SP - UI Alternate Command system

Users who are viewing this thread

A thought on the commands during a battle. Perhaps there could be an ability the player has called "Command". Once the ability is activated, time slows down to a reasonable degree and the player can issue movement and/or formation commands to their units almost like an RTS. The balancing part of this ability is a meter called "focus". Once the Command ability is activated, the focus meter begins to drain and when empty the player is forced out of the tactical mode.

Maybe improving "Tactics" can improve the slowdown and or the length of the Focus meter.

Also maybe an option before battle to divide your army into groups. Arranging the units within according to preference. Instead of attempting to do so in the middle of an engagement.

Maybe a camp and ambush system?

Just random thoughts during the dark hours of my shift. Wanted to voice them here before I forgot. I would also like listen to those wishing to share their opinion on this! :grin:

This currently outdated mod offered that idea in a simple way. Perhaps an on/off option in the gameplay settings where you can command in a slowmo small lapse, would allow devs to expand the tactical options through more micromanagement (more orders like focus fire, switch weapon command, etc...) for the player who is overwhelmed at x1 speed.

+
As for the division of groups, camps and ambush system... from official statements it seems that these don't fit into the design plans Taleworlds has for Bannerlord... much to my dismay.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom