An Open Letter to TaleWorlds from the Kingdoms of Arda team, and the Total-Conversion Mod Community about our concerns and frustrations with Bannerlor

Users who are viewing this thread

I am a long time forum lurker, almost daily here reading all kinds of posts but never bothered to create an account. after reading the letter from the mod dev team i just had to create an account and tell @TaleWorlds to get you stuff together, the only reason why i havent refunded Bannerlord yet is because of the upcoming mods specially Kingdom of Arda. I dont care about vanila Bannerlord anymore, i wish i would but the devs just totally neglected critical points and continue to do so. I am happy if moddser can fix this mes, but seeing that taleworlds is even blocking them from making any progress is a shameful display. i am going to change my steam review, i had it on positive for all this time but not anymore. I encourage everyone to write a steam review if you havent done yet, i dont think they will listen to us unless we show our opinion on steam reviews.
+1. Already did bud around 2 to 3 months ago. Thank you for sharing. I agree and all should do it.

After reading the full letter the gravity of the situation is really made bare. Things are REALLY bad right now for programmers.

I'm dumbfounded at how TW could have learned so little from Warband, it is ridiculous. If things continue as they have a lot of these overhaul mods may be discontinued or at best inferior to their warband counterparts due to the limitations put on modders from unstable code and barriers.

For many of us mods are the light at the end of the tunnel. We have accepted that TW has underdelivered with Bannerlord (Hot take I know) and will not be able to live up to the sensible expectations we initially had. But to handicap the sacred modding community like this is inconceivably illogical and unbelievably disappointing. Its a lose-lose situation for everyone so the issues modders have outlined need to be thoroughly addressed until rectified anything less would be cataclysmic.

Can't believe this is how things have progressed...

As much as I love the Mount&Blade franchise the vanilla sandbox always got stale and boring after a short while. Yet I always came back because there was some new mod with a brand new setting, new map, new armours and sometimes new mechanics. At this point all I hope for is that the base game will be a solid base for modders to expand upon and take to new places as I've seen enough of Calradia.

Gotta admit if that LoTR mod gets what they need and deliver even half of what they promise ill be totally satisfied with this purchase
same i didnt buy this game because its a good game, but because the mods make it a good game. Same goes for warband i never even played vanilla, the mods wich kept me playing were Persisten World, Napoleonic Wars, The Last Days, Anno Domini 1257.... and so on. Its really hard not to hate Taleworlds.

The one thing I want TW to do is to make spearmen use their spears by default. All the phalanx/pike formation mods are being screwed right now because spearmen keep using their sidearms against enemy infantry. TW just need to fix this and I'll be happy.

I love Bannerlord, but i have a guess that TW plans something with microtransactions and mods is the enemy of greedy ingame shops. Fallout76 is the best example. Remember that in the Beta there was a hidden button with "Shop".
Thats why there are no dedicated Servers. (cant apply mods if you cant host servers)
Thats why there is no custom equipment in mp. (easier to apply skins)
Just a guess but it feels like it.

Thanks that we got Bannerlord Online atleast now.

It's just as easy or easier to make skins to custom equipment. I've seen this argument before and I simply cannot fathom why you would think preset classes would make it easier for microtransactions.

*surprise* It isnt easy to mod unfinished game. Do they want new features like easily customizable skeletons and world map or “polish and finishing?” Cant have both immediately. Id rather TW continue to add new features and than call it done and put the shine on what we have now.

Last edited:
Damn, they have to fix this. The only reason I buy TW games it the amazing mods that keeps the games alive long after the devs have stopped caring about it - and unless they fix this, I doubt I'd be spending money on another TW game.

Just some thoughts about the fact that BL is still not as moddable as expected.
One of the objectives of early access game is features testing on a large scale.
So basically they need a lot of players to play vanilla version to eventually fix/tweak/improve the content as much as possible.
Solved snowballing issue is a concrete example.
There are already a lot of mods allowing so many tweaks that it may somehow limit the efficiency of EA phase.
So maybe it is preferable for TW to limit the modability for some time, so they can focus on the core game and its optimization.

Damn, they have to fix this. The only reason I buy TW games it the amazing mods that keeps the games alive long after the devs have stopped caring about it - and unless they fix this, I doubt I'd be spending money on another TW game.
Same. I think they will focus on modding after the game is officially released.

Just some thoughts about the fact that BL is still not as moddable as expected.
One of the objectives of early access game is features testing on a large scale.
So basically they need a lot of players to play vanilla version to eventually fix/tweak/improve the content as much as possible.
Solved snowballing issue is a concrete example.
There are already a lot of mods allowing so many tweaks that it may somehow limit the efficiency of EA phase.
So maybe it is preferable for TW to limit the modability for some time, so they can focus on the core game and its optimization.

The purpose of early access is to get sales money faster and deter criticism. That's all a company really cares about on that front. Allowing thousands, if not millions of random people to buy and play the game is not an effective way to find bugs. QA testers are paid professionals for a reason. In no other context would a company allow its entire userbase to test a product.

Back
Top Bottom