In Progress Scene Editor Alpha does not apply correctly to flora generated with flora mesh and flora paint for dry_leafs_mix_a_red and wheat_group_fall

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded
The alpha channel of both of the flora in the title does not apply properly leaving issues like in this image
16111e3e92c35f177e54c7416896d159.jpg

the one on the left was spawned in directly from the resource browser, so you can see that it should work properly, but for the one on the right (and elsewhere) you can see that the alpha does not apply, so you can clearly see the shell around the leaf. The wheat group fall flora has the same issue, this has been an issue (to my knowledge) since the tools release, and has been noted by other modders.

So I think I found out why this is happening while trying to import my own trees, the wheat group fall material (wheat_stalk) doesn't have an sdf alpha texture, and it seems like if you want the flora's to have proper alpha when being painted, they need the sdf. I made a quick sdf alpha for the wheat_stalks material and the wheat group fall flora worked properly. I dont know how to go about fixing the leaf one, since the shader the leaves use doesnt have a slot for the sdf, I suppose if this info could be passed along to the devs the fix seems like it should be quick at least for the wheat group fall flora.

Back
Top Bottom