Android gaming

Users who are viewing this thread

I usually do all my gaming on mobile nowadays due to not having the time, so it ends up being mostly short, casual gaming sessions of Minecraft or Galaxy On Fire. :mad:

Fehnor said:
SNES games are remarkably fun on a phone. I have more fun with those than anything from the play store.
So I recently got a new phone and yeah, this has been my experience so far as well. The only problem is the fact that the controls are on a touch screen and I'm having a hard time operating the d-pad with any degree of precision.

Well you could solve that by buying one of these:

KGRMmUg.jpg

mDEARk0.jpg

Which supposedly has a built-in NES emulator.

I'm actually thinking about a possible solution workaround that I might try to apply to my phone. I'll report back if it works well.

Yeah, so it didn't work out too well. The idea I had was to take one of those screen protector plastic foil things, cut a cross shape out of it, and stick it on the screen where the virtual d-pad is. While that does work in the sense that you get a little bit of tactile feedback to let you know which part of the d-pad you're touching, it doesn't really make enough of a difference IMO to make it worth the obvious downside of having a ****ing cross on your phone's screen all the time. Maybe I'll experiment with different shapes and such later, but at the moment I'm thinking what would help the most is if the virtual d-pad was simply a bit bigger. Given how cheap these screen protector things are, you could go ahead and try for yourself. Maybe you'll find it worthwhile.

I've been playing a game called The Pirate: Carribean Hunt lately, and it's an awesome age of sail game. Pretty graphics, nice ships (sails -and the whole ship - behave properly in regards to wind, there's visible damage, and you can zoom in so it's like you are standing at the helm), exciting sea battles, and you can trade, engage in piracy, upgrade your ship(s) and base(s) or just sail around. There is even a storyline. It has some IAP-s, but you can go without 'em, it's definitely not pay to win. It's the yarr-est thing I found on Google Play as yet.

You can trade between towns for profit (although I guess that one IAP that adds more towns would make that easier), but then the game devolves into a click(tap)fest. The game's strong points are the sailing and ship battles.Although you can travel between the towns in free sailing mode too, but that way you'll make very slow progress with the early game dinghies.

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
No, I don't own an android device.

I now own an android device!

What I want to know is... why the hell do so many games need access to my profile info (alright, fine, maybe for some online gaming/ID aspect) and my caller info/knowing when calls are active? I refuse to install games which require excessive access to such personal data. Whatsapp doesn't count because it needs that info to function. Games? Not so much.

So, I have this really cute game called Squiggle x 5, which is Japanese for "Kitty Collector", and it basically does what it says on the tin; put stuff out for cats to eat/play with, collect cats, take pictures, buy more stuff, get presents. This satisfies my need to be a Crazy Cat Lady and did I mention, super cute? I would link to it but Android Central appears to be **** and won't show the game, I can only find it via my phone's Play Store app.

I also have Dots, which involves (unsurprisingly) connecting dots, but it's very addictive.

And last night I downloaded Fishdom, which is a sort of build-your-own aquarium with mini-games along the lines of bejewelled or candy soda pop crush or whatever, in order to give you coins. You can also buy stuff, which I don't do.

Does anybody know of any decent RPG style games which don't cost anything to play, and don't require my phone's private data to be intimately probed simply to function?

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
What I want to know is... why the hell do so many games need access to my profile info (alright, fine, maybe for some online gaming/ID aspect) and my caller info/knowing when calls are active?
Without knowing which specific game, a lot of the times it's so the game can automatically go into standby when you get calls and stuff.

Bromden said:
I've been playing a game called The Pirate: Carribean Hunt lately, and it's an awesome age of sail game. Pretty graphics, nice ships (sails -and the whole ship - behave properly in regards to wind, there's visible damage, and you can zoom in so it's like you are standing at the helm), exciting sea battles, and you can trade, engage in piracy, upgrade your ship(s) and base(s) or just sail around. There is even a storyline. It has some IAP-s, but you can go without 'em, it's definitely not pay to win. It's the yarr-est thing I found on Google Play as yet.

I'm having fun with that. The AI is actually pretty decent and even the sloops manage to outmanouevre me so that they get free hits with their ass-cannon.

SenpaiHinds said:
I'm having fun with that. The AI is actually pretty decent and even the sloops manage to outmanouevre me so that they get free hits with their ass-cannon.
Innit? It's much better a game than it looks like at first blink.

Back
Top Bottom