B Other Animations Compilation Mod 2.0 (Warband) Video&Pics

Users who are viewing this thread

What U sayin' dawg?
102mi55.jpg

Liked everything except the horizontal bow shooting and the sword spinning draw. Nice work!

MAXHARDMAN said:
to AWdeV

For lying-down version of crossbowmen have more complicated situation , how shoot from castle wall and its will be so imbalance . Now sit on knees have all types units.

For make parallel shields need edit item module , not animation . Maybe I make it for Native separately from basic mod. ( with many other things of cause )

That makes sense. Thank you for the answers. :smile:

Max, you are a very skilled modder, these are cool animations :grin:

A question though; have you tried the 1st person view with your new throwing animations? I just wondered whether the shield might block the sight of your character, as it did in M&B Native when throwing.

so i am assuming that you can switch positions, pretty sick :grin:. There's a mod with cool animations out already called Kengeki. It already has some of these animations, and its asian themed too :smile:

I just read that keeping the shield on the back and turning around would be terrible for your balance and you'd probably fall over if you tried. Would it instead be possible to animate it so that the shield is put in front of the crossbowman and that he then reloads as normal?

Knil said:
Liked everything except the horizontal bow shooting and the sword spinning draw. Nice work!
Me too. The spinning sword is just silly, while the horizontal bow is odd.

FrisianDude said:
I just read that keeping the shield on the back and turning around would be terrible for your balance and you'd probably fall over if you tried. Would it instead be possible to animate it so that the shield is put in front of the crossbowman and that he then reloads as normal?
I think it'd be nigh-impossible to make that.

FrisianDude said:

Actually this is exactly how crossbows were used during siege warfare.  They carried big honkin' shields on their backs so when they bent over to reload they were covered from rocks and arrows shooting down at them from the walls.  I'm not saying this animation is 100% accurate but the concept is 100% authentic.  The fact is you don't go swinging around so fast that you fall over from the force of the shield.  In fact when firing a crossbow you don't do anything real fast or you tend to lose fingers from the 100+ lbs of force on the bow. 
The sideways bow thing looks weird to westerners used to seeing the longbow.  The whole horizontal bow firing thing is from Eastern bow practices.  The Chinese used the horizontal firing position in some of their bows almost exclusively.  The large "body Bow" comes to mind, where they braced a stock against their torso to fire it like a crossbow.  Also some horse archers practiced firing the bow in all sorts of angles due to rotating their body like a turret.  And it can help with keeping the arrow notched when on a bouncing horse.  The only problem I see with it is that it is completely random and looks wrong when you have a longbowman take a shot "gangsta".  That is clearly not right but what ya gonna do.  The game has limitations.

No, not really. They'd have put the shield down in front of them instead of keep it on the back. If you get arrows in your shield while it's on your back there's still a chance you get hurt.

Ambalon said:
I know, but hey, worth asking.

to Teutonic Archer Knight
Thank you for info . I look new animation in mod Kengeki . ( I hope it on Repository ? )

DanAngleland said:
Max, you are a very skilled modder, these are cool animations :grin:
A question though; have you tried the 1st person view with your new throwing animations? I just wondered whether the shield might block the sight of your character, as it did in M&B Native when throwing.
Sorry no , because pavise/herald shield and any round have different view. I check only in 3 face( this animation work not only for player but for units too :wink: )

to LEGION3000
Thank you for you explanation  :grin:
I really want make horizontal bow for horseman only , but for same reasons this option disabled in module sistems .

I want say one more time , I give instruction , and if you want you can easily disable not wanted animations .

MAXHARDMAN,

Your animations work are truly IMPRESSIVE masterpieces and I knew that someone would start working on new animations for warband somehow after the release of modding tools!  I am very excited to see further progress of your work and this is what will give warband so much new 'life' to it because with tons of new add-on animations, we will feel more being in ancient warfare world virtually!

Excellent job and two thumbs up!

:grin:

However, MAXHARDMAN, I have suggestions/ideas if you are willing to give it a try.  What Mount and blade warband really need where it is lacking of full attack animations variants in warband is animations attack for spear + shield attack combo.  With your talents, you could give shield + spear different attack position and styles (overhaul or other attack styles when you would press X to toggle between them while having upper/lower positions).

Eagle out...

FrisianDude said:
No, not really. They'd have put the shield down in front of them instead of keep it on the back. If you get arrows in your shield while it's on your back there's still a chance you get hurt.

Ambalon said:
I know, but hey, worth asking.

I think the whole "pavise crossbowman" idea would work better if you could deploy the shield, making it appear on the map as a collision object, piece of scenery, a prop or however you're supposed to call it.

to Eagle114th
Thanks for good words  :smile:

I plan make many attacks animation for all weapon , work in progress .

I really think I can make it more quickly , but I have same new ideas and I need more time for make it.

I try make now animation for wounded and maybe fatality animations.

to Psiphoon
Good idea , but I think its need too complicated code , look start reload , spawn item object ( not prop because it must work for mods too ) , remove after reload. I look maybe it possible. Thank you.  :smile:

Any ways if same one have ideas about new animations please find picture or video for me , its give me more understand that exactly you want to see in game . Thanks all for you attention !  :smile:

I actually meant drop item, spawn object, remove object when it's picked up again with the f key. But that would be for another mod I guess.

Psiphoon said:
I actually meant drop item, spawn object, remove object when it's picked up again with the f key. But that would be for another mod I guess.

That is great idea!  If MAXHARDMAN could make new shield and have it 'standing up' when you press G to drop shield but have it 'standing up' while you would normally reload your crossbow and then fire behind shield as your cover.  There would be three way to use crossbow, and that is MAXHARDMAN's two new crossbow animations he made, along with third on which is your idea of deploying shield then use that shield as your cover while using crossbow.

Eagle out...

Back
Top Bottom