In Progress Ambient sounds not playing in MP

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded
Summary: Ambient and master sound doesn't play in MP scenes. Only exception are weather sounds made when you turn on rain/snow in the sceneoptions menu.
How to Reproduce: Add a sound to MP scene, play the scene.
Scene Name (if related): All of them
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVDA GTX 1080
GPU Driver Version:
CPU: i-7 6700k
RAM: 32GB
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Hey, do you experience this issue in all MP scenes or is there a specific scene with this issue? Please try verifying the integrity of the game files to see if this will help with the issue.

Yes, this is all MP scenes, and this has been an outstanding issue at least since September/October. Numerous other people have mentioned it in the modding discord, I'm just the first one to make a bug report about it since it wasn't getting fixed in subsequent patches. It should be trivial to replicate in one of two ways:

1) Make an MP scene in the editor, add an ambient sound effect (or a master sound effect), put the scene on a server, and play on it. You won't hear the sounds.

2) Alternatively, have someone in QA look at the MP scenes which already exist in the editor and search for where ambient sounds have been placed, then go stand in those areas on an MP server and you will see they don't play. Also, the scene makers themselves should be able to pretty easily determine that the sounds they put in their scenes aren't working the way they should be.

For example, after verifying integrity of game files just now I hopped on TW official MP servers and saw that Azar Stronghold (mp_siege_map_009) should have 'desert_ambient_sound' playing, but is instead silent.

Let me know if you have any other questions or would like to discuss further.

Last edited:
Hey, do you experience this issue in all MP scenes or is there a specific scene with this issue? Please try verifying the integrity of the game files to see if this will help with the issue.

This happens only with MP scenes, vanilla scenes too.

Some sounds which work via sound_emitter script works, but only at very close distance

Back
Top Bottom