SP - General animal hunting - peace time activity idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Nobles in medieval times hunted for fun and for sport.

I saw threads saying that there aren't enough peace time activities, which is something that I can agree with, and while the idea of animal hunting isn't going to solve this issue alone it could be just one of many future options.

I think it could also be a fun way to perhaps train archery skills if one desires to improve them, challenge/spend time with family members, other nobles or companions, be a way to introduce wildlife into the game, introduce taxidermists and creation of trophies to maybe personalize your own castle or lord's hall (though personalization is a completely different topic).

What would also be cool is if every culture approached hunting slightly differently (similar to how tournaments are slightly different based on culture). That said I just have to mention mongolian eagle hunters. I'd particularly love to see something like that for Khuzait.

What would also be cool is if every culture approached hunting slightly differently (similar to how tournaments are slightly different based on culture). That said I just have to mention mongolian eagle hunters. I'd particularly love to see something like that for Khuzait.
I absolutely love the idea, but I fear it's a little too much for these developers.
Maybe modders will do something like this? Having falconry and the like would be awesome, something to do in peacetime. And maybe with perks which grant you buffs! Morale if you take down a white stag or a boar! Lots of meat if you take down wild cows! Maybe even rare crafting items. Imagine having to track (with scouting of course) an animal which is renowned for its sturdy horns. You find it, kill it and then you use the horn to build a special horn bow with some kind of bonus you couldn't find anywhere else.
(Hey, we can dream, right?)

That would be interesting, a way of increasing ones standing as well with lords... It is as Aurex put it: a nice DREAM. But just a dream.

Back
Top Bottom