Animation maker?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello everybody. I was wondering if there's anybody who can make animations with OpenBRF and Blender/3dsMax etc for me for use in my zombie mod. Credits will be given, naturally. What I need is a new walking animation (including both walk_sideways animations) and some new death animations. PM me if interested and I'll give you the details.

Well, you should make sure that work won't be useless first. It would be quite stupid, if someone wastes time for it and you later can't implement it.
I guess you want to have non zombie troops as well (walking normally). Are you sure that you can assign different animations to different troops? Well, I'm not sure, I just want to say, check, if you can.

you can't give different troops/races different walks.

The only thing you could do would be to give the zombies a weapon which the humans don't use and assign the walk to that.

My idea is that if I change the walk, all "humans" are running, so it won't matter, and the only time any non-zombie will walk is when the player presses shift, in which case you can't see how you're walking anyways. Might mess up a tad, but hell, it should work.

Highlander said:
Well, you should make sure that work won't be useless first. It would be quite stupid, if someone wastes time for it and you later can't implement it.
I made a "new" animation that takes an existing one already, so I assume that as long as I can import it into OpenBRF it should work out the same.

Psiphoon said:
Can you find an example anywhere (youtube probably) of the kind of walk you're aiming for?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjrYvScQK5w&feature=related

That's pretty much it, but a bit more looseness in the neck would be nice. (When it's foot hits the ground the head tips down, when the foot is lifted the head lifts up kinda thing)

Here's one I had a quick go at this morning, although judging by that video you probably want something with a bit less... "rigor mortis" :grin:.

http://rapidshare.com/files/300198661/zombie_walk.avi.html

(had to stick the avi on rapidshare since youtube doesn't seem to want to upload it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zyjLe0Bdy0

You first get a proper look at it at 0:42 when the bastard creeps up on me from behind...

And no lurching humans either! You were right about the running thing. Now there's just backwards, left and right to do. I also added my custom two-handed overswing animation, although the one you see in that video is a slightly earlier version where I didn't have the hands lined up right (the later version is in a different brf on another installation of M&B).

Psiphoon said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zyjLe0Bdy0

You first get a proper look at it at 0:42 when the bastard creeps up on me from behind...

And no lurching humans either! You were right about the running thing. Now there's just backwards, left and right to do. I also added my custom two-handed overswing animation, although the one you see in that video is a slightly earlier version where I didn't have the hands lined up right (the later version is in a different brf on another installation of M&B).
Awesome! Your overhand swing is sweet too.

Anyways, are you interested in doing all (or most) of the required animations, or just whatever you want whenever you want? (I'm fine with either.)

I'd be happy to do the whole lot (A-levels willing), zombies are fun to do, and nobody else seems to be looking for animators.

By the way, if you want it any slower than that, the current version is at 60 frames per cycle and the maximum you can have I think is 100. beyond that and you'll have to slow down the zombies themselves with athletics/encumbrance or whatever.

P.S. Don't be afraid to make as many demands as you like on the look of the animations, it's your mod after all...

Psiphoon said:
I'd be happy to do the whole lot (A-levels willing), zombies are fun to do, and nobody else seems to be looking for animators.

By the way, if you want it any slower than that, the current version is at 60 frames per cycle and the maximum you can have I think is 100. beyond that and you'll have to slow down the zombies themselves with athletics/encumbrance or whatever.

P.S. Don't be afraid to make as many demands as you like on the look of the animations, it's your mod after all...
Thank you very much. Anyways, I suppose you should get started on those other walk animations. When you're done, send 'em all over and I'll tell you what I want next. (The zombie attack animations is probably what I'd be doing.)

Back
Top Bottom