Alpha and Beta Branches in General!

Users who are viewing this thread

I hope that skipping 5 patches ahead means the biggest patch yet

- Economy fixes, no more overpriced armor
- XP fixes, you can actually level at a decent clip and passively train troops
- Trait overhaul, 1) they actually work 2) they give better bonuses that actually have something to do with the skill you're leveling and aren't unnoticeable 2% bonuses.
- More anti-snowball fixes
- More sensible and transparent fief elections; no more getting locked out of election for settlements you captured yourself
- More companion templates that include engineering and stewardship, also overhaul of their stats so they can actually level up. Not going to expect actual companions at this stage...
- Siege pathfinding fixes so troops don't rush back and forth between engines and actually climb all ladders and don't bunch up. Archers being spaced out more so they actually fire would be a plus as well. And a way to pull back cav/shock infantry without shields until the final assault...
- Perhaps new features like renewable merc contracts (that pay weekly instead of per party killed) and ability to usurp factions from the inside.

I feel that 1.1.0 means the elusive startup crash that ruined an entire week of gameplay for so many people is finally fixed.
Recent dev activity in the crash section of forums could also suggest that, as they are treating it as a high priority now.

Fingers crossed! (y)(y)(y)

I hope that skipping 5 patches ahead means the biggest patch yet

- Economy fixes, no more overpriced armor
- XP fixes, you can actually level at a decent clip and passively train troops
- Trait overhaul, 1) they actually work 2) they give better bonuses that actually have something to do with the skill you're leveling and aren't unnoticeable 2% bonuses.
- More anti-snowball fixes
- More sensible and transparent fief elections; no more getting locked out of election for settlements you captured yourself
- More companion templates that include engineering and stewardship, also overhaul of their stats so they can actually level up. Not going to expect actual companions at this stage...
- Siege pathfinding fixes so troops don't rush back and forth between engines and actually climb all ladders and don't bunch up. Archers being spaced out more so they actually fire would be a plus as well. And a way to pull back cav/shock infantry without shields until the final assault...
- Perhaps new features like renewable merc contracts (that pay weekly instead of per party killed) and ability to usurp factions from the inside.

I just want xp in the arena man :sad:

It's not "skipping" 5 patches, it's making a new minor release. https://semver.org/
So if I'm understanding this correctly, we are getting new features this patch instead of just bug fixes and minor tweaks?

"Minor version Y (x.Y.z | x > 0) MUST be incremented if new, backwards compatible functionality is introduced to the public API. It MUST be incremented if any public API functionality is marked as deprecated. It MAY be incremented if substantial new functionality or improvements are introduced within the private code. It MAY include patch level changes. Patch version MUST be reset to 0 when minor version is incremented."

Yup. Though it may not be a user-facing feature, for example some new subset of AI would warrant a minor version bump, but not be very visible to the players.

Back
Top Bottom