An apology.

Users who are viewing this thread

๖Kern

Grandmaster Knight
I intended to post this apology right after I was contacted by Charlini, but I figured out it would be for the best that I wait until the immediate effects of revealing of what I did weaken.

• For those of you, who do not know and weren't informed. I was caught red-handed cheating in WBMM thanks to a screenshot. I used an HP bar hack, which essentially worked as a wallhack too. I fell for cheats after 8 years of legitimate playing and there's not much I can explain, I did what I did for selfish reasons and I didn't think of the impact it had on other people. I damaged the community I've loved and of which I have been a member of for quite some time and I will never be able to scour the black stain on my name. Yet, my conscience won't allow me to just let it go as it is now without an apology.
  • I realise what I did and I am sincerely and tremendously sorry for my wrongdoing. I always tried to be an honourable member of the community but I failed, I can just hope that others won't do the same mistake I did.

Still, my biggest sorry goes to Unity, into which I have been accepted for BCM before I was banned. I failed their trust and even though the members I was in contact with took it with peace, something broke in me when I told them what I did.

You were involved in the native community, hosted two successful tournaments and always (mostly) acted nice when I got the occasion to see you interacting with other people in the community. This is what probably saddens me the most. That one or two new players eager to quickly make their way to the top cheated doesn't surprise me and I don't really care to be honest. But I never would have expected that from you.

With that being said, people who have actively and purposely tried to damage the community have been allowed back in it, so I suppose time will tell.

We weren't friends but I always thought positively for you. You seemed like a nice person. But I believe if someone cheats once, he or she will do that occasionally. There is no point to be sorry at this time. Maybe if you were a child. But you are not...

The whole try hard hunt already doesn't make any sense to me. Therefore cheating doesn't make any sense to me either. You just destroyed your own fun. I certainly don't appreciate cheating but there are other things which I consider as more important.
What I disliked much more is the fact that you accused others for cheating and even banned them from your tournament.
You apologized to Unity. But actually Unity had no problem to get far also without you. But Anubis couldn't defend himself that well. He (most likely) never cheated, at least there was no solid evidence for it and his reputation got destroyed by those accusations. Did you already apologize to him too?

OliESC said:
The whole try hard hunt already doesn't make any sense to me. Therefore cheating doesn't make any sense to me either. You just destroyed your own fun. I certainly don't appreciate cheating but there are other things which I consider as more important.
What I disliked much more is the fact that you accused others for cheating and even banned them from your tournament.
You apologized to Unity. But actually Unity had no problem to get far also without you. But Anubis couldn't defend himself that well. He (most likely) never cheated, at least there was no solid evidence for it and his reputation got destroyed by those accusations. Did you already apologize to him too?
I've never doubted that Unity will get far, they are one of the top teams after all, but that is irrelevant because this isn't about their performance, this is about me failing their trust.

Just to make it clear. I've actually been given a lot of information concerning Anubis' case, together with gifs, statistics and so on. I have based my decision on that and he has been banned for the duration of WBL. He was later allowed to play in other tournaments. It wasn't me who ruined his reputation though and if you'd followed thoroughly, you would have known.

If only it was just a cheat with healthbars and wallhack.
Sadly it has an aimbot and an autoblock included as well. Stilly lying to us.
Jog on lad.

Razer' said:
If only it was just a cheat with healthbars and wallhack.
Sadly it has an aimbot and an autoblock included as well. Stilly lying to us.
Jog on lad.

Cavalry with aimbot? And I am far from being a top blocking player, so no?

The community is known to co-operate with people that DDoS, Cheat, Lie and harm the scene in many different ways so I suppose you will fit right in. Pretty sad though.

๖Kern said:
I intended to post this apology right after I was contacted by Charlini, but I figured out it would be for the best that I wait until the immediate effects of revealing of what I did weaken.

• For those of you, who do not know and weren't informed. I was caught red-handed cheating in WBMM thanks to a screenshot. I used an HP bar hack, which essentially worked as a wallhack too. I fell for cheats after 8 years of legitimate playing and there's not much I can explain, I did what I did for selfish reasons and I didn't think of the impact it had on other people. I damaged the community I've loved and of which I have been a member of for quite some time and I will never be able to scour the black stain on my name. Yet, my conscience won't allow me to just let it go as it is now without an apology.
  • I realise what I did and I am sincerely and tremendously sorry for my wrongdoing. I always tried to be an honourable member of the community but I failed, I can just hope that others won't do the same mistake I did.

Still, my biggest sorry goes to Unity, into which I have been accepted for BCM before I was banned. I failed their trust and even though the members I was in contact with took it with peace, something broke in me when I told them what I did.
It's good that you apologized for all this. But usually after this there is no sense to apologize.
"cheating" this is the biggest sin in the gaming industry. it's not clear what you were thinking about...

๖Kern said:
Just to make it clear. I've actually been given a lot of information concerning Anubis' case, together with gifs, statistics and so on. I have based my decision on that and he has been banned for the duration of WBL. He was later allowed to play in other tournaments. It wasn't me who ruined his reputation though and if you'd followed thoroughly, you would have known.
I had read the whole thing and in the end the evidence didn't proof without reasonable doubt that he was really cheating. Otherwise he would have been banned in the following tournaments. But he was not so far I know.
But I get it, you don't want to apologize and you still think he cheated more than you did.. alright, interesting way to deal with it.

OliESC said:
๖Kern said:
I had read the whole thing and in the end the evidence didn't proof without reasonable doubt that he was really cheating. Otherwise he would have been banned in the following tournaments. But he was not so far I know.
But I get it, you don't want to apologize and you still think he cheated more than you did.. alright, interesting way to deal with it.

Anubis was unbanned on the demand that he either records all his matches or uses MOSS. You could easily read this before spreading misinformation. So far Anubis has recorded all his matches.

Back
Top Bottom