Resolved AMD ZEN3 5000series CPU will freeze screen in 1.6&1.61 on the battle of a thousand men(4guys same situation as me)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.6.0.e1.6.1.
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

ManfredGy

Recruit
Computer specifications:
Operating system: Windows 10
Mainboard: ASUS TUF GAMING B550M PLUS(wifi)
CPU: AMD ZEN3 5900X
Memory: Acer B-DIE 16G*2 3800Mhz, FCLK 1900Mhz
Graphics card: ASUS Tuf 3070ti
Dard disk: Western Digital 1T SSD NVME M.2

There has been screen freeze on the battle, which has not been resolved after recent update(1.61bate).

Abstract: the game is frozen when the battle of a thousand men begins, and a high frequency kill display appears in the upper right corner.

How to reappear: enter custom combat, 500 vs 500, and close combat with soldiers happens regularly. The image is set low or medium or high to reproduce this freeze. The game screen will be stuck with purely background sound. I have to Alt+F4 to close the window and afterwards closing mblauncher via task manager.

Add: when I go back to 1.59

The problem did not occur!!!

I guess this is a 1.6.0 problem. Also the 1.6.1 new version still does not fix the problem. I hope the official can fix it as soon as possible, which will greatly affect the game experience now. Literally the game is dead for me. I can't play the new version of the game now. (I found 4guys on another forum who were in the same situation as me using the AMD ZEN3 5000series CPU, Maybe this is a helpful clue)

Using common issues and workarounds is still unsolved. I confirm that I have installed all patches and runtime -- Graphics card Driver, Bios version, Windows runtime all of them have been already up to date.

honestly wish can play 1.6 & 1.61 new version smoothly.

Thank you for the efforts of all official partners. I support you as always!

Last edited:
For the same problem, there is no error prompt, and the task manager can only be closed, so the error code cannot be provided. It is recommended that the official check what programs have been added in versions above 1.6 to cause the game to close.

F7fDiTOEPUwH18g.jpg

It is the moment of the frozen screen happened without error prompt. And this is an inevitable crash in every battle, not a random one, which didn't occur in 1.59 or eailer version. Sinserely hope official fix the problem. Apprecaite it a lot in advance!

Last edited:
Hello, i have informed the devs about the issue. Thank you for reporting it in.
this is another case from my mate, 5900X+ 3080TI , motherboard is Asus X570e, same problem happened both 1.6.0 1.6.1, has not been solved so far, return back to 1.5.10, then Everything is all right.

Same here
CPU: 5800x
MB: Aorus elite x570
GPU: RTX 3070
RAM: 32 GB 3200MHz CL16
The funny part is that it worked on the same version (1.6.0) on the same windows install before i have upgraded my CPU MB and RAM
Previous setup
CPU: I7 7700k
RAM: 16GB 3000MHZ CL16,
MB: MSI z270 Tomahawk
Same GPU and other stuff
It doesnt crash in small battles like 50 vs 50, but on 150vs150 and more it will crash for sure

I've played around and capped my fps to 25 by RivaTuner Statistics Server and i managed to play the battle 3 of 3 times, then i capped my fps to 60 and it froze when the armies have clashed. It look like it might be engine/physic related instead of hardware in particular but more testing is definitely required.
It looks like 30 fps is the "sweet spot" to complete the battle and above will freez.
At 35 it freezes after about 30-50 deaths
at 40 it freezes after about 20-40 deaths
at 50-60 it freezes about 0-3 deaths
It look like graphic settings don't really matter (at least for me). I think the army count is also important here but how fps/number of units affect the situation requires testing. All my battles were played in custom battle 1st map 500vs500 pure empire defualt cavarly unit (no throwing weapons, only lances and swords.)

Last edited:
ryzen7 3800x
an hour of testing 1.6.2
tried capping fps. locked it at 15 via game config file. 1st horse archer battle, surprisingly, went well. 2nd,.after few arrows in the sky (thats the way I found to increase freeze probability), it froze. So, it may lower the probability but eventually it will freeze nonetheless
locked half of cores. froze
turned off SMT. froze
SVM on. froze
...back to1.5.10
I hope the changes implemented in 1.6.x were worth it :twisted:
writing here since my thread is ignored by staff.

What's even more funny is that i can complete 500 v 500 horse archer battle without fps cap. It looks like my issue is caused by units clashing in mele as infantry battles will freez for me as well

I've played around and capped my fps to 25 by RivaTuner Statistics Server and i managed to play the battle 3 of 3 times, then i capped my fps to 60 and it froze when the armies have clashed. It look like it might be engine/physic related instead of hardware in particular but more testing is definitely required.
It looks like 30 fps is the "sweet spot" to complete the battle and above will freez.
It look like graphic settings don't really matter (at least for me). I think the army count is also important here but how fps/number of units affect the situation requires testing. All my battles were played in custom battle 1st map 500vs500 pure empire defualt cavarly unit (no throwing weapons, only lances and swords.)
Your test is meaningful i have played following your way. When i cappd fps to 60 the battle will still freeze. But when it drops below 40, the freezing disappeared as your saying

How can I fix the problem dude

try shooting in the sky as temun
I can do this all day long. Even on uncapped fps it won't crash as long as i won't charge my horse archers into enemy horse archers which will cause huge mele clash - that's what freezes the game for me. I'm sure projectiles don't cause my freeze.

I can do this all day long. Even on uncapped fps it won't crash as long as i won't charge my horse archers into enemy horse archers which will cause huge mele clash - that's what freezes the game for me. I'm sure projectiles don't cause my freeze.
thats frustrating. not only you should have a freeze, but also you should have right kind of freeze ?

But then, I only discovered that it freezes me certainly while shooting in the sky, when i had no idea what exactly causes this freeze. Maybe melee also causes this in my case, just very random and impossible to trace.

So, if this is reproducible in your case and you have time and curiousity ?, I suggest that you download the telemetry version (perf test), record the moments before freeze and upload the resulting file to their server here. When i did it in my case, I had trouble with file size (it seems to contain every action of every unit etc.) so the recording should be very precise. Say, some tens of seconds of 1000 men fighting might be too much. Its more like start record in the middle of fight, few seconds, freeze, ctrl-alt-delete end task, done. paste this thread link as description. I hope recording of this freeze (not related to shooting arrows) might help devs to identify the problem

Back
Top Bottom