Amazing Mod, but forum kinda dead? :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Really a amazing and entertaining mod, but the forums seem to be kinda(for such an awesome mod at least) dead? What is really a shame considering the new version came out recently (3ish weeks as far as i can see).
I started a few days ago but so far im loving it, to me it could compete with mods like PoP or the other big and popular mods, just needs better advertising maybe? I found it thought a Lets Play of this, ignoring the mod before because of the inactivity(semi activity better said) of this board, but its a gem.

The diversity in the troops in really entertaining, the different merchants (who can also teach you skills!) is awesome, especially the skill part. There is lots of different books, for most i have no idea what they do (the gun guys fire drake manual, really no idea what it could do). And there is still a lot of stuff i need to experience still.

Lastly, thank you to the mod maker(s) who made this game, and i hope you intend to continue working and making this mod even better.

Yeah I agree, this mod is great and can easily be considered one of the top quality mods available for Warband. But for some reason, like you say, the forum has more tumbleweed than players. It has a unique setting in Indochina and is well made and stable. The mod makers have made a good 'landing page' on the forums, so to speak, with a nice prologue and features thread so I can't see there being any reason for people to think 'meh' about the mod. And the mod videos are actually really well done too, I think it was them that got me excited for the mod. And they have elephants in the game. Elephants!

I think the issue with this mod is that it is hard to identify with, at least as an American.  Overall I think it might be the best mod I have every played but I find it very hard to identify with any of the factions except maybe the Portuguese mostly due to the fact I don't have any historical reference to this geographical region during the time period.  Basically none of the factions really make any sense to me as I don't have a clue what they represent or their culture.  Most Mods focus on more common historical references or fantasy themes that are much easier to identify with. 

Thank you.

I think our team have reached our primary objective in creating a playable souteast asia themed mod but I do hope someone can put the mod further like adding new stuff or submod using source code.

The forum is not dead, and we are still playing the mod!  :cool:

Midnitewolf said:
I think the issue with this mod is that it is hard to identify with, at least as an American.  Overall I think it might be the best mod I have every played but I find it very hard to identify with any of the factions except maybe the Portuguese mostly due to the fact I don't have any historical reference to this geographical region during the time period.  Basically none of the factions really make any sense to me as I don't have a clue what they represent or their culture.  Most Mods focus on more common historical references or fantasy themes that are much easier to identify with.

I know what you mean. Me, as an european, also found a bit difficult identifying as any faction except Portugal. But I think that is also kind of the purpose of the mod: to get to know different cultures and exciting times that are not always predominant in the mainstream culture. Althought my favorite campaign by far has been the portuguese one, I have also enjoyed quite much my laotian campaign. It is very different, and it was challenging for me to adapt to a very different type of troops, environment, strategies, etc. And it is in this challenge where I found the fun in the campaign. The manipuri has proven to be the more challenging, up so far. Very light cavalry based, so the strategies are limited, and sieges are quite difficult (and the naka are quite a pain in the butt).

That made me discover this period of time, and cultures. I actually recommend you to watch some movies about this time. "Suriyothai" can make you smile, since the OST from the mod is taken from there, and will literally sound familiar. "The samurai from Ayothaya" was actually fun to watch (side comment: if you find it too nationalistic, since it depicts Ayutthaya as the best State, and siamese warriors are overwhemingly powerful, and pure, and etc: this is how some people feel about most american movies...). "BangRajan" was not bad, althought I found it less entertaining (something about the combats).

Back
Top Bottom