[ Alpha6 ] New Map ---'Dodo Island'--- [Information] [Updated 7/22]

Users who are viewing this thread

I like that idea as well having enterable homes for Serfs to live in outside the castle walls.

Also I think the castle should be decorated a tad more tis a bit barren don't you think?

The map is nice. Very datailed....

...but...

there is on problem, why the first map was better:

No Castle on  Dodo Island has any strategic position. There is no reason for a commoner to use the ressources near the castles if they have the great mine near town. There is also no reason for going to any castle, cause there are all at the end of the maps...

In the map before, there has every castle a strategic position...one controll the town and port, one controll the way between town und other castles inlsusive the stonebridge, one controll the wooden bridge and the other control a port.

Now, we didnt have any strategic ground for the factions.

This map Dodo island has it's perks however I have seen a map that was by far my favorite and I only saw it once and I haven't seen it since.

Infamy said:
This map Dodo island has it's perks however I have seen a map that was by far my favorite and I only saw it once and I haven't seen it since.
Name it, or describe - we know every map that was created for PWmod

Each castle was on it's on island the Outlaw island was like a Tropical island with palm trees and stuff.

Lmao your the one who wanted me to name it/describe it don't get all bent out of shape I don't give a crap to be honest I can play what ever map tbh I just mentioned that I liked the map is all I was fishing for it's name or what it was. That was all you as far as I was concerned so no next time I want check the stickys because I wasn't looking for that in the first place.

This happens with every map as of late I have been calling this the Limbo Bug because it just puts a faction into Limbo it's really freaking annoying...

Yes, it is. More than once some of my friends and I, when online, have decided to take a 'dead' faction and rebuild it, new name and banner and such. Unlucky for us, Merc stations don't work and only faction members can buy banners for factions. One of these needs to be fixed, because it would be equally annoying if a faction lost a castle and needed mercs to retake it.

I seriously hope the "Limbo" Bug is took into consideration because it's a serious annoyance and problem.

NEW UPDATES 4/2

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2704

-Castle gates(big doors) are added : it means less castle raping from opened gates

-The black smith is moved near the wood hut.

-Stockpiles for commoners are added to the wood hut.

-Useless towers are deleted.

-A slave cell is added to the city harbour.

-You cannot change your troop as 'Footman' when you are in 'Commoners' (You can be a crossbowman)

-Proper names of territories are added.

-Useful towers are added. Use 'a rooftop door(a teleport door)' in the castle(near the castle stairs) to go up the tower.

-Some bugs are fixed.

-Refined economy-balance.

Change Strings.txt in your PW_4_alpha4 folder to (For proper names.)
str_scene_name_1 Test_Scene
str_scene_name_2 Dodo_Island
str_scene_name_3 Scene_3
str_scene_name_4 Scene_4
str_scene_name_5 Scene_5
str_scene_name_6 Scene_6
str_scene_name_7 Scene_7
str_scene_name_8 Scene_8
str_scene_name_9 Scene_9
str_scene_names_end scene_names_end
str_castle_name_0 Unknown
str_castle_name_1 Castle_Praven
str_castle_name_2 Castle_Jelkala
str_castle_name_3 Castle_Sargoth
str_castle_name_4 Caslte_Shariz
str_castle_name_5 Mine_Volcain
str_castle_name_6 Mt_Hellstone
str_castle_name_7 City_Jerusalem
str_castle_name_8 Generic_Castle_8
str_castle_name_9 Generic_Castle_9
str_castle_names_end Invalid_Castle_Name

Bronko40 said:
The map is nice. Very datailed....

...but...

there is on problem, why the first map was better:

No Castle on  Dodo Island has any strategic position. There is no reason for a commoner to use the ressources near the castles if they have the great mine near town. There is also no reason for going to any castle, cause there are all at the end of the maps...

In the map before, there has every castle a strategic position...one controll the town and port, one controll the way between town und other castles inlsusive the stonebridge, one controll the wooden bridge and the other control a port.

Now, we didnt have any strategic ground for the factions.
Actually, the castles do have differrent strategic stuff involved. For instance, One castle has all crossbows and maces while the other has swords and bows. your men could want certain weapons, therefore it is important to have dif castles.

Suspicous Pilgrim said:
Doma, you need to reduce the skills for footmen at the commoner training stations. Mainly strength skills. Bump it down to 13?

You can't adjust the skills of classes, you can only change which faction they are training as. If you want to have the footman class be weaker put it in the suggestion thread.

Back
Top Bottom