An open letter from the Kingdoms of Arda team, and the total-conversion mod community

Users who are viewing this thread

I only bought the game for the mods. Several of my friends did the same - they bought the game purely for the sake of modding potential.

Dear developers, you have implemented an original, beautiful, one of the best games of our time - please, do not use your position as a monopolist in this genre, listen to the words in this letter!

I only bought the game for the mods. Several of my friends did the same - they bought the game purely for the sake of modding potential.

Dear developers, you have implemented an original, beautiful, one of the best games of our time - please, do not use your position as a monopolist in this genre, listen to the words in this letter!
I also bought the game solely for the mods.

Hard to believe that Taleworlds can't see that supporting the modding community is the key to the game's long term success.

@ssssnake The support for modders from TW has actually taken really big strides, as I understand it since this letter was posted, a lot of issues in it have been addressed (probably not all of them though).

As always modders just cry and cry about everything, its the same in every game...
They are also really good about time and money; makes a lot of sense to spend 10 years doing free videogame DLCs in your mom's second basement with a loose group of faceless Internet people to then put it on NexusMods to give them ad revenue based on tenuous copyright infringement and enjoy all the fun selfish-mod diva references and y no wimrar wrok in your inbox as payment knowing that your are one DMCA letter or Kotaku listicle away from getting the boot, while you fight with uncooperative tools and see "content" "creators" making drawn-out 10:01 minute videos from their second Ferrari.

Really makes you think. ?

Every modder but Madvader is a reasonable and kind individual.
*sad unkind noises*
They are also really good about time and money; makes a lot of sense to spend 10 years doing free videogame DLCs in your mom's second basement with a loose group of faceless Internet people to then put it on NexusMods to give them ad revenue based on tenuous copyright infringement
If you are bored of being a non-millionaire, team up with people like you and make a better Mount and Blade.

@ssssnake The support for modders from TW has actually taken really big strides, as I understand it since this letter was posted, a lot of issues in it have been addressed (probably not all of them though).
From my understanding all the modding limitations from the restricted flags were removed (or near enough all).

The only challenges remaining are the lack of documentation (which is sort of understandable during EA when things can change) and the lack of Steam workshop support.

Every modder but Madvader is a reasonable and kind individual.
I don't say modders is not kind or reasonable, I am just seing on every game that offers modsupport there is always some issues with the developers (according to the modders), and it is kinda tireing to see.

I love mods and modders but please realise that the developers dont force you to mod, if you don't like it don't do it.

Last edited:
I don't say modders is not kind or reasonable, I am just seing on every game that offers modsupport there is always some issues with the developers, and it is kinda tireing to see.

I love mods and modders but please realise that the developers dont force you to mod, if you don't like it don't do it.
Bannerlord is in Early Access. Taleworlds are hunting bugs and stabilising performance over a wide range of hardware while completing remaining features in their roadmaps. The game is intended to be played and modded. Because it's not finished as well as playing bugs there are modding bugs. Taleworlds want feedback on both types of problem. I agree that such feedback should be constructive and civil.

Bannerlord is in Early Access. Taleworlds are hunting bugs and stabilising performance over a wide range of hardware while completing remaining features in their roadmaps. The game is intended to be played and modded. Because it's not finished as well as playing bugs there are modding bugs. Taleworlds want feedback on both types of problem. I agree that such feedback should be constructive and civil.
From what I understand, the problem isn't the Early Access status. The problem is their behavior towards modders:

Well... We do have proof of this claim which happened not so long ago to a modder. Whether what he did was legal or not is another matter - how TW reacted this is another. And you can clearly see that TW was sad like a 5 years old kid.

Anyway, I'm done with modding. I will release one last thing because I promised to some people and don't want to waste their efforts but apart from that, I'm done with modding to this game.
With these latest arrogant actions, Taleworlds proved that they are not willing to help out their modders - modders who are making this piece of misery somewhat playable. Adding more internal keywords to code and explaining this has been done for consistency is beyond being pathetic. TW is unaware of how modding works or doesn't know their own inconsistent crappy codebase. In either way, the overall approach of TW is not friendly. I'm personally not okay with making something for a company that doesn't give a jack about the modders and blocks them but still takes the sweet credit and AAA price out of it.

I also bought the game solely for the mods.

Hard to believe that Taleworlds can't see that supporting the modding community is the key to the game's long term success.
I think the same. Also i am not mod-maker, also in warband i played nearly only mods since those were playable/testable.
Mainly ''1257'' and ''crpg'' but also tried others.
So here i 'play' momentary vanilla bannerlord but i hope really it is soon possible for the modders to make something at least for the first testplaying. But it seems still very difficult. *hopes*

It's difficult to know what to think about the @MisterOutofTime thread especially as we will never hear the TW side of events. All I can say is its interpretation is entirely inconsistent with my dealings with TW Devs on single player modding.
Not hearing from them somewhat 'speaks' for itself. It would be wise to address this publicly

Back
Top Bottom