An honest critique

Users who are viewing this thread

Coderbob0101

Recruit
TW has created an awesome game, all the props in the world.

However, I have to agree with the modding community criticisms. Look, TW is just hindering the modding community at this point and they are doing the most important work to the game right now. Breaking mods with a tiny update? That's just insane. At very least wait on non-game breaking bugs for larger less frequent updates. I have patience, I can come back 1-2 years from now when TW is done frequently updating the game. I just hope they don't piss off too many modders in the interim.

I just hope they don't piss off too many modders in the interim.
Who cares?

It's the Taleworld job's to keep updating the game until it's final release, they said since the beggining that Mods wouldn't go well along with the patches and that by use them you're at your own risk.

Mods usually works best wen it's final release, everyone knows that

lol yes they are
He was not.
Who cares?

It's the Taleworld job's to keep updating the game until it's final release, they said since the beggining that Mods wouldn't go well along with the patches and that by use them you're at your own risk.

Mods usually works best wen it's final release, everyone knows that

Lot of people? Most of the people don't play those games Vanilla. It's not like TW doesn't know about that.

And again, the patching history of this game is not TW adding an endless stream of features with people in awe or modders having trouble to keep up. It's basically adding a small feature from time to time with lot of corrections for bug introduced in previous patches.

When a patch changes the data model in xml it just shows than those changes were not planned from the beginning nothing else.

You can right click the game in your steam library, go to properties, betas and select an older version of the game that works with your mods. If you want to wait for a larger amount of changes before switching from a version that works for you and your setup, you can do so. (It goes back to e1.1.1.)

TW has created an awesome game, all the props in the world.

However, I have to agree with the modding community criticisms. Look, TW is just hindering the modding community at this point and they are doing the most important work to the game right now. Breaking mods with a tiny update? That's just insane. At very least wait on non-game breaking bugs for larger less frequent updates. I have patience, I can come back 1-2 years from now when TW is done frequently updating the game. I just hope they don't piss off too many modders in the interim.
All of these fixes need to be tested though, it's much better to have trickle of things to fix then have a huge update every 3 months that will have hundreds of bugs and crashes all together. Did you know that it depends on reports from players to find many of the bugs and crashes?
Have you ever looked at these forums and seen the number of reports and issues each update?
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/singleplayer.658/
Many players want to try any new change ASAP too and it benefits development that they do so.
You can revert to any older version you wish for using mods, you have nothing to complain about and your criticism fails.

That's why I m staying in 1.6.1,as a mod user I prefer an older version of the game but full of Mods than a newer version without Mods. Especially since lately patches haven't brought big changes. You are not obligated to use the newest version of the game.

People complaining about mods in an Early access game never ceases to amaze me. Revert to an earlier version of the game and play your mod. Thats the end of it.

If you mod this game then you know that you will have to update your mod many many many times during EA.

That's just how it is ... and it's to be expected.

So just use an older version that works with your mods... and maybe update less often. Like Duh said..... Or come back in a few months and reassess.

The vast majority of people on the forums are very happy with regular game-improving updates.

People complain when they don't drop patches fast enough.
Nah, some people just start to get their expectations higher when they take too long, people then complain about the context of the said update when they release it. Most of the people here would choose larger but better managed patches instead of small ones which also break stuff imo.

Edit: I don't mean that if they took longer, the patches would be in better shape, I don't know what the heck they are doing but I don't think they have an internal testing team, it just seems they are using us as "free testers" or testers who paid to be testers, I don't know, you could call it whatever you want.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom