Am I the only one that thinks the Characters look really weird?

Users who are viewing this thread

xdj1nn

Knight at Arms
To me they feel kinda cartoonish, but the worst part are the eyes! Everybody is cockeyed! really, pay attention to their eyes! It's SO WEIRD.

To me they feel kinda cartoonish, but the worst part are the eyes! Everybody is cockeyed! really, pay attention to their eyes! It's SO WEIRD.
Yeah, it's been so bad since the shadow under the eyes disappeared. I don't know why everyone else thinks it's so good.

Most annoying thing is the characters always laughing so weird. it's scary :mrgreen:
hahaha Cockeyed with distorted laughter face, they are like deformed monstrosities

Also the hairs, at least male hairs, look awful, they look like wigs with a cushion underneath, they are like conical, so fking weird! hahaha

I don't believe anyone think it is good. Most people just accept this game do not have great graphics, and it is already an improvement over MnB.

I mean we all play games of all sorts all the time. Unless they are blind or have zero art sense I am sure everyone can tell.

I don't believe anyone think it is good. Most people just accept this game do not have great graphics, and it is already an improvement over MnB.

I mean we all play games of all sorts all the time. Unless they are blind or have zero art sense I am sure everyone can tell.

They made it worse with 1.3 though. Feel like everyone got hit with the ugly stick for the shake of "realism", except it doesn't look any more real than it was IMO

Yeah, but at least I think they fixed some of the weird hair on some characters. In the first few patches there were some looters with Pocahontas hair that gave me nightmares, between the hair and the spirited eyes it was like uhmmmm ok life must have been kind with you, I can see why you are a looter :lol:

Yeah, but at least I think they fixed some of the weird hair on some characters. In the first few patches there were some looters with Pocahontas hair that gave me nightmares, between the hair and the spirited eyes it was like uhmmmm ok life must have been kind with you, I can see why you are a looter :lol:

When we talk to npc lords, they have this facial feature I like to label "Mid Mouth Breath," and it looks absolutely ridiculous.

You could be the most handsome/beautiful person and if you held that exact same expression people would think you looked bonkers. And that's what happens with npc in this game, they hold that expression and it doesn't matter that they actually look decent.

Take Ira, princess of the Southern Empire, for instance. Looks great in her encyclopedia page, but meet her in person and it's like you smell horrible and so she's trying to breath through her mouth. Look lady, there's no bathing functionality in this game or I would use it at least once a month!

Taleworlds can fix this issue easily - have the npc lords keep their mouths shut. I don't care if it looks like they are speaking to you with psychic powers of the mind, it still looks better than the alternative.

Last edited:
When we talk to npc lords, they have this facial feature I like to label "Mid Mouth Breath," and it looks absolutely ridiculous.

You could be the most handsome/beautiful person and if you held that exact same expression people would think you looked bonkers. And that's what happens with npc in this game, they hold that expression and it doesn't matter that they actually look decedent.

Take Ira, princess of the Southern Empire, for instance. Looks great in her encyclopedia page, but meet her in person and it's like you smell horrible and so she's trying to breath through her mouth. Look lady, there's no bathing functionality in this game or I would use it at least once a month!

Taleworlds can fix this issue easily - have the npc lords keep their mouths shut. I don't care if it looks like they are speaking to you with psychic powers of the mind, it still looks better than the alternative.
well, since there's no voice acting, having their mouths move looks actually silly

well, since there's no voice acting, having their mouths move looks actually silly

I was shocked when they had Istiana actually talk (a very good voice actor to boot), so I'm wondering if Taleworlds wants to add in more voice acting down the line. I know her anti-Empire counterpart doesn't have voiced dialogue or really anything interesting to say. Seriously, Saving the Empire was clearly the favored quest branch at this point...

But yah, for most other lords not moving their mouths would improve their appearance (ridiculous as that may sound out of context).

There is a lot voice acting will be add to the game. There is already tons of recorded voices in the game files from simple greeting to hole live store

Back
Top Bottom