An apology

Users who are viewing this thread

First, I just want to say that I am sorry to all the people that were helping Gilrain and I work on both BoW and BoWX last year.  After Gilrain disappeared, my life kind of went to ****.  Divorce, no internet for a while and since my new ex-wife worked at the same place as I, trouble at the job all combined to really make things a ***** for a while.  I now have a new wife, new house and a new job so things are not quite so hectic any more (except for work of course).

To all that were eagerly awaiting the next/future versions of BoW and/or BoWX, I would also like to apologize.

To fisheye: sorry for dropping the ball with this excellent mod and with the forum.  I see that it still lists Gilrain and I as moderators.

I still have all of the resources that were in development for the next version of BoW and have thought of updating/releasing what we have but if anyone else is working on BoW now and would like to have them, just give me a shout and I'll send you what I have.

Again, a thousand apologies for disappearing, especially to those who put so much work into the new stuff we were going to release...  You know who you are...

NC

NCrawler said:
First, I just want to say that I am sorry to all the people that were helping Gilrain and I work on both BoW and BoWX last year.  After Gilrain disappeared, my life kind of went to ****.  Divorce, no internet for a while and since my new ex-wife worked at the same place as I, trouble at the job all combined to really make things a ***** for a while.  I now have a new wife, new house and a new job so things are not quite so hectic any more (except for work of course).

ROFL that was a quick turnover of spouse, house, and job! Nice! You sure you didn't just steal somebody else's body?!

mfberg did the port to 1.011, I don't think it's a total port but like 90% of the features are in there. You should contact mfberg directly if you want to contribute the stuff you got or maybe incorporate it and release BOWX for 1.011. Either way, I don't think there's anyone actively developing this mod right now. The code is there for anyone to pick up if they're interested, there's no ownership issue.

Please, no need for an apology, instead accept our thanks for the amazing work that you've done, and the entertainment you've brought us. BOW X has been one of my favorite gaming experiences of... well, ever, to be flat out honest. There's no way you should be apologizing for taking time for your personal life, and not accepting accolades for what you've given us.

That said, I really do have my fingers crossed that this mod will see a full 1.011 release someday. Mfberg has done great work so far, but the last release of BOW X was... epic. it'd be a shame not to see the full thing released again.

But - do what's right for your life, first and foremost. :smile:

Great to see ya back NCrawler, was worried about you, and am sorry to hear about all the **** in your life :sad: Hope things are some way back to being good again!
And on the note of Gilrain, any idea what has happened to him? I have tried pm'ing him and emailing him, but no response :sad: Am truly worried about him :s

Corvus said:
And on the note of Gilrain, any idea what has happened to him? I have tried pm'ing him and emailing him, but no response :sad: Am truly worried about him :s

He disappeared for a long time, but apparently he recently posted here:

Gilrain said:
saxondragon, Hobilar was an incarnation of me as I haven't been in here for a while and couldn't remember my password/e-mail address registered, but all sorted out now :grin:  I have a save game if you want.

EDIT: No tweaks to the game, no additional mods running.  Actually running on DX7 as well as haven't got around to adjusting the materials in the game to stop my heavy black shadows on items, before reverting to DX9.

Also @ Ncrawler's reappearance - ditto on the compliments and rejoicing and stuff. An apology wasn't necessary - you've done so much for the community and this mod... Hopefully we can see a BoW bigger and better than ever!  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom