Animations

Users who are viewing this thread

RanGer_SLO said:
Well, I did it. Somehow I managed to implement it using NWs module_animations file. I have no idea why it works though, and I don't want to use their module files. So now I've got to figure out what exactly in their code makes it work.

It's probably 1 tiny flag that'll take me 20 hours of testing to figure out  :mad:

Heck, send the files to jacobhinds too. 2 heads better than 1 etc

RanGer_SLO said:
Yeah, I've figured that out. Problem is, some muskets reload faster than others, but the sound stays the same. So if you have for example a rifle, you'd get the sound of the hammer cocking while you were still ramming the bullet down the barrel.

Actually, this way I notice they are two sounds played. reload_crossbow_1 plays when we're loading the powder in the canon (don't know why but the first powder phase is skipped), and then put_back_dagger when arming the hammer.
Where I can get that musket reloading sound ? (I want to try some tests to see if all synchs, even with different rifle types speed)

Hang on for the 3 phases reloading, that would be nice. If I can help, please tell me.

I think I've figured it out.

So, my theory is that the phased reload animation ID calls in the game are hard coded. Meaning, if you add an extra animation before the phased animations, then the ID of the phased animations will change and the game won't be able to find the said animations (hence why you get the default T-pose).

So, in order for this to work the phased animations have to have the same ID as they do in NW. Meaning, no new animations should be added before 
["reload_musket_full", 0, amf_priority_reload|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_play,

Furthermore, you don't have to use crossbows_as_firearms flag in the module.ini for this to work. You can give the weapons which you want to use phased reload the itcf_reload_musket flag, and this will turn on the phased reload. With this, you can have 2 reloads for your firearms. One phased, and one non-phased (which can be different than the phased one).

I think I'll have the muskets use the phased animations, and make a new non-phased animation for rifles and carbines.

@deadknight

I'll send you my reload sound file via PM. The timing is off though. You'll have to time the reload in game then match the various sounds of the reload soundtrack by editing the sound file. I think reloading a musket takes 15s, the sound file is only 12s long though.

RanGer_SLO said:
I think I've figured it out.

So, my theory is that the phased reload animation ID calls in the game are hard coded. Meaning, if you add an extra animation before the phased animations, then the ID of the phased animations will change and the game won't be able to find the said animations (hence why you get the default T-pose).

So, in order for this to work the phased animations have to have the same ID as they do in NW. Meaning, no new animations should be added before 
["reload_musket_full", 0, amf_priority_reload|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_play,

Furthermore, you don't have to use crossbows_as_firearms flag in the module.ini for this to work. You can give the weapons which you want to use phased reload the itcf_reload_musket flag, and this will turn on the phased reload. With this, you can have 2 reloads for your firearms. One phased, and one non-phased (which can be different than the phased one).

I think I'll have the muskets use the phased animations, and make a new non-phased animation for rifles and carbines.

@deadknight

I'll send you my reload sound file via PM. The timing is off though. You'll have to time the reload in game then match the various sounds of the reload soundtrack by editing the sound file. I think reloading a musket takes 15s, the sound file is only 12s long though.

Well all of this is good news. Good investigating there :razz: Progress is being made and that is great. Phased reloading would be really good, especially if the audio can be sorted to match and so on. Keep it up guys

Managed to implement phased reload for muskets and just finished implementing a new separate rifle reload animation.

All is well. Now sound will be much easier to implement.

Me gusta.

RanGer_SLO said:
Managed to implement phased reload for muskets and just finished implementing a new separate rifle reload animation.

All is well. Now sound will be much easier to implement.

Me gusta.

Congratulations my good sir. Jolly good show indeed. Well hopefully you get that implemented easier now or at least it should be "easier" but none the less good job. Keep going Ranger.

I've always wondered, would it actually be possible to add a visible ramrod to the reloading animation, or is this just another unreachable ideal?

joer5835 said:
I've always wondered, would it actually be possible to add a visible ramrod to the reloading animation, or is this just another unreachable ideal?

The only way I can think of doing it, and I don't even know if this is possible, is attaching an invisible ramrod to the right hand and only have it appear during the proper phase of the reloading process. But again, I don't even know if that can be done in the engine.

Gewehr98 said:
joer5835 said:

The only way I can think of doing it, and I don't even know if this is possible, is attaching an invisible ramrod to the right hand and only have it appear during the proper phase of the reloading process. But again, I don't even know if that can be done in the engine.

You are not the only one who has questioned this :razz: It would be really really nice to have a visible ramrod, how it could be implemented is one thing, how it would work in practice is another :S Could be done like suggested above, but really is the issue of getting it to match the reloading animations and so on.

Maybe it could be done the same way crossbow bolts and arrows are shown when reloading in native.

EDIT: Also to those testing out the new animations. The rifle reload animation needs to be completely redone. The current one is just a place holder I whipped together in a couple of hours while watching a movie.

RanGer_SLO said:
Maybe it could be done the same way crossbow bolts and arrows are shown when reloading in native.

If you did that, the ramrod would be in hand the entire animation.

As far as i know there's no way that doesn't involve inefficient hackery with WSE or the new add_mesh functions. And even then there's no reliable way of detecting whether an agent is reloading.
Hoping for taleworlds to release a nice juicy ti_on_reload with 1.17x (if it comes out).

Back
Top Bottom