An excellent review I found on steam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Ralepozozaxe

Regular
By: Fleur

Runs consistently at a silky smooth, cinematic 16 FPS. The game will automatically decide when it's time for a break and send you to the desktop for a rest. 80% of the superfluous content from Brytenwalda was excised for your benefit, leaving a sleek and streamlined arsenal of up to two weapons and three different armours (the latter mostly made out of discarded badminton birdies (they censored shuttle♥♥♥♥♥)). Much of this was done in the service of abolishing anachronistic and ahistorical elements and gear like two-handed axes and cultural variations on clothing and armour.

This DLC's dedication to historical accuracy reaches never-before-seen heights: Denmark alone has three entire fully modelled villages and one town, and this DLC contains the as of yet most realistic and gripping depiction of Viking Age bridge trolls ever featured in a video game. Even more, your save file will at times randomly and inexplicably expire (possibly of a now-easily cured illness), forcing you to start over with a new character just like in the Dark Ages. And I haven't even mentioned how closely it depicts the viking custom of never under any circumstances abandoing a boat, leaving any unwary player that adds a slow vessel to their fleet to be overrun by the marauding vegetable farmers of the English Channel. This review is only a taste of what Viking Conquest has to offer; the full experience is more baffling and awe-inspiring than words can describe. See for yourself.

9.8/10 the boats are fine, I guess

Ralepozozaxe said:
By: Fleur

Runs consistently at a silky smooth, cinematic 16 FPS. The game will automatically decide when it's time for a break and send you to the desktop for a rest. 80% of the superfluous content from Brytenwalda was excised for your benefit, leaving a sleek and streamlined arsenal of up to two weapons and three different armours (the latter mostly made out of discarded badminton birdies (they censored shuttle♥♥♥♥♥)). Much of this was done in the service of abolishing anachronistic and ahistorical elements and gear like two-handed axes and cultural variations on clothing and armour.

This DLC's dedication to historical accuracy reaches never-before-seen heights: Denmark alone has three entire fully modelled villages and one town, and this DLC contains the as of yet most realistic and gripping depiction of Viking Age bridge trolls ever featured in a video game. Even more, your save file will at times randomly and inexplicably expire (possibly of a now-easily cured illness), forcing you to start over with a new character just like in the Dark Ages. And I haven't even mentioned how closely it depicts the viking custom of never under any circumstances abandoing a boat, leaving any unwary player that adds a slow vessel to their fleet to be overrun by the marauding vegetable farmers of the English Channel. This review is only a taste of what Viking Conquest has to offer; the full experience is more baffling and awe-inspiring than words can describe. See for yourself.

9.8/10 the boats are fine, I guess
I'm curious about the 16 FPS. What caused it? Was his graphic and battle size too high? Or is there another problem?

Back
Top Bottom