Users who are viewing this thread

Hello my fellow brethren,

I have been taking some healthy off-time from the TaleWorlds forums for the last couple of months, only returning a couple of times to promote our community events in the Warband multiplayer, but for the last three days as my vacation is getting closer, I’ve begun to read what’s been going on here. It’s never been more clear to me that the game development has come to a halt and the reason as to why is kept secret for unknown reasons. It’s evident from seeing the differences in communication and the relayed information from staff, whereas community members speculate rather freely that e.g. in the case of the total overhaul modding letter, the code restrictions are set in place to protect code from being used in mods prior to DLCs being released, or that the code restrictions are innocent and just there to avoid modders breaking their game copies.

Returning to the topic at hand, it's been more than a year since the initial release of Bannerlord and server files are not yet released, which has in turn caused issues for clans, regiments and communities looking to get together, grow and begin hosting proper community-hosted events. This letter is written from the perspective of a server community which had both upset and thrilled their members to venture into the medieval era and was hopeful to script and host custom servers. As of lately, we’ve come to realize that our loyalty might mean the death of us before we even get a chance to establish ourselves within the game.

Here’s a link to the letter. It spans eight pages and 3000 words, so expect a revised version in the future to make the text more compact and include overlooked content which is brought to attention.

Best regards, Emil.

re: servers, read my signature
----

I agree with most things said in your letter, tho the last list currently seems a bit...odd?
anyways, most important thing to say on the matter:
Noone that has spent a bit of time on MP is happy right now. Not the casual player, not the roleplayer, not the competitive tryhard. Custom servers would go a long way to help that situation, but they don't seem to be any priority to TaleWorlds - WHY?

re: servers, read my signature
----

I agree with most things said in your letter, tho the last list currently seems a bit...odd?
anyways, most important thing to say on the matter:
Noone that has spent a bit of time on MP is happy right now. Not the casual player, not the roleplayer, not the competitive tryhard. Custom servers would go a long way to help that situation, but they don't seem to be any priority to TaleWorlds - WHY?
Because they don't care about MP. They forgot what the NW DLC did for them years ago. How it got thousands of new players into the game including myself. They have forgotten and probably wouldn't give a **** anyways.

Also @Emil, why is there multiple things referring to SP in the last list when its supposed to be a MP letter. If thats not your intention then it might be a good idea to touch that part up since it refers to basically the list of "demands"

Speaking for both myself and Tropical_Paradise as arguably the most active NW server, I can agree with your letter. Funnily enough, it seems like we have more people on our single NW server than on all the custom Bannerlord servers combined every now and then.

Still, it's a bit of a double-hell. As modders, we can't currently provide Sword & Musket due to Taleworld's developmenthell, therefore the NW community is stuck in Warband. In serveradministration, we obviously can't transfer our communities to a non-existing new mod. Therefore, we are stuck with the same old players and principles. Every single ban for racism, excessive toxicity and whatnot kills the playerbase even further. We therefore brought in a mute-script, so we wouldn't kill off the playerbase on our own by trying to keep it as civilized as possible. We've done planes, ufos, parajumping, molotovs, working airdrops, events, animations, and dozens of other scripts. But there is just so much one can do, we have reached limits.
Tbh I think @Dejan should be and is very well aware of the situation, after all he comes from serveradministration + modding himself. He knows exactly how and why Persistent World got to a point where even releasing Persistent Kingdoms couldn't save the community. But I guess there is just so much a single person can do in his situation, especially when it comes to Taleworlds.

Last edited:
I mean lets be honest they were not ready for a 2020 release. They really should've taken some more time and provided us with something worth being in our hands. It will probably be hard to get people to give multiplayer a chance again given how mind numbingly boring it is.

Inappropriate behavior
Summer 2022 you will get custom servers until then beg TW for a server for the event you wanna host for the community.
They can hire an event manager who can host like 7,8 events a week for the community but they are -fellow humans-

Last edited by a moderator:
Also @Emil, why is there multiple things referring to SP in the last list when its supposed to be a MP letter. If thats not your intention then it might be a good idea to touch that part up since it refers to basically the list of "demands"
There are a couple of sentences in the dotted list that can absolutely be erased. However, a lot of singleplayer features, especially modding capabilities, intertwine with what we also wish for and require in the multiplayer in order to create custom and scripted servers.
Speaking for both myself and Tropical_Paradise as arguably the most active NW server, I can agree with your letter. Funnily enough, it seems like we have more people on our single NW server than on all the custom Bannerlord servers combined every now and then.

