Ambush And Camp Mechanic ( with demo )

Users who are viewing this thread

Bloc

Archduke
WB
There is some ai choke points in the map if i remember correctly (for catching caravans etc). If Taleworlds ever wanted to implement Ambush mechanics they could limit this mechanic to that points of the map so it will not break the current balance of the game.
I'm not sure if this one is required. As we listed above there are a lot of ways to actually balance the mechanic. I think making chokepoints valuable for these kind of stuff is one of the "pros" of the mechanic, if player or AI can utilize it properly.
I also think balance shouldn't be a drive-away factor for Taleworlds, while we know that half of the features in the game are not balanced or simply favors the player anyway. They can always polish it as long as they want to make it happen.

Maybe they should give this task to whoever implemented extremely important Barber feature so that he/she can add this to game as well. Because when game comes out of EA, it's very unlikely that we will see any new feature.

Hardmode Fan

Recruit
MOD is awesome,you added new gameplay mechanic. THank you, this will enlighten community in some sort.

One question. Did you add line of sight to AI ? From the video i see AI is blind and unable until they have sight on you?

Bloc

Archduke
WB
Did you add line of sight to AI ? From the video i see AI is blind and unable until they have sight on you?
Yes, they are unaware of your existence in the area until they spot your soldiers and this allows you to sneak and reposition your soldiers before launching an attack. And at night, this "detection" sight range is even shorter.

Top Bottom