Almost two months into EA. Satisfied?

Are you happy with how the game launched in EA and how it evolved during the first two months?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I honestly haven't played the game since, exactly April 13th. I love the game but am waiting for some more fine tuning and bigger updates to come out. I played 60 hrs of the game and was happy every second. I just want more diplomacy,quests,sieges and so forth just more stuff.

Not in terms of maps, assets, writing, NPCs etc.

No significant new content is coming, they have actually been pretty clear about that. People just don't want to accept that, since the game is an empty shell*, and probably closer to a tech demo than a finished game. The plans (as published) and statements on the steam page etc all suggest the same thing: this is it. A bit of spit'n'polish, and it's done.

Though at this point I don't know what will get people to wake up and smell the coffee, a lot of people still think the game will magically turn into whatever fantasy they have in their head if they just sit around saying "yay taleworlds!" all day, or something.

*empty shell is not equal to sandbox

No significant new content is coming, they have actually been pretty clear about that. People just don't want to accept that, since the game is an empty shell*, and probably closer to a tech demo than a finished game. The plans (as published) and statements on the steam page etc all suggest the same thing: this is it. A bit of spit'n'polish, and it's done.

Though at this point I don't know what will get people to wake up and smell the coffee, a lot of people still think the game will magically turn into whatever fantasy they have in their head if they just sit around saying "yay taleworlds!" all day, or something.

it's sad, really

What I don't get is why people expected something different. Have they never played Warband? Personally I am perfectly happy with Bannerlord, it's a true successor to Warband and exactly what I hoped for.

Certainly not satisfied, I am not sure what the focus is but there are some pretty game breaking bugs one that has been there for nearly a month and not fixed having to do with dialog when talking with lords that own tons of fiefs and yes I tried the fast dialog mod which when active crashes my game on loading. I pray that the creator of fast dialog updates it again as I am sure one the patches that you know fixes next to nothing made it not work or better yet maybe TW could be smart and incorporate the mod into their base game.

I'm actually getting less satisfied with each successive patch. Early on I had high hopes for where the game was headed, but its becoming more and more clear to me that I'm not going to enjoy the game that this ultimately turns into. It seems to me that Taleworlds' vision for the game is something very different from what I've always loved about Mount and Blade.

What I don't get is why people expected something different. Have they never played Warband? Personally I am perfectly happy with Bannerlord, it's a true successor to Warband and exactly what I hoped for.
I believe most people did play warband and are frustrated exactly because this was supposed to deliver more than warband and it did the opposite. I suppose at least bannerlord is prettier...

Given what I paid for the game and the amount of hours ive gotten out of it I've certainly gotten my moneys worth but the game is still a barebones alpha. There's no way it will be done in a year.

Game is great but i wait for TW to make everything modable and to finish early access. Why? So modders can start releasing those amazing mods such as Perisno, POP, WOFAI... I always found original sandbox game to be dull but mods are amazing.

Game is great but i wait for TW to make everything modable and to finish early access. Why? So modders can start releasing those amazing mods such as Perisno, POP, WOFAI... I always found original sandbox game to be dull but mods are amazing.

THIS

? mod pl0x!!!!!!!!!
Victorian era would be cool also.

A true sucessor that forget half the things that was awesome in previous games...

You could play warband/VC for hundreds of hours without any mods. You can't play Bannerlord without mods...

MP rocks. The average level of players skills is challenging. More when you VS 6-members squad in Captain Mode with random pubs.

Doesnt matter what their vision is. Just give players modding tools
I am leaning more and more into this thought everyday. The pace they are going and the direction it seems their focus is on I would actually much rather just have the modding tools at this point. It really feels they don't have a handle on this game and they don't have a clear path to how to get to a finished product.

Back
Top Bottom