SP - General And hear the lamentations of their (wo)men... [FORCED MARRIAGE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Dear Callum and Co.

I've been enjoying my 20-hour Khuzait Campaign using a short, fat rip-off of Ghengis Khan, called "Temujiin", who is generally ugly, unloved and reeks of horse. After reading Brendan Caldwell's RPS article about his character's love fails, I knew that this problem could be solved using existing game mechanics for male and female characters. Warlords are generally pretty ugly, so we need options.

1.Take the character prisoner (battle) and force them to marry you.
2. Bribe or coerce their parents into marrying them to you by abusing a combination of influence, renown, charm and the 200 man army you have outside.
3. Execute the parent, take their stuff and marry their children (See Richard III).
4. Challenge daddy to a duel for the privilege. Or poison his yak-milk.

The existing Khan's 21-year-old daughter really isn't into me, so I should actually be able to put a sack over her head according to Khuzait custom or kill her father and run off with her, notwithstanding the -20 relation penalty with my future wife. I know... some people who game really don't like women - but I do - which is why female characters should also get the option of enslaving their new man-mate after tearing up his armies and pocketing his loot, like any normal Sturgian lass.

Someone once asked me:

"Temujiin, What is best in life?"
"A fleet horse? The wind in your hair?"

WRONG! Crush your enemies, see them driven before you... then marry them.

- Ghengis Khan, Single.
Samarkand

Last edited:
The ability to force political marriages is necessary, to any dynasty-focused game. People who don't like each other should sometimes get married, in the game, if they want interesting politics.

Considering they made half the women in the game warlords, however, I rather doubt they'd be willing to do anything so risque (which is a fancy way of saying risky) as what you suggest.

I feel like this may be the only way to convince a man to marry me. For whatever reason they don't like it when you murder their friends, family, and look like an impoverished mule.

It sounds so wrong, but good at the same time.
EDqSkyGUYAAxxxg.png

Back
Top Bottom