Still, it's a bit of a double-hell. As modders, we can't currently provide Sword & Musket due to Taleworld's development hell, therefore the NW community is stuck in Warband. In serveradministration, we obviously can't transfer our communities to a non-existing new mod. Therefore, we are stuck with the same old players and principles. Every single ban for racism, excessive toxicity and whatnot kills the playerbase even further. We therefore brought in a mute-script, so we wouldn't kill off the playerbase on our own by trying to keep it as civilized as possible. We've done planes, ufos, parajumping, molotovs, working airdrops, events, animations, and dozens of other scripts. But there is just so much one can do, we have reached limits.
Tbh I think @Dejan should be and is very well aware of the situation, after all he comes from serveradministration + modding himself. He knows exactly how and why Persistent World got to a point where even releasing Persistent Kingdoms couldn't save the community. But I guess there is just so much a single person can do in his situation, especially when it comes to Taleworlds.
I'm not one who're usually up-to-date with the latest S&M (I'm still getting used to the sadism & masochism-abbreviation) related news, but I think @Lucon (or some other developer) explained the development is as ready as it can get in the current state of the game, and the matter now is to actually implement all the created content into the game, and when that is made possible is entirely up to TaleWorlds.

Unfortunately, Dejan was a late addition to the team, but it would've been interesting with an analysis how the TP, PW/K, CRP, NWP, NRP, et cetera, attributed to the games success and how those server communities managed to live on for ten years by an increasing number of compromises. In the end, there is strong evidence TaleWorlds, or rather Armagan, decided to not consider the community servers a priority above the matchmaking system, aside from taking balance rework and other issues into account, leading to the current situation.
Summer 2022 you will get custom servers until then beg TW for a server for the event you wanna host for the community.
They can hire an event manager who can host like 7,8 events a week for the community but they are bunch of -fellow humans-.
That's the same way I feel about having to beg and be redirected in an eternity prior to getting a chance to host a siege event, which is actually just a passworded, or even public, ordinary server-listed repetitive and non-custom match. No admin tools (not that TW would entrust us with those) would only add to the disgraceful chaotic mess which doesn't represent our community at all. We don't know what's possible and that's precisely why TW has to take the initiative.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a couple of sentences in the dotted list that can absolutely be erased. However, a lot of singleplayer features, especially modding capabilities, intertwine with what we also wish for and require in the multiplayer in order to create custom and scripted servers.

I'm not one who're usually up-to-date with the latest S&M (I'm still getting used to the sadism & masochism-abbreviation) related news, but I think @Lucon (or some other developer) explained the development is as ready as it can get in the current state of the game, and the matter now is to actually implement all the created content into the game, and when that is made possible is entirely up to TaleWorlds.

Unfortunately, Dejan was a late addition to the team, but it would've been interesting with an analysis how the TP, PW/K, CRP, NWP, NRP, et cetera, attributed to the games success and how those server communities managed to live on for ten years by an increasing number of compromises. In the end, there is strong evidence TaleWorlds, or rather Armagan, decided to not consider the community servers a priority above the matchmaking system, aside from taking balance rework and other issues into account, leading to the current situation.

That's the same way I feel about having to beg and be redirected in an eternity prior to getting a chance to host a siege event, which is actually just a passworded, or even public, ordinary server-listed repetitive and non-custom match. No admin tools (not that TW would entrust us with those) would only add to the disgraceful chaotic mess which doesn't represent our community at all. We don't know what's possible and that's precisely why TW has to take the initiative.
In relation to S&M we are doing well but we need the Private Servers to be able to test our features. Sure we can make maps and props and uniforms but that doesn't matter if we can't test and adjust/fix the coding related features like animations and glitches

Going for e-sports through matchmaking without having custom servers is like building the roof without having the walls up. The casual scene grows competitive.

Going for e-sports through matchmaking without having custom servers is like building the roof without having the walls up. The casual scene grows competitive.
That's an excellent and true statement. They didn't need to release the matchmaking system at all upon launch, but could've implemented it closer to completion, and gained analytics from those playing on the Beta branch, via forums, or custom servers. They hurried in all departments and it just led to a broken mess which had to be fixed in every aspect, thus they probably have to discuss what to focus on on a weekly basis, and that's why we still lack a detailed public roadmap.

Back
Top Bottom