An idea and poll about Traits.

Do you agree with the idea of trajectory instead of absolute Trait Score?

• Yes, trajectory sounds better.

Votes: 30 88.2%
  • No, I prefer trait score.

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

As it currently stands, in character creation the most valuable choice in any of the pages is "Treated people well" because it gives you three positive traits right off the bat. It's really weird that none of the other choices give you more than one on that page. That one choice saves you an unthinkable amount of grinding to unlock those traits. I think in all of my playthroughs I have only ever unlocked one trait I didn't start with and that was Daring while solo trading in a game where I kept being attacked by looters.

@Apocal

First our priorities,deleting Khuzait from the game.
Then we can get traits in,but first Khuzait should be replaced by Aserai like faction or Imperial.

There's no coming back from that,Khuzait blocks 90% of the playerbase from enjoying the game!
Nobody in this game,unmodded that is,has said!
WOOOO we're going to smash Khuzait.
They only go "Khuzait?Maybe I'll play something else,a new campaign sounds good"
Well, I can't say I haven't seen a lot of complaints from players, but I don't think removing, drastically altering or nerfing the Khuzaits (even more) will help anything. All that needed is to improve the aiming of ranged units so they can more effectively shoot down circling AI HA. Cav should also be more effective in general but that's another topic (this is already off topic). As is, you need to go out of you way in positioning to have ranged shoot down the HA formation ( as they mostly can only shoot thing moving strait to them)and I agree it sucks and is above the skill ceiling of many players. I know players stamp thier feet and go "oh no it's just the khuzaits are OP blah blbah blah" but I have to ask, how much have you fought the Aserai? Aserai can be very difficult to deal with too and for many of the same reasons. Making all the factions push over like empires, sturgia and battania isn't really going to improve the game.

I ruined Khuzaits in my campaign i became a vassal of Vhlandia took my army over to the Khuzaits and started beheading the weaker armies leaders then the Empire started to win more against them . But i took a massive rep loss.

@Apocal

First our priorities,deleting Khuzait from the game.
Then we can get traits in,but first Khuzait should be replaced by Aserai like faction or Imperial.

There's no coming back from that,Khuzait blocks 90% of the playerbase from enjoying the game!
Nobody in this game,unmodded that is,has said!
WOOOO we're going to smash Khuzait.
They only go "Khuzait?Maybe I'll play something else,a new campaign sounds good"
I like fighting the khuzait, this is the only enemy that requires a different tactic and army composition, that said, I wouldn’t mind a penalty for siege battle simulation or extra negative culture penalty for newly conquered settlements. This would hopefully work to keep them from expanding to much while keeping them dangerous in the field.

Evidenlty I'm half of the outliers.

I voted score, but I'd prefer both.

You get some credit for working towards having a Trait, and get more credit for having the Trait.

So, "Why not both?" for me.

It would be good it traits were like special perks that gave you and ncp's special options that help reflect the personality of the person. Brave could give you option to challenge to duel or Evil could give you the execution ability . This would make each ncp and character special . the traits at the moment are pointless.
This, giving a bonus conversation option at times, or affecting trade prices or recruitment costs. Traits should do something, right now idk what they do, I'm just trying to get them for the hell of it.

I downloaded Show Trait Exp from nexus released today, just out of curiosity because I had never given this much thought.

I just started a new campaign, went did a "we're too poor and we need grain please save us" quest. The rewards were 40 mercy and 40 honor points. The amount of points needed to get the traits is 4000. Has anyone ever beaten 100 quests in one playthrough? Not even when I first got the game and playing noobily I did so many quests.

And they barely have any effect lol, do the devs actually play the game?

I downloaded Show Trait Exp from nexus released today, just out of curiosity because I had never given this much thought.

I just started a new campaign, went did a "we're too poor and we need grain please save us" quest. The rewards were 40 mercy and 40 honor points. The amount of points needed to get the traits is 4000. Has anyone ever beaten 100 quests in one playthrough?
giphy.gif

Okay nevermind I read that wrong, it is actually 1000.

5Kichrt.png

At 30 honor per quest though, having to beat quests 30 times might as well just be 100, either number is far too high for how little use this system has.

Really hope they revise it at some point.

EDIT:

Did the "our guys need access to [village name] commons", I don't remember if you can persuade the peasants to let your guys use the pastures or not, I ended up having to attack them and lost 20 mercy.

QGLMWUk.png

Yeah, it really is a huge, careful grind to get those stats, this just isn't worth it. Revise the whole thing pl0x

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom