An Idea for the UE

Users who are viewing this thread

Lycaon

Regular
Well, I've been lurking here for a long, long time (since .632 I believe), and remember the good old' days when the UE was the one and only tool for modding.

Now, I'm not saying that it's a bad thing that Effidan left it behind -- doing so encourages more people to pick up programming, however sometimes people just want to screw around with (smaller) ideas, and using the module system, recompiling, etc can be a *****.
At first, thinking myself rather handy with string manipulation in C++, I was going to get the latest module system (haven't tried it -- yet) and do some fancy interpretation of tupples, etc as to read in data, instead of simply reading in the compiled files. Then I realised something: I have almost no knowledge of decent looking GUI programming. Sure, I can do pretty complex TUI's and maybe TKinter, but we all know how ugly that is :razz:

So, instead I figured I'd take a look at the old Unofficial Editors source code, and replace the input routines with some of my own that interpret Python data instead. Naturally, when I do this a lot of the new features, and perhaps some of the old, wont be implemented properly, so I'll still need to do some modification -- hopefully not much, but hey :wink:. At the moment though, I'm in need of the source for Effidan's UE... I don't have SVN access here, and the http link isn't working either - is anyone willing to upload it elsewhere?

I'm going camping tomorrow also, so even with the source, I wont properly be able to start for a while.

So, any thoughts?

Well some fellow developed a working items editor for .89x, but then he vanished. As someone who can only model, somthing along these likes would be hugely handy.

The UE uses .NET, so the gui is fairly easy to modify.

I still have the source lying around somewhere, but don't have any web hosting at the moment (Had some server issues).  Once its back up I might try set up an SVN repo for it again.

Did you check this out?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,19866.msg0.html#new

Back
Top Bottom