An open letter to the competitive community

Users who are viewing this thread

I agree. Removing couches or make them less effective by reducing their damage, making longer pauses between couches, removing infinite couching, reduce horses HP by 50 or make literally every weapon more effective against horses, except for bows and xbows. Some examples of what a "bigger" change could be
You want to remove couches?

Do you also want to remove Swords from the game?

LOL

I agree. Removing couches or make them less effective by reducing their damage, making longer pauses between couches, removing infinite couching, reduce horses HP by 50 or make literally every weapon more effective against horses, except for bows and xbows. Some examples of what a "bigger" change could be
+1 to all this, cavalry in Bannerlord doesn't need oneshot couches

Thus removing a cavalry charge with a long pointy stick from viable game strategies if damage nerfed. Couching lances are intended as one-shots.
If the maneuver would require lots of skill and speed to be gathered and pauses - I am fine with it. But nerf the damage? Nope.
I mean...you are impaled with a metal-tipped lance with the speed and moving mass of the horse behind it (half a ton at 25 to 30 mph?). The rest is up to physics and gory fantasy.

Counterproposal: make lances breakable so when used in that manner or hitting a shield they take damage and break eventually.

Ideally you would balance cav so they retain what makes them unique, couches aren't inherently broken, as others say they just need some cooldowns applied e.g. get rid of how instant they are. Nerfs to speed and top speed drifting are also nerfs to couching implicitly.

One way to nerf couches would be to adjust the shield so that it wouldn't block from front so archers would have an advantage, one other way would be to increase the cooldown.
Let's not stray too far away from the post though.

I wonder if people would ease up to the idea of playing without limits if infantry would be stronger again.
Absolutely, if infantry is strong against at least cav why wouldn't anyone pick it? But cav needs to fear fighting infantry for this to happen.
That's why I suggested to wait until the new patch comes a few times.

I wonder if people would ease up to the idea of playing without limits if infantry would be stronger again.
It's a good question, because it seems for a lot of people it's not just about the balance side of things but how unfun it can be to play against certain strategies. The infantry speed increase may be the most important change in that regard.

I think that's the whole point, without limits the comp would be 0/4/2 etc. the only reason why class limits exist is because the classes are unbalanced, if they're balanced then there's no need to have them, that's what everyone is waiting on. :razz:

Infantry were only strong because they had one-hitting lasers in the form of throwing weapons. Have said before, you can have everything be extremely strong and so "balanced", but it's hardly fun, everyone just ends up hating the other classes. Inf are in an ok spot, the problem is the pure strength of cav (and to a lesser extent, archers shooting around shields).

So we played the weekendcup. Without Classlimits. No Infs involved (on Tradingpost). I am just leaving this here.
But that is the most open map on skirmish so it does make sense not to have infs on some factions.
On the rest of the maps the setups didn't seem crazy as most people seem to be scared of.
With a decent patch that makes spears effective and nerf cavs (possibly a cooldown on couches and more damage to horses), i don't see how spamming cav would be a viable strategy.
Spamming archers won't also be an option, since
nerfs archer 2 handers, makes ALL infantry run faster.

Literally if the developers improve infantry and we'll have limits on BEAST then every map will be inf heavy and the opposite will happen.

I also personally don't think having tw host their tournament is a wise idea, because they would either have to wait BEAST's ending or making it during.
Waiting for BEAST to end means in someway postponing patches that could make mp better.
Having 2 tournaments at the same time isn't optimal also, because it is likely that multiple teams won't sign up for time managament.

But that is the most open map on skirmish so it does make sense not to have infs on some factions.
On the rest of the maps the setups didn't seem crazy as most people seem to be scared of.
With a decent patch that makes spears effective and nerf cavs (possibly a cooldown on couches and more damage to horses), i don't see how spamming cav would be a viable strategy.
Spamming archers won't also be an option, since

Literally if the developers improve infantry and we'll have limits on BEAST then every map will be inf heavy and the opposite will happen.

I also personally don't think having tw host their tournament is a wise idea, because they would either have to wait BEAST's ending or making it during.
Waiting for BEAST to end means in someway postponing patches that could make mp better.
Having 2 tournaments at the same time isn't optimal also, because it is likely that multiple teams won't sign up for time managament.

Some (most?) teams will not play 2 officials a week. They will tend to give a default. Every default distorts the tournament. It's no hardship for the admin team to postpone a tourney or have a break. The problem is that a tournament like BEAST that encompasses all teams and all skill levels is not compensated for by a small tournament. inevitably large sections of the community are left out.

Back
Top Bottom