Annotated Tradingpost Map - Sultans Gaming

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello everyone.

I wanted to share you something that will ease our communication while playing skirmish on multiplayer. I finished annotating one of the maps; Tradingpost and I aim to annotate other maps. I hope it is efficent for us to communicate. Please feel free to comment or critize and I will try to change the map accordingly and consider them in future maps.

sAnpSe.jpg

bOT3Oh.jpg

The top view of the map is provided by developers in this thread:

Other strategic versions of maps:

Last edited:
That is really nicely done. Good initiative.

My comment would be where you have the words 'long' and 'short' those are actual ramps and where you have 'long ramp' and 'short ramp' not so much. I would change 'long ramp' to 'long street' and call the actual ramps 'ramp'.

I find 'hills' a little confusing also as teher are hills on the urban side. Wouldn't 'stones' be better?

I also find the need for calling the internal stairs sometimes. Therefore I would advocate callthe internal stairs 'stairs' and the outside stairs 'steps'.

That is really nicely done. Good initiative.

My comment would be where you have the words 'long' and 'short' those are actual ramps and where you have 'long ramp' and 'short ramp' not so much. I would change 'long ramp' to 'long street' and call the actual ramps 'ramp'.

I find 'hills' a little confusing also as teher are hills on the urban side. Wouldn't 'stones' be better?

I also find the need for calling the internal stairs sometimes. Therefore I would advocate callthe internal stairs 'stairs' and the outside stairs 'steps'.

Yeah I see your points. Ones about the Hills and the Internal Stairs were in my mind as well.

If you know how to speak Turkish a bit, the hills are "Kayalık" in the Turkish version and it means "Rocky Land" however I wasn't sure about the English version. So, I will change it accordingly.

About the stairs, the ones at the outside are "Long Stairs" and "Short Stairs". But I am not entirely sure about naming the ones inside. As you can see, I divided the map into two and named them because, the map is actually mirrored. So, naming the internal stairs by the general name, such as "Urban Stairs" is logical but it is hard for someone to recall it when inside because of it's location. They can be confusing when inside. I really would like to hear some creative comments about this

And about the other issue about streets, I will certainly fix it in this way, that makes much more sense.

Thanks for your comment (:

About the stairs, the ones at the outside are "Long Stairs" and "Short Stairs". But I am not entirely sure about naming the ones inside. As you can see, I divided the map into two and named them because, the map is actually mirrored. So, naming the internal stairs by the general name, such as "Urban Stairs" is logical but it is hard for someone to recall it when inside because of it's location. They can be confusing when inside. I really would like to hear some creative comments about this

Yes, what I meant was using 'long steps' for what you currently have as 'long stairs' and 'long stairs' for the internal stairs on that side and matching names on the other side.

Its kinda hard to find dictionary defined different words but often stairs are used more for internal structures and 'steps' for external (e.g. the Spanish Steps in Rome or tehe 39 steps). So there is a little bit of logic to it.

Yes, what I meant was using 'long steps' for what you currently have as 'long stairs' and 'long stairs' for the internal stairs on that side and matching names on the other side.

Its kinda hard to find dictionary defined different words but often stairs are used more for internal structures and 'steps' for external (e.g. the Spanish Steps in Rome or tehe 39 steps). So there is a little bit of logic to it.

Map got updated!!

Hah this is cool,
long and short thing does not seem intuitive though, maybe only to me cause I know they are not long or short. i always imagined sides would be characterized by `rock side` or `mountain side` and `field side` `oasis side`. well rock and fields is shorter and probably preferable. I put a different pile of items on each spawn point too, like melons and carpets etc. maybe they can be used for call names. well thats what I hoped for when doing it but don't want to push for stuff, this kinda things should be grow from player base.

though I would be glad to hear about and ambigious looking stuff where it is hard for you to describe (like the districk for example I always though it to be out less important so made id less distinct) and I can spice them up.

Hah this is cool,
long and short thing does not seem intuitive though, maybe only to me cause I know they are not long or short. i always imagined sides would be characterized by `rock side` or `mountain side` and `field side` `oasis side`. well rock and fields is shorter and probably preferable. I put a different pile of items on each spawn point too, like melons and carpets etc. maybe they can be used for call names. well thats what I hoped for when doing it but don't want to push for stuff, this kinda things should be grow from player base.

though I would be glad to hear about and ambigious looking stuff where it is hard for you to describe (like the districk for example I always though it to be out less important so made id less distinct) and I can spice them up.

Ooooh lets see your naming system map!

You are right about long and short not being intuitive. I like 'mountain' and 'field' but you are right about mountain being too long.

Last edited:
Hah this is cool,

Ooooh lets see your naming system map!

You are right about long and short not being intuitive. I like 'mountain' and 'field' but you are right about mountain being too long.

Again, thanks for your feedbacks (:

I am very glad that you've added specific items to each spawn point. I didn't notice them. As I replied to you on the other post, I'll update them as soon as possible.

About the short and long parts; these two terms are very familiar to most of the gamers, even if they haven't played an CS games. So I thought that it would be efficient for everyone to remember them. As you know, the map is symmetrical and it is too hard to name locations. I would've named them as "Urban/Country Ramp" but I think It would take a lot of time for people to learn them; One ramp is more straight and one is not, long and short haha. However, it is still debatable, nothing is perfect after all haha.

One more thing, can you guys explain the "field" and "mountain" system a bit more? I think, from there we will find a good solution.

Thanks for your comments!

One more thing, can you guys explain the "field" and "mountain" system a bit more? I think, from there we will find a good solution.

Thanks for your comments!

The area to the left of your map is a mountain, I think you initially called the left 'urban' because there are houses going up teh mountainside. The area to teh right of teh map is open fields.
Some players are calling the left side 'tower' because of the tower on that side near the A flag, which has the bonus of being very visible when you are playing.

Back
Top Bottom