Am I the only person that wants unit homogenization?

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm tired of scrolling through my party page of 100 different types of troops from all major and minor factions and i'm tired of every lord in the game collecting a rag tag bunch of troops regardless of their culture.

here's a suggestion for a mod: Unit Homogenization. which allows all your troops to be upgraded to a same tier same class troop of your personal culture or your kingdom culture. like a Legionnaire would be able to "upgrade" to a Darkkhan if you are Khuzait. and for a lower tier troop. they'll have the option to turn into your culture's upgrade or keep as their original culture.
I would like to see uniform armies supplemented with minor factions and auxiliaries(empire only) I like the suggestion to upgrade into own culture. I am not sure how to mod that, maybe with a free sidegrade. The uniform culture armies would benefit from more diverse army builds and battlefield/ campaign tactics between cultures.

Last edited:
I'd love the ability to replace notables with another culture and also to forbid other clans from recruiting form my fiefs. Imagine taking more and more land actually having an effect like pushing all the AI away and making them all compete for the same recruits elsewhere. it's be almost like strategy n stuff.
With the notables system in place, I seriously wished TW actually explored ways to interact with it.

Imagine quests involving migration of new people entering into a settlement, with things like disgruntled locals and the like. Or maybe after you take over settlements, you can personally execute/remove notables and install brand new ones in their places- ones that share the same culture as yourself. That way even in the frigid colds of Sturgia, you can always get your mamelukes from Thaqir the Tanner or something.

I swear, I think I made a suggestion like this before...

I like the many troops and factions and would not mind even more BUT the party panel is to basic and outdated.

In Viking Conquest you had to get permission to recruit from other Lords villages.

Mod for organizing troops in the party panel

Last edited:
I'm tired of scrolling through my party page of 100 different types of troops from all major and minor factions and i'm tired of every lord in the game collecting a rag tag bunch of troops regardless of their culture.

here's a suggestion for a mod: Unit Homogenization. which allows all your troops to be upgraded to a same tier same class troop of your personal culture or your kingdom culture. like a Legionnaire would be able to "upgrade" to a Darkkhan if you are Khuzait. and for a lower tier troop. they'll have the option to turn into your culture's upgrade or keep as their original culture.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. I can't stand having 30 different types of troops nor do I think it makes much sense.

I'd like to see a divergent

I agree wholeheartedly with this. I can't stand having 30 different types of units in my army. It's annoying and it doesn't make much sense.

I'd like to see every culture with divergent trees. Every culture should have Spearmen, swordsmen, archers, cavalry, and seige engines (horse archers are really the only outlier). I also agree that every unit should be able to rank up to the same degree. Get rid of the changing names of troops, and give them veteran status. For example, vlandian Spearman rank 4 and Khuzait Spearman rank 4. The only difference between the two would be their armor and spear pierce damage.

Back
Top Bottom