Am I racist or is this game too woke?

Is MadVader a racist twat?

• Yes, definitely.

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • No, just a twat.

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • I'm also uneasy about wokeness, but can't decide if this is really racism.

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The developer is owned by XBOX Game Studios, and it is published by XBOX Game Studios. If XBOX/Microsoft isn't "mainstream", then nothing in gaming is.

It's published by Xbox Game Studios.
Fair enough, I drop out that of my argument. A black protagonist is still a small issue and exaggeration to say it's a forced diversity issue while black people, latinos and women do live in US, and that is the case in many many countries, even in non western countries. Saying this is not probable to happen in any way, and more calling it unnimersive still is ridiculous. It's not like this is a medieval game where a latin Mexican person with a giant hat shows up

A white country... yeah, okey. A country isn't white or black, its composed of people
You just didn't read my opening arguments about rural demographics and the previous game and went off on a childish rant ignoring every argument made before, simply assuming I'm racist because that's easy for you to comprehend. Not exactly a thinking person, are you? Better stay with the reaction gifs, that's your level.

Last edited:
You are racist by the current definition.

There is a lot of pandering to minorities in media and marketing these days, no doubt about that. Although specifically Blackwashing ultimately panders more to (a certain kind of) Whites than Blacks themselves. Judging by advertising in NY, you would think the city is 50% 30-something, an empowered Black woman with dreadlocks or an afro, even though Black women of all ages and other variables are around 12% of NY's populations and probably something like 1% of its spending power, so I doubt they are the ones the companies are trying to look cool for.

Similarly I suspect that the biggest beneficiaries of Blackcasting of historical White characters is the type of Whites who congratulate each other on how awesome they are for omg the acting was soooo good they did not even notice that the French princess was played by a Nigerian.

Similarly I suspect that the biggest beneficiaries of Blackcasting of historical White characters is the type of Whites who congratulate each other on how awesome they are for omg the acting was soooo good they did not even notice that the French princess was played by a Nigerian.
That's the "end thread" moment I was looking for, thanks. Hopefully this blows over when liberals get bored with this.

But if those two guys posting pictures of bald people for over 2 years cant convince Taleworlds to add more hairstyles, nothing can.
8uvMLTE.jpg

This belongs to the game screenshots thread, but also here.
I'm really enjoying this game, and "forced diversity" doesn't really bother me too much because I don't hate black people. Only Jacob. Just kidding.

When you finish a SoD2 campaign, you get to keep your survivors in a survivor pool. Then when you start a new campaign, you can reuse three of them as a starting team, instead of picking predefined (very diverse) pairs.
Of course I started the next difficulty campaign with 3 whites - 2 women and a man, all skilled up and equipped.
Then you get to recruit randomly generated survivors in missions, or even choose from 2 or 3, so there is a choice.
I played by recruiting everyone, and when having a choice, picking up the skilled ones.
SoD2.png
You can see the new 6 recruits were 2 black women, 2 black men and 2 white women.
NO WHITE MEN, because patriarchy and racial oppression! :grin:

Edit: Just finished this campaign. The final mission brought me three emergency recruits, and they were all white guys! It was like snow on Christmas!! :razz:
Except when I checked more carefully, they were actually two Latinos and one Asian. I swear the game is messing with me.

Last edited:
Inappropriate behavior
I'm not going to argue too much in my defense, because that would be sus, but I went out of my way to collect data to check for myself whether I have racisty expectations or the game is woke, with some measure of objectivity and evidence.
Your argument is basically, "if you notice a game is woke and complain, you are racist". Maybe I am, I hope not.
there is warm pee running down your leg right now, are you gonna keep crying? This is BABY TUNSTEEN talking! KEEP GENERALIZIN' junkie ritz rice sandpaper wawa gas station L O L Baby Tunsteen says KEEP. CRYING. "no white ppl in my videogame waahhwaaahh this is reverse racism waaahhwaahhh" I am NOT joking or playing a character right now. keep crying white man, keep peeing down your jeans, maybe you'll be able to squat more than 250 one day.
Baby TunSTEIN out. not playing a character btw not joking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom