An open letter to the competitive community

Users who are viewing this thread

Without getting into if BEAST should be played with or without the restrictions for the sake of "data collecting" and a supposed consequential faster balance patch, either way i think TaleWorlds should seriously consider sending feeback forms similar to those they were sending during Beta, to me it's the most unintrusive and the most rewarding method of all per amount of effort put.

If you ask me this patch did nowhere near enough to remedy the issues. It's a baby step in the right direction but I think TW can afford to make more drastic changes than these. The BEAST tournament would still run like **** without class limits, but there's still time for them to drop a few more hotfixes.

No Clue if the Devs still read up to Page 9, i am sure they do, since they care as much as we do, but here are my 2 Cents about the Monday Patch.
Pikes: Love it. Good Job. Really, its fun.
Speed for Inf: Nice. How about one more?
Speers: Nice.
Slow down for Maces: Nice.
Crossbow Dmg Reduktion: Nice, i guess?
-----------------------------------------------------
What needs to be done:
Crossbow Reload time up by two times.
Inf bigger shields.
Archer wants a twohander? am actually fine with it, because its fun BUT make the price of said weapon go up, by switching perks around. No good Bow for you, if you take twohander.
Also give Inf like 25 more HP and Archers 25 less (like Warband, i guess).
---------------------------------------------------
those are the things i would say from the top of my head now after testing yesterday. Overall a step in the right direction and one step closer to a limitfree beast. Put up like one more patch with the things still needed to do, and I can see the voting shifting. Well, we will see.

Archer wants a twohander? am actually fine with it, because its fun BUT make the price of said weapon go up, by switching perks around. No good Bow for you, if you take twohander.
Please YES

Also give Inf like 25 more HP and Archers 25 less (like Warband, i guess).
That would make swords entirely useless. I got a feeling that devs nerfed maces so other weapons would be picked more frequently, but we need further sword buff for that. I like that they tend to buff things slightly - so we would approach more balanced gameplay carefully. I would buff damage to armoured units with swords so it would be actually 4 hits to kill at MAX.

I would also reduce cav lance\spear damage to armoured infs - cus right now it's pretty high even if cav has no speed at all.

Also, there was a nice suggestion to limit max archer speed. That wouldn't make inf too fast and wouldn't make archer suffer too much in melee.

Last edited:
i like fashwave
kaDqOPm.png

I think that's the whole point, without limits the comp would be 0/4/2 etc. the only reason why class limits exist is because the classes are unbalanced, if they're balanced then there's no need to have them, that's what everyone is waiting on. :razz:
1.5.4 cav and archers were balanced, yet beast 2 was played with class limits. 5 inf 1 cav was one of the best setups back then.

This entire thread is a puzzle to me.

AVRC only suggested it - Ikea said he would put it to the vote...

If the vote says keep class limits -then keep class limits.
If the vote says remove class limits - remove class limits.

If the vote passes and class limits are removed; then the community has decided to help TW in that respect. If the vote fails and class limits remain then the community has chosen to enjoy their tournament in a format most suited to them; TW can host their own tournament as required.

Why does this require further argument?

heeey. every six months i join this forum, read a andom topic, and today is this one ! yay!
all good warband players i knew (and added as steam friends or on discord) in 10 years of happy gaming, after a total disappointment of BL beta, are back to warband (me included).
all suggestions to make game viable for MP have been ignored, ...so now enjoy players ignoring your game. maybe SP will save the sales (by the way are public info?) but MP is dead, and its a good thing, we still have crowded server on warband. i'm a bit sad forthe casual gamers that went to mordhau… but i cant blame them, is still a far superior choice for a fun evening of skilled head-cutting !
peace, have fun guys , see ya in summer !

Back
Top Bottom