Need More Info Animations issue: Javelins turn dead soldiers into floating baloons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

gronaz

Veteran
Since version 1.6.0 I guess, the ragdoll effect on death animations is overpowered. It happens mostly when using heavy javelins. Before that this effect seemed to me balanced and believable. But now using javelins feels like a bazooka shot or dead bodies way too light. In addition, bodies slide on the ground without any resistance as if it was ice.

By the way, when the ragdoll effect was balanced I wondered why not using it more often? Scripted animations are mostly very good but sometimes they look overacted like football players on penalty area, especially when they do saltos after medium blows. Have you tried keeping scripted animations when a soldier is wounded and automatic ragdoll for every instantly killed soldiers reagardless of the weapon used?

Doofus

Veteran
My favorite is the animation issue where horses, and sometimes soldiers, fly 3-4 stories high in the air when they are killed. I have to admit I did really like one the other day though where near the end of a siege I'm walking along and notice a body on the fence. He was basically sitting on the lower part with his arms over the upper part of the fence. Looked natural like he dragged himself into a sitting position & then just died there.

gronaz

Veteran
Sorry I can't capture videos But I just send my actual gamesave. You can experiment this when throwing javelins to any looter parties.
I little exaggerated in the thread title and bodies don't climb up to the sky. There is still gravity but it's like moon gravity and when they are hit the bodies are launched away faster than the javelin itself.

Terco_Viejo

Spanish Gifquisition
Grandmaster Knight
Could you capture a video of this issue happening?
I don't know exactly in which patch the ragdolls suffered this exaggerated buff, however in the beta I don't remember it being like this (random video test).

Here is a video test of the current 1.6.2 where kinetic transfer is so exaggerated that it is possible to see bodies flying through the air as has been mentioned in previous comments. This is exacerbated by NPC or hyper developed player skills where the throws become more powerful.

No mods running ofc

---
At a personal level, I hope everything is going well for you. A big hug. 💪😎

MArdA TaleWorlds

Community Support & Localization
Community Support
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
We were not able to reproduce this issue.
Can you reproduce this on campaign rather than custom battle? IF it happens please note the currently used javelin so that we can try as well.

gronaz

Veteran
This overpowered ragdoll effect will happen only when using strong javelins ( more than 100 piercing damages) on foot or when they are thrown from horse at very fast speed. If the impact is not strong enough it will trigger classic animation instead of ragdoll.

I did not manage to reproduce it in custom battles because equiped javelins are not strong enough. In the campain save I sent I used crafted javelins with 140 damage thrown from horse but I guess it will work with "highland javelins". My character had 160 throwing skill. Maybe it won't work with newly created character.

Top Bottom