Antiquity LSP 3D Art AlphaDelta's Ancient warriors pack

Users who are viewing this thread

Credit is fine and good, but permission is required beforehand. Not just "oh, I'll post it and if anyone complains about their stuff being in it I'll be happy to remove it". Is that hard to understand? You still do not have permission for much of the work in the pack you posted.

Well I've learnt more about the M&B community in the last few days than in the previous 4 years. Pettyness is par for the course and getting your eggs tickled is more important than playing fun mods.

Anyway...

Ealabor refused permission to release his mesh edits and shield meshes with this package so he has removed them.  Alxcruel replied and told me that none of the work is his. That means the entire contents of this package are mine and I've uploaded the new package and added a download link.

The majority of the mesh edits were basic UV edits to standard Mount and Blade models (byrnies, shirt, linen_tunic, leather_jerkin etc) so it should be very simple to re-allign the uv coordinates in those models to match my textures. Some had trousers or straps added and they may require a little extra work but it's a relatively small task compared to the texturing work.

If you ask him nicely he might grant you permission (I doubt it but it's worth a shot) to use his mesh edits in your mod. In which case it would be very simple to put the meshes back together with the materials.

The shields should be very simple to recreate as they are primitive shapes.

I sincerely hope these textures are of use to the community.

Cheers and thanks for the private message support.

*Bump*
So... would it be possible for the Mount and Gladius team to use this... the quality is astounding! :shock:
Or are there still issues as far as permission goes... :neutral:

ealabor said:
I'm going to make public a file with proper credits, so work you have done can be publicized as you seem to desire.

As a bonus, i'm going to add lods that I made, which is for all of the items contained in OP download.
Just wondering, is this in the link in the OP?

Stevon said:
*Bump*
So... would it be possible for the Mount and Gladius team to use this... the quality is astounding! :shock:
Or are there still issues as far as permission goes... :neutral:

The contents of the pack are 100% good to go! Use them at your leisure.  The textures lack bumpmap's but if you have something like shadermap pro I think they could be created really quickly and look really great.

FrisianDude said:
ealabor said:
I'm going to make public a file with proper credits, so work you have done can be publicized as you seem to desire.

As a bonus, i'm going to add lods that I made, which is for all of the items contained in OP download.
Just wondering, is this in the link in the OP?

The work in the OP pack was made by me, I can't remember if E released his credits file and he never supplied any LOD's.

Cheers

Shadermap Pro works really nicely. Brings them back to life.

linothorax_spec_bump.jpg

dacian_spec_bump.jpg

A few mod leaders have contacted me to tell me they've included some of the work in their mod but would there be interest enough to warrant bringing them up to Warband level?

Cheers

would there be interest enough to warrant bringing them up to Warband level?
IIRC, I looked at this stuff for the Celtic gear sets, largely looking for some "civilian" or low-level clothing for bandits and the like. 

The main issue with the pack is actually naming conventions; everything needs to be renamed.  You cannot just call stuff "byrnie" or whatnot; it causes all sorts of issues in mods that have combined a lot of OSP stuff.

So, using "ad_" for AlphaDelta, it'd be ad_nameofmesh, ad_nameofmaterial, ad_nameoftexture, etc., so that it can just be dragged and dropped into a mod without causing needless name collisions and other issues.  That would really improve the pack.

The BRFs also needed working bump and spec maps and LODs, as you've indicated, and a lot of the meshes are pretty low-poly, even too much so for Warband.  That could be fixed- they just need a few more loops along the arms and legs, mainly, to round them out.  You can use Wings to do that non-destructively; if you don't push / pull the points around a lot, it won't damage the UV map or cause much stretching, in most cases.

I've run into these issues a lot in OSP packs; fixing most of this is not too hard, just time-consuming :smile:

theelder said:
i know this is a stupid question
can someone tell me how to use it?there's no mesh?

i dont see meshes too just open the brf and find papers with textures!!

Gambino said:
theelder said:
i know this is a stupid question
can someone tell me how to use it?there's no mesh?

i dont see meshes too just open the brf and find papers with textures!!
well,i think we need meshes to use it on the items.py. perhaps we should use meshes from another brf?

Back
Top Bottom