MP Musket Era American revolution multiplayer mod (need help please read)

Users who are viewing this thread

pod455

Squire
Hello to people reading this,

I have a idea for a mod but all I need is a team to help me make it. I need pretty much everything that means coder and scripter, mapper and modeler etc. The idea for the mod is the American revolution, it will be like Mount and Musket with Muskets, cannons (later on in development), cavalry, linebattles etc. I would like to make a mod on this war because its one of my favorite time periods and I have not seen any other mods besides singleplayer on this war.

If you are interested reply to this post and I will try to get back to you. Please say what you would like to be e.g modeler, coder and scripter mapper,tester. (you can be more than 1 if you would like to.

If you can not do this, can you try and get someone that can, thank you.

Thank you for reading this.

First off, welcome.

Second, ideas go here.

Third, unless you show some skills you have, hardly anyone will be willing to join you. And no one, NO ONE will make a mod for you.

Read, learn, practice, start small, read more, learn more, develop further...And so on.

If you're interested in how to do things, and do them properly, read here.

I'd suggest you start with modelling. It's fairly easy, and you have to invest nothing more than time in it.

I need pretty much everything that means coder and scripter (that's the same thing, for future reference), mapper and modeler etc.

Implied to me you actually didn't know how to do anything. Since you missed texturing, I suppose that's your craft.

Either way, still, there's a proper section for suggestions, which would be the first sticky on the board (threads up above), and the fact that unless you show some progress, your proposition will be viewed as more of a request, rather than an invitation, still remain.

There's already American revolution mod, why don't you try to help people working on it instead of making another one? It's SP at the moment but hopefully it'll be MP as well.

pod455 said:
I am not asking for people to make a mod for me and i asking for help to make a mod with me.
Except you don't have any modding experience so anybody who joins you would be doing all the work. So really, it is asking people to make the mod for you. Which won't happen. Sorry, it's the truth.

The best way to get your own mod started is to,
1.Learn at least one modding skill(modeling, animating, coding, etc) and practice it
2.Join someone else's mod so you get more practice on your chosen skill and an idea of how a MB Modding team works
3.Repeat step 2 several times
4.You're now ready to start a mod. You have the experience of being in a team and you should be very skilled at the skill(s) you've chosen. Since you have this experience, people are more likely to join you and the mod is more likely to succeed.

Good luck :smile:

The 1776 mod is not going to do multiplayer because of some rude people on the forums. So he can make this. I support this but only with historical advice and shizzle. I have no skills in modeling or coding :l

Good luck

marchal davout said:
The 1776 mod is not going to do multiplayer because of some rude people on the forums. So he can make this. I support this but only with historical advice and shizzle. I have no skills in modeling or coding :l

Good luck

:shock: ?

Ah, thhe marvels of the internet... it never ceases to be an endless source of wonder, and more profane WTF!-moments as well. :wink:

GABRILDURO said:
marchal davout said:

Good luck

you told me no because of that post you put on the multiplayer thread

marchal davout said:
GABRILDURO said:
marchal davout said:

Good luck

Hah! Marshal, Marshal.....then it  actually seems that I was not"rude" but RIGHT, huh??  :roll:

pod455, sorry for entering your Thread, but I agree on what ppl up above said....all true things.
Gab

GABRILDURO said:
marchal davout said:
GABRILDURO said:
marchal davout said:

Good luck

Hah! Marshal, Marshal.....then it  actually seems that I was not"rude" but RIGHT, huh??  :roll:

pod455, sorry for entering your Thread, but I agree on what ppl up above said....all true things.
Gab
i didnt say you was rude, i said other people demanding for multiplayer were rude. So becuase of that you said no to it

hello everyone,

Poomtang the link for me always is saying 404 not found. (yes i know what that is). can you resend the link plz, thank you.

Best thing to do, if you want the models and textures from 1776, just download the mod from the M&B repository, take out the models and textures, that I made for that mod, get a copy of AOFI, replace all of their models and textures with the 1776 ones, it already has a multi player code, after a bit of messing around maybe a few hours' work, re-naming with troop editor and morghs editor, you'll have a very good Revolutionary war multi play mod probably within a day. Job done, you are more than welcome to use the models and textures, have fun and good luck, I hope it works out for you, if you have any problems just ask here, there are a lot of capable people here who can answer all of your questions a lot better than me, just remember stick at it and be positive.

regards

Poomtang

Yep, it just keeps saying 404. Poomtang maybe a direct download might work. (sorry for the trouble) Im just trying to get the idea off the ground.

Back
Top Bottom