide whether to proceed for version 1.011 or rework this mod for Warband.  :wink:

It might be nice to clean up a few of the loose ends for version 1.011.  As can be seen in the bugs threads there are a few problems that disturb the perfection of your excellent mod as it stands.  It would be nice if you could see your way  clear to address some of them in the name of completeness.

I can understand you not wishing to add features and expand it further geographically, but some of the niggling little issues could stand to be resolved.

Rad said:
For this version 1.011 of game exists a lot of great mods. I doubt a lot of modders will be willing to rework their mods because of Warband. I am not decided whether even to buy this Warband or not and whether it will be worthy of buying because I am not interested in multipayer. So, I don't know if it is a good decision of yours or not to wait. But Warband will be issued very soon and for that reason that isn't any matter to wait for this short time and then to decide whether to proceed for version 1.011 or rework this mod for Warband.  :wink:

The problem is that once Warband is out, we'll begin to adapt all the features, textures, etc, to the new expansion, and we'll work on the 1.011 version no more. Personally, I won't spend most of my free time making textures that won't be used, and when Warbans comes out re-work them again to adapt them to the new Warband texture files.

Besides, I think that Warband is what will make this mod fully enjoyable because of the features it will add to the original game. Things like quarrels between lords within their own kingdom, grades of like or dislike between lords, normal maps (which make the "bump" or "relief" effect on armors), graphic and engine improvements... The possibilities are quite wide to recreate as best as we can the situation of XIIIth Century Europe, better than we can right now. That's why we won't stay in 1.011.

I won't be buying Warband because of the muliplayer, honestly, I'm buying it because of all the other improvements it gives.

Ignatz1 said:
It might be nice to clean up a few of the loose ends for version 1.011.  As can be seen in the bugs threads there are a few problems that disturb the perfection of your excellent mod as it stands.  It would be nice if you could see your way  clear to address some of them in the name of completeness.

I can understand you not wishing to add features and expand it further geographically, but some of the niggling little issues could stand to be resolved.

The same for your comment. Working on something which will become outdated instantly when Warband is out is... discouraging.

Take care!

PS: Nevertheless, I have the textures for the Netherlands almost finished, so I guess that we might (if Cruger wants) release a last version for 1.011 including the Netherlands and Halych-Volhynia (yes, I have also many armors for them done). But, of course, it's Cruger's choice.

Rad said:

I have both the single and multiplayer beta for Warband, and I can guarantee that making the mod for Warband is a much better choice than staying in 1.011.. As Cèsar stated we have a whole new bunch of features that fits perfect for our mod. Marriges, noble feasts, houses, age, and much more.

We already have decided to not develop this mod for 1.011, so we wont keep working..

Ignatz1 said:

I can agree with you on that, especially if we also decide to include the Netherlands and Halych before what will be "the Warband release"..

Sad but nevertheless Europe 1200 is still the best mod out there, hopefully it will become even more so with Warband.

Personally I prefer the less micro heavy combat system of M&B vanilla in which you can concentrate on leading your army to victory, instead of using all your time adjusting your attack direction (for instance), but lets see.

Warband Singleplayer is certainly entertaining, but about the textures being different, I've been playing around with them a little bit and ctually moved some native textures into the Warband folder (mostly banners) and it didn't seem to make much of a difference, in fact I play Multiplayer with My favourite Sports team's logo as my heraldry, smack on the middle of my shield. But I do agree about Warband being much better for creating modules, the improved combat being my favourite new feature, and Marriage & aging being my second.

Makes sense, probably won't be able to beta test for you again though, as i don't expect to get Warband right away.

Ah, so Europe 1200 is doing it as well. Makes perfect sense; at least I know I'm not the only one :smile: Good luck with Warband modding when you get around to it Cruger and Cèsar de Quart; I hope this mod continues to go well.

If anyone wants to make themselves usefull, they can start researching the family histories of the lords already in the game.

When warband hits, we'll be in need of wives and daughters of every lord in the game :razz:

And knowing cruger, historically correct will be the name of the game <3

I don't think Warband scenes will be any diffrent, that said I'm not sure. Its up to you..

Cèsar de Quart said:
Cruger said:
I don't think Warband scenes will be any diffrent, that said I'm not sure. Its up to you..

As far as I've seen, there are a lot of new models.

That's what i was thinking... I'll probably wait for Warband.

César, are you going to continue your work on yours scenes?

Cèsar de Quart said:
Darth Ellutador said:
Cèsar de Quart said:
Cruger said:

I am, but now I'm on a stop. Life reasons.

Are there no new buildings for the vaegirs, swadians or rhodoks?

Darth Ellutador said:
Cèsar de Quart said:
Darth Ellutador said:
Cèsar de Quart said:
Cruger said:

I am, but now I'm on a stop. Life reasons.

Are there no new buildings for the vaegirs, swadians or rhodoks?

There are some minor issues, like one or two new houses, a new gateway (which look very cool) and some miscelaneous that I missed (like many ships, a stonemill, a better looking well... you know, minor issues that contribute to give life to the scenarios).

By the way, I've been thinking that we need to give more life and personality to the interiors by adding things very appropriate with the timeline: mural paintings, tapestries and mosaiques. Mural paintings fit better in the Mediterranean world, while tapestries, even though they were everywhere, would look better in Northern and Central European environments, and mosaiques are definitely an Italian and Byzantine issue.

The paitings would occupy most of the wall. Have you seen Kingdom of Heaven? In the room inside the castle of Ibelin has some skeletons painted on the walls, saying "Quod sumus, hoc eritis" (What we are now, you will be), very gloomy but deeply inside Medieval thought and, besides, accurate. KoH maybe a bad film, but its ambientation and atmosphere is really well-done.

Cèsar de Quart said:
There are some minor issues, like one or two new houses, a new gateway (which look very cool) and some miscelaneous that I missed (like many ships, a stonemill, a better looking well... you know, minor issues that contribute to give life to the scenarios).

By the way, I've been thinking that we need to give more life and personality to the interiors by adding things very appropriate with the timeline: mural paintings, tapestries and mosaiques. Mural paintings fit better in the Mediterranean world, while tapestries, even though they were everywhere, would look better in Northern and Central European environments, and mosaiques are definitely an Italian and Byzantine issue.

The paitings would occupy most of the wall. Have you seen Kingdom of Heaven? In the room inside the castle of Ibelin has some skeletons painted on the walls, saying "Quod sumus, hoc eritis" (What we are now, you will be), very gloomy but deeply inside Medieval thought and, besides, accurate. KoH maybe a bad film, but its ambientation and atmosphere is really well-done.

I agree, but we would need new textures for the paintings, right? Do you think you can handle it?

Also, Kingdom of Heaven was a very innacurate movie, but I agree that it wasn't a really bad movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom